oneBoro Forum

Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Payero could nutmeg a mermaid

Hey there, thanks for letting me join. 👍 As @Downsouth mentioned, I run the Cardiff City Forum (I'd like to post the link to our match thread so you guys can see what's being said from our POV b

Bit of positive news Ref our fans 👏👏👏

Posted Images

3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Looks like being a typical scrap for the play-off places, all the way to the end. Would be nice if Boro are still in the mix come April, but theres a lot of football to be played between now and then.

Ah its brilliant. Love this league myself. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

I'd get rid of him tonight if possible aswell.

3 not hugely convincing wins over 3 horrendous hasn't made me feel any different. 

I wanted him out too, but I don’t know how you can say today and the Barnsley win weren’t  convincing, fair enough with Peterborough. I know we started the first 10 badly against Barnsley, but after that we had chance after chance. 

Today, again we had a fair few chances and clearly deserved to win. I know Warnock isn’t the answer and I’d be surprised if we made the play offs still, but I’ll try to be objective as long as he remains our manager 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, tmcc said:

as a couple of us have said, its hard to tell, we've played the 3 worst sides in the league, and i would hesitate to make any judgments about corner turning after beating a side thats lost 7 a in row before this game scoring only once.

tho it is good to see, our next 5 games or so will give a better indicating of how our season will go, the last 3 games only proved we wont be in the relegation scrap.

That's true but for the first time today I saw the seeds of a good side forming and a week on the training pitch can only make things better....I hope I'm right

• Like 3

My view of NW or any other manager is based on KPI in the case results which if plotted on a scatter chart would have Snr management panicking. The failure is in constancy, quality, communication and leadership, and the last three games although favourable, still reveal work to do. 
Of course there are fans who remained loyal to NW and some will be swayed and fall back in line by recent form, but one thing I’m pretty sure of, love him or hate him, he is here until the season finish’s. 

NW is very good at splitting fans opinions and is going to provide plenty of material to keep this forum interesting for a while longer. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

I'd get rid of him tonight if possible aswell.

3 not hugely convincing wins over 3 horrendous hasn't made me feel any different. 

As said above, how was today anything but a convincing win?

We won 2-0, and 5-0 probably wouldn't have flattered us too much.

• Like 2

First game I have been able to see live this season and some very promising signs mixed in with a dreadful final ball at times. Great interaction between Sporar and Sol at the end seemed to suggest a good spirit in the camp as well which is good to see. 

We all know it’s the hope that kills you but we look like we are a team who can only get better . Today should have been 5 at least and the concern is that we aren’t clinical but in Sporar we have a man who could get 20 this season once he gets the right pass

my glass is half full again ..... 

• Like 4

Probably setting myself up for some disagreement but I have been surprised that the twin transfer policy approach seems to have worked to a greater extent than I thought, Sporar and Payero are both bedding in nicely and seem to be able to work well with Crooks and Uche whilst Bamba and Peltier have earned their corn. If Lea-Siliki comes good and they ever get to the bottom of Ameobi's problem, then I would say that the window could be called successful when compared to others of late. Lumley has his moments but is a massive upgrade on Bettinelli and IF the loan lads come back as more experience and rounded players, I would say progress has been made, even it only means they have impressed elsewhere enough to get decent fees if we can't hang on to them. Coburn and Jones seem to be being integrated into the squad and although others are knocking at the door, it is up to them to break it down by impressing Scott enough to fast track them as he will be the one with the power to decide their future. Hopefully we can keep up the run next week and Gorgeous George takes a day off (for a change) as Clayton seems to have been shown the cold shoulder and shouldn't come back to haunt us in the same way. With any luck might have a couple back after that have to say in closing that although we should have won the last three games, it is really good that we have begun to win games against teams we should win games against, instead of being "Typical Boro"   

• Like 6

eye its good to beat struggling teams. but the best thing about it going into them were were right in there with them. low on confidence and poor form.

what was that stat again 59 shots 19 on target in the last 3? we have 100% turned a corner. considering we have been moaning about wasted final balls and panic shooting done alright like.

howson and paddy are playing well, tav was miles better to. payero crooks sporar and uche looking good. bamba and peltier rolling back the years. jones looking a threat when he gets on coburn scored in his cameo. we are a team in form. i fancy us to keep it going. deffo on the up now. last two were not scrappy wins, we were miles better. 

my son wants a season ticket, i said to him today, if we keep up this form you'll be seeing kane sterling grealish and co at the riverside next season. he looked buzzing at the thought of that.

• Like 2

Look.. I get we have underperformed in games this season. But, getting rid of Warnock may not help.

The grass isn’t always greener, look at Cardiff since he’s left there and where they are now. 

we had Woodgate and look what Warnock did to turn us around after that. It could be when he leaves there’s a massive period where we are adapting to a new manager and style and may go backwards before we go forwards (Woody) so careful what we wish for.

On another note, Howson playing some of the best football I’ve seen him play in a boro shirt. Maybe Pulis knew what he was doing playing him RB 😂

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

eye its good to beat struggling teams. but the best thing about it going into them were were right in there with them. low on confidence and poor form.

what was that stat again 59 shots 19 on target in the last 3? we have 100% turned a corner. considering we have been moaning about wasted final balls and panic shooting done alright like.

howson and paddy are playing well, tav was miles better to. payero crooks sporar and uche looking good. bamba and peltier rolling back the years. jones looking a threat when he gets on coburn scored in his cameo. we are a team in form. i fancy us to keep it going. deffo on the up now. last two were not scrappy wins, we were miles better. 

my son wants a season ticket, i said to him today, if we keep up this form you'll be seeing kane sterling grealish and co at the riverside next season. he looked buzzing at the thought of that.

Oh I think that’s so cruel mentioning players like that to your son. I hope he is young enough to forget or old enough to understand a joke. 
Joking Just Kidding GIF

Edited by sanddancer
10 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I'd sack him tonight if it was within my power to do so.  Then I'd sack him again tomorrow just for good measure.

That is just the largest load of bigoted clueless, blinkered, nonsense that I have read on this board….. ever, well done you, and I thought mince could not get thicker.

Without Warnock you’d be moaning about watching Boro v Fleetwood Town et al. People have been brainwashed into thinking he is some sort of destroyer of the beautiful game. Did you watch us under Strachan, Mowbray, Monk, Pulis Woodgate, christ, even parts of our successful time under Karanka? 

A manager is only as good as the recruitment he is allowed to bring in or in some cases has been gifted. 12 new players were brought in and the squad is still paper thin in some areas. 6 of them were free’s and 3 loans too, ie 9 players who’s clubs did not want them. He has had to experiment to find the right blend, football teams are not instantly made, it is a tad more complex than making gravy from water and some granules. 

We are seeing Payero look like the player he is because Warnock allowed him to settle in, gave him time to get used to new surroundings, the language, culture change. The kid is 7,000 miles from home. His girfriend has just joined him, he is starting to settle. Warnock is coping with the worst defensive crisis in the football league and getting results from a team you, me and everyone on here would have winced at at the start of the season. Warnock is getting results and the interview with Sporar showed how together the squad is thanks to Warnock and his staff. We have won 4 out of the last 5, yes they were against teams below us, but those teams have traditionally been our banana skins in the recent past. We are a team in form and some fans are so  myopic, they’d roll the dice and risk everything that has been built by him, we are 6th on merit, unlike Woodgate I believe the table does not lie. Yes it is all very tight and we need to ride our luck, but changing the manager would be like putting a 24 yr old in charge of the armoury on a film set.

Supporters should be grateful we have him right now. I suppose if you managed to get him out at least the experienced McCarthy is available….. some people need to be careful what they wish for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

With reference to NW I think I’ll sit on the fence for a while for several reasons. 
First NW is here to the end of the season and second we won’t go down and i predicted around mid upper and still think that’s a fair target regardless. 
Second. Players will be back from injury and while there will be others injuries, what it’s shown is we have some depth to fill in the gaps and get us through. 
Third. Be it more to do with injuries that put this team together there are promising signs of improvement and I can see NW realising he had players better then he thought and will attempt to utilise and strengthen some weak areas. 
Forth. There are signs of a team bonding because there was commitment, communication and application. This is not a team that’s given up and more a team finding it’s feet.

morph valentine's day GIF by Cartuna

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2