oneBoro Forum

Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)

1 minute ago, Leesider said:

Not pretty! We played somw super football at times.In the immortal words of Chas & Dave,'There aint no pleasing you'!!

Well chuffed.

Easily pleased obviously

Did u not watch the amount of easy passes to team mates for scoring oops?Β 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Payero could nutmeg a mermaid

Hey there, thanks for letting me join. πŸ‘ As @Downsouth mentioned, I run the Cardiff City Forum (I'd like to post the link to our match thread so you guys can see what's being said from our POV b

Bit of positive news Ref our fans πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Posted Images

we'll, weve beaten the 3 worst sides in the league, at least we know theres a good chance were not going down now, but did i see anything to suggest we'll be attacking playoffs...not really. i think we have some quality players now and there were glimpses of their quality, but overall tactically poor and quality has been lacking over the last 3 games as we gave up poessesion to all three teams. the real test wil come in the next few games after birmingham where we play some decent sides. but as weve seen previously, when sides have anything about and with the amount of possesion were happy to give sides,Β  they tend to pick us apart.
Β 

• Like 3

We have entered our best form for quite a while. 3 on the bounce, no goals conceded- can’t argue with those stats. We may now have a belief . Ok we haven’t played the strongest of opponents but wins are wins.

Balance looks better, pace looks better, all in all encouraging. I for one did not think Warnock still had it in him to get a revival we’re seeing.

5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I missed the Barnsley game, but today looked the best we've played in a while.

Still not entirely convincing by any means, but when BoroΒ were on top, they looked energised and more importantly put together some good teamwork to create several decent chances.

Just a shame they were let down by some poor finishing. Don't think a 3-0 scoreline would have flattered us and really we could have scored 4 or 5.

That said, Cardiff were unlucky to not get on the scoresheet. How that effort that bounced off the underside of the bar stayed out I will never know. But when you're in those situations, luck does tend to desert you.

Generally pretty happy, but still some lingering concerns about Boro's fragility at the back and tendency to switch off at times. Against better teams we will be punished.

Β 

Its a weird situation. 3 wins in a row we should be buzzing...and some of us may well be. But we've been lucky to play 3 struggling teams in a row. While we couldn't have done any more results-wise, I think its been a case of making hay while the sun shines. Think the Luton game will be a better indicator of where we are in the pecking order.

But well done Neil and the lads. πŸ‘

Good summing up that AR echoes my thoughts exactly

• Thanks 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's a team game and Tav is too greedy. Like I said I'd start Jones over him just to see if that makes him buck his ideas up.

Jones starts over Hernandez. Hernandez definitely doesn't start over Tav.

1 minute ago, tmcc said:

we'll, weve beaten the 3 worst sides in the league, at least we know theres a good chance were not going down now, but did i see anything to suggest we'll be attacking playoffs...not really. i think we have some quality players now and there were glimpses of their quality, but overall quite tactically poor and quality has been lacking over the last 3 games. the real test wil come in the next few games after birmingham where we play some decent sides. but as weve seen previously, when sides have anything about them they tend to pick us apart.
Β 

Agreed.

We do seem to be slowly improving and starting to gel as a team, but the real acid test will come when we have to face some better teams.

Think we have enough about us to no longer worry about relegation, but may be a bit premature to start thinking about the play-offs.

Β 

• Like 2
Just now, tmcc said:

we'll, weve beaten the 3 worst sides in the league, at least we know theres a good chance were not going down now, but did i see anything to suggest we'll be attacking playoffs...not really. i think we have some quality players now and there were glimpses of their quality, but overall quite tactically poor and quality has been lacking over the last 3 games. the real test wil come in the next few games after birmingham where we play some decent sides. but as weve seen previously, when sides have anything about them they tend to pick us apart.
Β 

We are winning games we should win. Peterborough and Barnsley were both must win games. Today I was less convinced despite the form coming into the game but I thought it was pretty clear where their heads are at. They had one decent spell and fair play to us for playing through it but they were all over the place for most that game. Reflecting on the performances of all the teams we've played this week, Cardiff were arguably the worst.

We did get a lucky break with the penalty but we were well in the game even before that, it's not like that was the turning point in the game. We should have won by plenty more. Credit where it's due for beating what we should beat and doing it in a way where poor finishing at times is the difference between a 2-0 win and a rout.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Over the moon with that result, it could have quite easily been a banana skin for us!

I think this is the first time that we actually looked like a team.....are things reallyΒ starting to click?

Β 

I was about to say I really hope we've turned the corner...It looks like itΒ 

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's a team game and Tav is too greedy. Like I said I'd start Jones over him just to see if that makes him buck his ideas up.

Tav is greedy but he's not entirely wasteful. He has been working his socks off at both ends and creatively he is some way ahead of Jones, Hernandez etc. Decisions at times are really poor but he's too good to drop for me.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I was about to say I really hope we've turned the corner...It looks like itΒ 

as a couple of us have said, its hard to tell, we've played the 3 worst sides in the league, and i would hesitate to make any judgments about corner turning after beating a side thats lost 7 a in row before this game scoring only once.

tho it is good to see, our next 5 games or so will give a better indicating of how our season will go, the last 3 games only proved we wont be in the relegation scrap.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)