oneBoro Forum

Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Payero could nutmeg a mermaid

Hey there, thanks for letting me join. 👍 As @Downsouth mentioned, I run the Cardiff City Forum (I'd like to post the link to our match thread so you guys can see what's being said from our POV b

Bit of positive news Ref our fans 👏👏👏

Posted Images

1. Are you starting to feel optimistic about the season yet? 

not really, i was optomistic we, finish higher than last season at the beginning but i lost hope a month back.
2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on? 

both should be in the 11 yes, not necessarilly a midfieldpartnership.
3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A)

expect 5 but 7 or 9 is not being crazy to expect 
4. Who is the better manager out of Warnock and McCarthy? 

Warnock is by far more successful imo but id swap them tommorrow
5. Starting 11 and formation?

4231 for me but we desperately need a new LB option for when bola isnt available 
6. Who scored the 2nd goal against Barnsley, Sol or Crooksy? 

crooks  cos it says so.

i reckon we draw this, beat brum and draw luton , i still havent got ovr the cup defeat of 2008 yet so i have a dislike for cardiff  ,that draw opened up beautifully for us that year and we fluffed our lines completely that day.

18 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

As long as Mick McCarthy doesn't field 5 centre backs (yes, that's been his 'winning' tactic in recent times) then we should give you a game but I can't see anything other than a Boro win in all honesty.

Big Mick will probably get the chop tomorrow regardless of the result.

That's even worse than Tony Pulis playing four CBs in his time at Boro!

Shame it hasn't worked out with Mick - he always comes across as a decent bloke. Any rumours on who might replace him? (We're on the hunt for a new manager ourselves, so it's interesting to hear who's being linked with Cardiff).

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

That's even worse than Tony Pulis playing four CBs in his time at Boro!

Shame it hasn't worked out with Mick - he always comes across as a decent bloke. Any rumours on who might replace him? (We're on the hunt for a new manager ourselves, so it's interesting to hear who's being linked with Cardiff).

Yeah I wish it had worked out with Mick because he's an honest bloke and you can see it pains him to be losing games like this.

But, when you've lost 7 in a row, the worst losing streak since 1933 and your strategy is playing 5 centre backs then you can't expect to stay in the job. We're one spot above relegation, if Derby hadn't been docked points we'd be in the bottom three.

As far as replacement manager rumours are concerned, we know Chris Wilder was in the crowd watching when we played Fulham on Wednesday night and a lot of our fans seem to rate him so I hope it's Wilder and not Pulis or god forbid, Nigel Adkins.

• Like 2

Just popping over to keep an eye on @The Colonel, as we don't normally let him out on his own.

Neil Warnock and Sol Bamba can do no wrong in the eyes of many Bluebirds' supporters and would be welcomed back in some capacity.

Warnock resurrected a damaged club and established a great rapport with our supporters, both in terms of results and what he did within the community.  Many of us will always remember that.

I think your lot have the edge tomorrow, but we hope for a good positive approach from both teams and hopefully Cardiff will kick on from here and give us something to build on for next season.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, TDA said:

Just popping over to keep an eye on @The Colonel, as we don't normally let him out on his own.

Neil Warnock and Sol Bamba can do no wrong in the eyes of many Bluebirds' supporters and would be welcomed back in some capacity.

Warnock resurrected a damaged club and established a great rapport with our supporters, both in terms of results and what he did within the community.  Many of us will always remember that.

I think your lot have the edge tomorrow, but we hope for a good positive approach from both teams and hopefully Cardiff will kick on from here and give us something to build on for next season.

Waheyyy! It's @TDA

Meme Reaction GIF

Good luck Lads, living in Mid Wales myself I'd love to get down and watch the game but unfortunately I can't make the game. So will have to put up with Sky Sports.. hope Garry Monk isn't on the show again.

21 minutes ago, TDA said:

Fancy having him back? We don't mind, we'll let you take him. In fact, just keep him at the ground after tomorrow, would you mind?

25 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Yeah I wish it had worked out with Mick because he's an honest bloke and you can see it pains him to be losing games like this.

But, when you've lost 7 in a row, the worst losing streak since 1933 and your strategy is playing 5 centre backs then you can't expect to stay in the job. We're one spot above relegation, if Derby hadn't been docked points we'd be in the bottom three.

As far as replacement manager rumours are concerned, we know Chris Wilder was in the crowd watching when we played Fulham on Wednesday night and a lot of our fans seem to rate him so I hope it's Wilder and not Pulis or god forbid, Nigel Adkins.

I can't imagine Adkins will manage to fall upwards like that after getting sacked from league 1 Charlton! Think you're safe from that one mate! 😂

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brunners said:

He's still our most creative player at the minute, you can't drop that. If he could figure out the final decision making he'd be a premier league player easily.

how many players would be easy premier league players if they could do this or do that. lists endless. i fear tav might be one of those that never makes it. i hope he does like, but seeing him just blast chances miles off target or dribble into dead ends, shoot from poor positions rather than play simples pass. makes me lose confidence in him. he may just need a break or be going though a bad spell. who knows, i'm a big fan of his i have been for years, just growing a bit frustrated with him.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TDA said:

It's a long way for your fans to travel for a lunchtime kick off in South Wales.  Any idea how many will be coming?

Club have said over 650. Not sure how many exactly. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Club have said over 650. Not sure how many exactly. 

Apart from Swansea and Bournemouth, I can't think of many more difficult trips for you.  Absolutely ridiculous making it such an early kick off, but TV money talks.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)