oneBoro Forum

Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)

Questions:
1. Are you starting to feel optimistic about the season yet? 

WIn the next two, and I might ...

2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on? 

Just yes

3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A)

None, but hope for 7 

4. Who is the better manager out of Warnock and McCarthy?

Cocks as fingers or  taste buds in the rectum?

5. Starting 11 and formation? 

Same

6. Who scored the 2nd goal against Barnsley, Sol or Crooksy? 

Both = Caramba

• Like 1
  • Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Payero could nutmeg a mermaid

Hey there, thanks for letting me join. 👍 As @Downsouth mentioned, I run the Cardiff City Forum (I'd like to post the link to our match thread so you guys can see what's being said from our POV b

Bit of positive news Ref our fans 👏👏👏

Posted Images

Questions:

Start of the season I said we'd finish around 10th but be in with a playoff shout till deep in the season, I'm not as optimistic about the season as I am for future seasons, the work we've done in the summer window was exciting.

2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on?

Crooks has got through a lot of work and seems adept at winning the ball back as a CM, Payero looks like he's up to the physicality of the Championship. Would have to see how they stack up against better teams first

3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A)

1 Win 1 Draw 1 Loss, 4 points

Better looking?

Premier League Football GIF by KICK

Pretty much the same, rotate any players we can to keep the squad fresh.

Got to go Crooksy, even if Sol does get a touch it's still goal-bound all day.

Questions:

If we had won the Hull game then we would have the same record as 5th,6th &7th place and I would be a little more optimistic, it really depends on if we are really starting to click or we have been fortunate to play teams worse than us.

2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on? 

Rhetorical question?

3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A)

It's a dangerous game expecting anything from Boro, i would be happy with 6 but would like 9.

If you were in a sex sandwich between your mum and dad would you push in or pull out?

If it aint broke dont fix it! but give Tav a talking to....its a team game, play as a team.

Crooks

I’d stay with the 4-4-2.

Lumley 

Howson Bamba McNair Peltier

Tav Payero Crooks Hernandez

Ikpeazu Sporar

Onel in for Jones as I think the game suits Hernandez better, Jones’ crossing won’t be as effective against Cardiff’s 7ft centre backs whilst Hernandez is more direct 

Ikpeazu in purely for height and to battle Cardiff’s biggest threat which is the 3 CB’s 

9 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’d stay with the 4-4-2.

Lumley 

Howson Bamba McNair Peltier

Tav Payero Crooks Hernandez

Ikpeazu Sporar

Onel in for Jones as I think the game suits Hernandez better, Jones’ crossing won’t be as effective against Cardiff’s 7ft centre backs whilst Hernandez is more direct 

Ikpeazu in purely for height and to battle Cardiff’s biggest threat which is the 3 CB’s 

That's what I'd go with too. I wonder if they'll decide it's not worth risking Sporar after he pulled up though?

In that case, Coburn or Watmore up front with Uche. 

• Like 1

Last time out played in an empty stadium due to Covid mind you will there be much more noise I wonder?

We do not do well at Cardiff last time we won at their gaff  was 20th September 2014, would that be at the new or old ground?

Hopefully @Erimus74 will provide more enthralling information between the clubs

• Like 1

We have a Cardiff City Forum member "The Colonel" just signed up.

Let's give him a warm welcome as I would imagine he has a lot to moan about and will be interesting to know his views regarding their old Manager Neil Warnock

@The Colonel welcome to the oneBoro forum will be good to hear from you

• Like 2

Looking at stats there is not a lot between the teams, and although a pleasing result I don’t read to much into our last two games and if anything our season shows not to expect anything, other then expect unpredictability. 
I have no idea what to expect to be fair but I know for sure I would not lay a bet on a Boro win. Hope, yes but by no means confident. 
The one thing that I do see as a positive, the players attitude and with a few goals from open a play I feel we have enough to take 3 points. 

6 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

onel for that useless waste of a shirt tavernier instead, hes been terrible lately. most wasteful player on the pitch. imagine if instead of payero and coburn having an one two and scoring it was tav. would coburn have got that simple pass?? NO CHANCE. tav is making the game look bloomin hard, he needs benching and some time to reflect on how *** he is.

He's still our most creative player at the minute, you can't drop that. If he could figure out the final decision making he'd be a premier league player easily.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

onel for that useless waste of a shirt tavernier instead, hes been terrible lately. most wasteful player on the pitch. imagine if instead of payero and coburn having an one two and scoring it was tav. would coburn have got that simple pass?? NO CHANCE. tav is making the game look bloomin hard, he needs benching and some time to reflect on how *** he is.

What exactly has Hernandez done to show he deserves to take Tavs spot?

• Like 1

Nope, far much unpredictability but I saw some positive determination in the last game. 

2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on?

I think it would take time and it would be positive move forward, yes! 

Should rake 6 but more likely 3 to 4, says in hope..  

Seriously, in a beauty contest a braying Redcar Donkey would win hands down

Depends what time NW has his light bulb moment, no idea. 

Has to be Crooks

5 hours ago, Foogle said:

Questions:

Start of the season I said we'd finish around 10th but be in with a playoff shout till deep in the season, I'm not as optimistic about the season as I am for future seasons, the work we've done in the summer window was exciting.

The bold bit is interesting. There was a lot of buzz during the window but I am not sure the window was that great or exciting. 

Two loans who are struggling to find their feet and may or may not be here next season. 

A bunch of typical Warnock signings (not necessarily a bad thing) and a lad from Argentina.

Felt like an average window with a few near misses.

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

We have a Cardiff City Forum member "The Colonel" just signed up.

Let's give him a warm welcome as I would imagine he has a lot to moan about and will be interesting to know his views regarding their old Manager Neil Warnock

@The Colonel welcome to the oneBoro forum will be good to hear from you

Hey there, thanks for letting me join. 👍

As @Downsouth mentioned, I run the Cardiff City Forum (I'd like to post the link to our match thread so you guys can see what's being said from our POV but not sure if I'm allowed, so let me know) and tomorrow's game is quite an interesting one for us.

Obviously it'll be interesting to see what sort of reception Warnock gets but I reckon it'll be favourable as our fans are still quite fond of him. Likewise Bamba, a massive fan favourite here and I'm still bummed out we let him go and in the manner we did it but our board don't seem to get much right these days.

As far as the game itself is concerned, as long as Mick McCarthy doesn't field 5 centre backs (yes, that's been his 'winning' tactic in recent times) then we should give you a game but I can't see anything other than a Boro win in all honesty.

Big Mick will probably get the chop tomorrow regardless of the result.

• Like 7
  • Downsouth changed the title to Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)