oneBoro Forum

Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)

38 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

That is just the largest load of bigoted clueless, blinkered, nonsense that I have read on this board….. ever, well done you, and I thought mince could not get thicker.

Without Warnock you’d be moaning about watching Boro v Fleetwood Town et al. People have been brainwashed into thinking he is some sort of destroyer of the beautiful game. Did you watch us under Strachan, Mowbray, Monk, Pulis Woodgate, christ, even parts of our successful time under Karanka? 

A manager is only as good as the recruitment he is allowed to bring in or in some cases has been gifted. 12 new players were brought in and the squad is still paper thin in some areas. 6 of them were free’s and 3 loans too, ie 9 players who’s clubs did not want them. He has had to experiment to find the right blend, football teams are not instantly made, it is a tad more complex than making gravy from water and some granules. 

We are seeing Payero look like the player he is because Warnock allowed him to settle in, gave him time to get used to new surroundings, the language, culture change. The kid is 7,000 miles from home. His girfriend has just joined him, he is starting to settle. Warnock is coping with the worst defensive crisis in the football league and getting results from a team you, me and everyone on here would have winced at at the start of the season. Warnock is getting results and the interview with Sporar showed how together the squad is thanks to Warnock and his staff. We have won 4 out of the last 5, yes they were against teams below us, but those teams have traditionally been our banana skins in the recent past. We are a team in form and some fans are so  myopic, they’d roll the dice and risk everything that has been built by him, we are 6th on merit, unlike Woodgate I believe the table does not lie. Yes it is all very tight and we need to ride our luck, but changing the manager would be like putting a 24 yr old in charge of the armoury on a film set.

Supporters should be grateful we have him right now. I suppose if you managed to get him out at least the experienced McCarthy is available….. some people need to be careful what they wish for.

Well, well I will be expecting an interesting debate now with CT staging a defence against the comments made by DM.

Pages and pages of endless to-ing and froing, retorts, remarks, cross examination should be what we could expect.

Like going to Crown Court the truth will be revealed😑

• Haha 5
  • Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Payero could nutmeg a mermaid

Hey there, thanks for letting me join. 👍 As @Downsouth mentioned, I run the Cardiff City Forum (I'd like to post the link to our match thread so you guys can see what's being said from our POV b

Bit of positive news Ref our fans 👏👏👏

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Boro 86 said:

First game I have been able to see live this season and some very promising signs mixed in with a dreadful final ball at times. Great interaction between Sporar and Sol at the end seemed to suggest a good spirit in the camp as well which is good to see. 

We all know it’s the hope that kills you but we look like we are a team who can only get better . Today should have been 5 at least and the concern is that we aren’t clinical but in Sporar we have a man who could get 20 this season once he gets the right pass

my glass is half full again ..... 

Best place to be Gary, good to know you were able to watch the game, did you go or watch by stream?

I wanted NW out a few weeks back, football is about emotion and when you are down you blame anyone, you look for a reason for all the crap on the pitch.

NW is going at the end of the season, if he can keep this form going then great!  Football is a results driven thing, he needs to win otherwise we moan.  

let’s see what happens

• Like 1
On 10/23/2021 at 7:05 AM, Downsouth said:

Dare I say it again?.....................Game Day so Come on Boro!

3 wins in a row................triple high five if we achieve this🖐️ 

I did and we did! Must be a lucky charm or maybe Boro are getting better😁

22 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Agreed then to top it off watching England beat The West Indies in the T20 World Cup game later on

Is there no stopping me? We smashed them 55 all out in 12 overs wow!

1 hour ago, Riverside94 said:

Look.. I get we have underperformed in games this season. But, getting rid of Warnock may not help.

The grass isn’t always greener, look at Cardiff since he’s left there and where they are now. 

we had Woodgate and look what Warnock did to turn us around after that. It could be when he leaves there’s a massive period where we are adapting to a new manager and style and may go backwards before we go forwards (Woody) so careful what we wish for.

On another note, Howson playing some of the best football I’ve seen him play in a boro shirt. Maybe Pulis knew what he was doing playing him RB 😂

Many Cardiff City supporters believe they're in the mess they're in BECAUSE of Warnock, signing aging players with no resale value on big contracts and leaving them with no money when he left.

Luckily this shouldn't happen to us thanks to Kieran Scott's role and our dual transfer policy of bringing in experienced players and younger players for the future.

Like I said I'm fine with him in charge until the end of the season. Hell we may even get promoted under him, it wouldn't surprise me given his record.

I certainly don't want him in charge next season though, regardless of what league we're in.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Many Cardiff City supporters believe they're in the mess they're in BECAUSE of Warnock, signing aging players with no resale value on big contracts and leaving them with no money when he left.

Sounds like *** to be fair.

He was there for 3 years and got them promoted with a cheap squad.

Promotion alone would have more than covered for any financial issues that Warnock signings caused.

They're not struggling because he signed Gary Madine and Glatzel.

• Like 2

Little bit of bother bottom end of Sloper Road near the petrol station after the game. Group of about 4-5 Boro fans getting grief of a larger group of city fans, looked like it was about turn nasty. Not sure if anything came of it?

This was taken from the Cardiff forum that some of us have had a look at.

I hope nothing came of it and the Boro lads were unharmed, somewhat alarming😌

• Wow 1

I think regardless of whether you think we have turned a corner or its a false dawn - surely nobody can debate the effort or the result. We always say we can accept losing if its to a better team and we at least try. Weve just won , every one put the effort in and in my view the football was really entertaining. I dont care if its Warnocks brilliance or he has stumbled upon it accidentally - long may it continue. They way we are playing, I wouldnt bring Fry or Dijksteel back in if they were fit...

1 hour ago, DocMartin said:

That is just the largest load of bigoted clueless, blinkered, nonsense that I have read on this board….. ever, well done you, and I thought mince could not get thicker.

Without Warnock you’d be moaning about watching Boro v Fleetwood Town et al. People have been brainwashed into thinking he is some sort of destroyer of the beautiful game. Did you watch us under Strachan, Mowbray, Monk, Pulis Woodgate, christ, even parts of our successful time under Karanka? 

A manager is only as good as the recruitment he is allowed to bring in or in some cases has been gifted. 12 new players were brought in and the squad is still paper thin in some areas. 6 of them were free’s and 3 loans too, ie 9 players who’s clubs did not want them. He has had to experiment to find the right blend, football teams are not instantly made, it is a tad more complex than making gravy from water and some granules. 

We are seeing Payero look like the player he is because Warnock allowed him to settle in, gave him time to get used to new surroundings, the language, culture change. The kid is 7,000 miles from home. His girfriend has just joined him, he is starting to settle. Warnock is coping with the worst defensive crisis in the football league and getting results from a team you, me and everyone on here would have winced at at the start of the season. Warnock is getting results and the interview with Sporar showed how together the squad is thanks to Warnock and his staff. We have won 4 out of the last 5, yes they were against teams below us, but those teams have traditionally been our banana skins in the recent past. We are a team in form and some fans are so  myopic, they’d roll the dice and risk everything that has been built by him, we are 6th on merit, unlike Woodgate I believe the table does not lie. Yes it is all very tight and we need to ride our luck, but changing the manager would be like putting a 24 yr old in charge of the armoury on a film set.

Supporters should be grateful we have him right now. I suppose if you managed to get him out at least the experienced McCarthy is available….. some people need to be careful what they wish for.

My god, I think you need to chill out pal!

Are you Warnocks wife?

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, mj south said:

Are you having a conversation with yourself on here DS? 🤣

For a while I thought I was but as I was the only one signed in and responding to others and adding stuff to the thread my initial lonliness complex went away😉

Also very keen to maintain average posts per MDT, however very pleased with this one as I had thought it would be a much lower count

Great win yesterday. So happy for Bamba. A few gave him and the club dog's abuse when he came in. It's nice to see him prove them wrong.

• Like 1