oneBoro Forum

Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)

20 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Controversial moment, we’ve looked better with Bamba in defence and I’d rather have him there than Fry 👀

I think not having McNair and Howson in midfield together really has made us a bit more dynamic going forward. Obviously Warnocks hand has been forced into playing Payero but maybe just maybe Warnock has accidentally stumbled on a good formula? 

I think Crooks has been superb in CDM as well. Maybe him and Bamba were the heroes we didn’t realise we needed. 

Hard to argue with that.

Only problem is Sol isn't going to be able to play every game...not without wrecking himself anyway. Looked like he tweaked something yesterday, or else had cramp. We will need to bring Fry back to take on some of the work load.

If only he was 5-6 years younger...

Agree its nice to see the new guys starting to bed in and establish themselves in the team. Gives us hope going forward.

• Like 1
  • Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Payero could nutmeg a mermaid

Hey there, thanks for letting me join. 👍 As @Downsouth mentioned, I run the Cardiff City Forum (I'd like to post the link to our match thread so you guys can see what's being said from our POV b

Bit of positive news Ref our fans 👏👏👏

Posted Images

3 hours ago, DocMartin said:

That is just the largest load of bigoted clueless, blinkered, nonsense that I have read on this board….. ever, well done you, and I thought mince could not get thicker.

Without Warnock you’d be moaning about watching Boro v Fleetwood Town et al. People have been brainwashed into thinking he is some sort of destroyer of the beautiful game. Did you watch us under Strachan, Mowbray, Monk, Pulis Woodgate, christ, even parts of our successful time under Karanka? 

A manager is only as good as the recruitment he is allowed to bring in or in some cases has been gifted. 12 new players were brought in and the squad is still paper thin in some areas. 6 of them were free’s and 3 loans too, ie 9 players who’s clubs did not want them. He has had to experiment to find the right blend, football teams are not instantly made, it is a tad more complex than making gravy from water and some granules. 

We are seeing Payero look like the player he is because Warnock allowed him to settle in, gave him time to get used to new surroundings, the language, culture change. The kid is 7,000 miles from home. His girfriend has just joined him, he is starting to settle. Warnock is coping with the worst defensive crisis in the football league and getting results from a team you, me and everyone on here would have winced at at the start of the season. Warnock is getting results and the interview with Sporar showed how together the squad is thanks to Warnock and his staff. We have won 4 out of the last 5, yes they were against teams below us, but those teams have traditionally been our banana skins in the recent past. We are a team in form and some fans are so  myopic, they’d roll the dice and risk everything that has been built by him, we are 6th on merit, unlike Woodgate I believe the table does not lie. Yes it is all very tight and we need to ride our luck, but changing the manager would be like putting a 24 yr old in charge of the armoury on a film set.

Supporters should be grateful we have him right now. I suppose if you managed to get him out at least the experienced McCarthy is available….. some people need to be careful what they wish for.

I don't know why you don't get off that fence and tell it as it is Doc

• Haha 4
17 hours ago, The Colonel said:

Well done today lads. Bamba man of the match is the icing on the cake today. Mick McCarthy is out and our U23s manager takes the helm while we look for a new permanent manager.

Up into 6th then, you still want rid of Warnock?

Remove you peepers from our manager TC right now

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

I was one of those who slated the club for bringing an "over the hill" player in.

In fairness, there aren't many guys his age who could put in the performances he's done.

Currently on my second helping of humble pie... 😉

Just discovered the origins of humble pie ...  to quote the priest in Blazing Saddles "Son, you're on your own" 🙂

15 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Ah its brilliant. Love this league myself. 

I don't want to end up in any Play offs....There's more than 30 games before then I predict we will make top two

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Many Cardiff City supporters believe they're in the mess they're in BECAUSE of Warnock, signing aging players with no resale value on big contracts and leaving them with no money when he left.

Luckily this shouldn't happen to us thanks to Kieran Scott's role and our dual transfer policy of bringing in experienced players and younger players for the future.

Like I said I'm fine with him in charge until the end of the season. Hell we may even get promoted under him, it wouldn't surprise me given his record.

I certainly don't want him in charge next season though, regardless of what league we're in.

Personally I think he will get us promoted then Retire

1 hour ago, pikerman said:

Morning Mr Warnock thank you for your defence (of yourself). Thought your team did you proud yesterday has our new DOF had a quiet word in your ear about playing the new signings and reeling in the rhetoric with the officials as you were much improved yesterday. Possibly the consequences of not towing the company line over transfer policy we’re made clear, anyway enjoy your Sunday 

We don’t have a Director of Football at the club, but I am guessing from your response that detail is not an important thing to you. I will assume you are referring to Scotty though. He is settling in nicely, just like the new player signings are beginning to. I guess you’d have thrown a young Argentinian kid 7,000 miles from home and family, used to a slower pace of football, unable to speak the language, in at the deep end. The kid will be a valuable asset, you don’t want to break it before you get the best out of it. He’s more settled now though now his girlfriend is over and is adapting much better to the pace of the Championship. 

Nobody has had a word with me to tell me how to man manage a set of football players (lucky for them they haven’t too). Scotty did tell me everyone in the camp is really happy and bonded as a group, I shipped the sour apples out, but then you will know that, being the sage you are. 

I haven’t needed to point out the flaws in the refs in recent games as they have largely been ok and given results, there was no point. Yesterdays ref owed us one after wrongly sending of Morsy last season tbf. . If you think I should congratulate them for their errors that impact us then I might have to give that a rain check. 

Thanks for the compliments regarding the improvements you’re seeing though, the lads did themselves proud mostly, but it shows they have taken on board my musings, although Tav (important as he is) needs to realise it’s a team game at times and continuing to shoot when others are better placed, will earn him a fine before long.

Anyway, as we say in Sheffield, sit thee sen darn, stop tha bletherin and shut yer cake oyle and watch us show thee ow ta fettle things proper, appen tha’s ‘ll be chuffed come May 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, DocMartin said:

That is just the largest load of bigoted clueless, blinkered, nonsense that I have read on this board….. ever, well done you, and I thought mince could not get thicker.

Without Warnock you’d be moaning about watching Boro v Fleetwood Town et al. People have been brainwashed into thinking he is some sort of destroyer of the beautiful game. Did you watch us under Strachan, Mowbray, Monk, Pulis Woodgate, christ, even parts of our successful time under Karanka? 

A manager is only as good as the recruitment he is allowed to bring in or in some cases has been gifted. 12 new players were brought in and the squad is still paper thin in some areas. 6 of them were free’s and 3 loans too, ie 9 players who’s clubs did not want them. He has had to experiment to find the right blend, football teams are not instantly made, it is a tad more complex than making gravy from water and some granules. 

We are seeing Payero look like the player he is because Warnock allowed him to settle in, gave him time to get used to new surroundings, the language, culture change. The kid is 7,000 miles from home. His girfriend has just joined him, he is starting to settle. Warnock is coping with the worst defensive crisis in the football league and getting results from a team you, me and everyone on here would have winced at at the start of the season. Warnock is getting results and the interview with Sporar showed how together the squad is thanks to Warnock and his staff. We have won 4 out of the last 5, yes they were against teams below us, but those teams have traditionally been our banana skins in the recent past. We are a team in form and some fans are so  myopic, they’d roll the dice and risk everything that has been built by him, we are 6th on merit, unlike Woodgate I believe the table does not lie. Yes it is all very tight and we need to ride our luck, but changing the manager would be like putting a 24 yr old in charge of the armoury on a film set.

Supporters should be grateful we have him right now. I suppose if you managed to get him out at least the experienced McCarthy is available….. some people need to be careful what they wish for.

I’m certainly grateful for him using his experience to help us survive Woodgate’s disastrous spell but in no way am I grateful for the mediocrity he’s served up in his tenure so far this season. 

In the same way I don’t easily call for a managers head, I don’t change my mind easily after a handful of good results against poor opponents. Ive said before, if we have a sustained spell of 5-10 games where performances and results improve then I’ll consider my position.

I think your comparisons to poor performances of past managers is not really relevant, it just shows that we’ve made a couple of bad appointments in succession with little to no thought for our medium-long  term strategy as club. We appear to be putting plans in place with Kieren Scott and Warnock will hopefully be the last of the ill thought out or short term appointments. From what I can make out, the fans are keen to transition into this new period as it gives some hope that we can compete at a higher level over the long term. Warnock doesn’t offer that in any shape or form.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Ah its brilliant. Love this league myself. 

I hate this league. Genuinely. The number of seasons I’ve enjoyed in this league I could count on one hand.

33 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’m certainly grateful for him using his experience to help us survive Woodgate’s disastrous spell but in no way am I grateful for the mediocrity he’s served up in his tenure so far this season. 

In the same way I don’t easily call for a managers head, I don’t change my mind easily after a handful of good results against poor opponents. Ive said before, if we have a sustained spell of 5-10 games where performances and results improve then I’ll consider my position.

I think your comparisons to poor performances of past managers is not really relevant, it just shows that we’ve made a couple of bad appointments in succession with little to no thought for our medium-long  term strategy as club. We appear to be putting plans in place with Kieren Scott and Warnock will hopefully be the last of the ill thought out or short term appointments. From what I can make out, the fans are keen to transition into this new period as it gives some hope that we can compete at a higher level over the long term. Warnock doesn’t offer that in any shape or form.

The key word in your post is ‘appear’, lest we forget:-

1. The Scottish Plan

2. The Local Hero Plan

3. Los Caballeros Del Middlesbrough Plan

4. The Want To Smash The League Plan

5. The Ajax Lite & Golden Thread Plan

Hope is not always enough, of course we need to continually try to move forward and clearly Warnocks age and his personal plans mean that a parting needs to take place soon, but not before May 2022. Some fans want change now which is plain stupid and could undermine or derail whatever the future plan is. Whoever the new Head Coach is needs the summer to settle in, after all, he may still be under contract till then 😉

6 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Well, well I will be expecting an interesting debate now with CT staging a defence against the comments made by DM.

Pages and pages of endless to-ing and froing, retorts, remarks, cross examination should be what we could expect.

Like going to Crown Court the truth will be revealed😑

Not from me. That reply has tickled me 😀

I think sacking him twice might have tipped Doc over the edge 🙃

• Haha 1