oneBoro Forum

Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)

12 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Footballs a game where the favourite only wins about 50% of the time, that shows you how much luck is involved in getting a result and often the best team on paper goes home without the 3 points, shouldn't take any victory for granted... 

nobodies taking it for granted, people were discussing what beating the 3 worst teams in the league means for our season. saying you can only beat the side in front of you wasnt a point anyone was discussing or refuting.

also that stats abit mis leading, there 3 outcomes in a game, win/draw/loss, so being right over 50% of the time with 3 outcomes actual shows that luck dosent play in that often. additionally, that stat looks at the whole league, in which there are a good 12-14 sides with not much between them. would be accurate for this discussion to look at how often the favourite wins when the top the 8 sides play the bottom 8 sides.

• Like 3
  • Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Payero could nutmeg a mermaid

Hey there, thanks for letting me join. 👍 As @Downsouth mentioned, I run the Cardiff City Forum (I'd like to post the link to our match thread so you guys can see what's being said from our POV b

Bit of positive news Ref our fans 👏👏👏

Posted Images

Well the score line flattered Cardiff I believe because we had a hatful of chances but at least we got the three points.

Apart from a 10-15 min period in the second half Cardiff showed why they are where they are and tbh expected a much closer game.

We are beginning to look much better and I have to say if NW keeps adapting the way he seems to be then he will get the fans back on side including I suspect many forum members, win win situation.

Delighted for Payero and Sporar just wish he commentators would pronounce their names properly.

Well done Cardiff fans for the magnificent gesture towards Sol Bamba boy what an inspirational figure he has become and very humble with it.

• Like 2

Harsh to say after another win, yep another win but, good enough, no it wasn’t especially against the bottom clubs and the amount of chances that could of and should have been converted. 

For one our midfield melted away start of the second half and two our back line will be tested against better teams. 
Options, options as in give the player on the ball a outlet he shouldn’t have to hold play looking for options he should see and hear them. Release the ball quickly moving forward because it’s a known fact the ball moves faster the a player can. Decision making has to be made in favour of the team. 

When it didn’t work I’m happy to see players voice there protest, a good sign the team is coming together. Bamba three games in a row, pronominal given his age. Tav just short of decision making to make a premier player, but because of his threat he brings value to the team as a threat and draws resources. Jones and Watmore bring energy and excitement and another dimension and I think we will see a lot more from Sporar or Payero. 

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Harsh to say after another win, yep another win but, good enough, no it wasn’t especially against the bottom clubs and the amount of chances that could of and should have been converted. 

For one our midfield melted away start of the second half and two our back line will be tested against better teams. 
Options, options as in give the player on the ball a outlet he shouldn’t have to hold play looking for options he should see and hear them. Release the ball quickly moving forward because it’s a known fact the ball moves faster the a player can. Decision making has to be made in favour of the team. 

When it didn’t work I’m happy to see players voice there protest, a good sign the team is coming together. Bamba three games in a row, pronominal given his age. Tav just short of decision making to make a premier player, but because of his threat he brings value to the team as a threat and draws resources. Jones and Watmore bring energy and excitement and another dimension and I think we will see a lot more from Sporar or Payero. 

Wins boost confidence and we could very well see better performance fro Boro when we play "better teams"

I think we can start matching others because at the moment we are to a degree, bring them on I say🙂

5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

This is because they changed things up - our midfield got right back into it when we changed to match it again. Early in that second half there just wasn't the space. Payero & Crooks were excellent again for the majority of the match today.

• Like 1

I think we are clearly building now, confidence is getting Higher which means more creativity across the pitch, wins like this Cardiff we’re always going to sit deep so I wasn’t expecting to smash them but to survive the onslaught at the start of the second half and then add a second, this is class for the team

6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Wins boost confidence and we could very well see better performance fro Boro when we play "better teams"

I think we can start matching others because at the moment we are to a degree, bring them on I say🙂

I think I covered that and agree the team is gelling. The energy and belief is there as is the berating when wrong decision are made all good signs. 

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

This is because they changed things up - our midfield got right back into it when we changed to match it again. Early in that second half there just wasn't the space. Payero & Crooks were excellent again for the majority of the match today.

I agree and we rode our luck not to go 2 - 1 down which could have changed the game completely. Payero, Crooks, Jones, Watmore and Tav all bring value and although I criticise Tav I would not drop him, simply because his day is coming and he will be knocking in his fair share of goals. It’s what he does all over the pitch that counts.  

8 minutes ago, White Band said:

Mick McCarthy sacked

I read the same. Whoa straight out the door on the way to the dressing room. Harsh. 
The fact he was booed by Cardiff fans who cheered NW didn’t help either. Now is our chance wonder if NW up for it, close to his home as well 😁

8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I agree and we rode our luck not to go 2 - 1 down which could have changed the game completely. Payero, Crooks, Jones, Watmore and Tav all bring value and although I criticise Tav I would not drop him, simply because his day is coming and he will be knocking in his fair share of goals. It’s what he does all over the pitch that counts.  

In what world were we lucky not to be 2-1 down?

We should have won 5-0 today.

• Downsouth changed the title to Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)