Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Payero could nutmeg a mermaid

Hey there, thanks for letting me join. 👍 As @Downsouth mentioned, I run the Cardiff City Forum (I'd like to post the link to our match thread so you guys can see what's being said from our POV b

Bit of positive news Ref our fans 👏👏👏

Posted Images

5 hours ago, DocMartin said:

The key word in your post is ‘appear’, lest we forget:-

1. The Scottish Plan

2. The Local Hero Plan

3. Los Caballeros Del Middlesbrough Plan

4. The Want To Smash The League Plan

5. The Ajax Lite & Golden Thread Plan

Hope is not always enough, of course we need to continually try to move forward and clearly Warnocks age and his personal plans mean that a parting needs to take place soon, but not before May 2022. Some fans want change now which is plain stupid and could undermine or derail whatever the future plan is. Whoever the new Head Coach is needs the summer to settle in, after all, he may still be under contract till then 😉

All those previous appointments were made by Gibson. That’s not to say he won’t have a say in who is hired next, ultimately it’s still his decision. I also know that he’s used football people as sounding boards before…Peter Kenyon, Chris Kamara and Gordon McQueen amongst others but this is the first time he’s hired someone to literally establish a footballing strategy.
 

i agree with what you say about the future strategy. Warnock will probably stay until the end of the season as the new direction we’re planning on heading, will probably be geared up for someone new to start next year. From my perspective it’s a shame that (I believe) were going to waste a lot of the talent we have in the squad this year with Warnock as a stop gap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Humpty said:

All those previous appointments were made by Gibson. That’s not to say he won’t have a say in who is hired next, ultimately it’s still his decision. I also know that he’s used football people as sounding boards before…Peter Kenyon, Chris Kamara and Gordon McQueen amongst others but this is the first time he’s hired someone to literally establish a footballing strategy.
 

i agree with what you say about the future strategy. Warnock will probably stay until the end of the season as the new direction we’re planning on heading, will probably be geared up for someone new to start next year. From my perspective it’s a shame that (I believe) were going to waste a lot of the talent we have in the squad this year with Warnock as a stop gap.

It makes sense from a business perspective to keep Warnock till the end of the season. If we sack him now we will need to bring in a new manager and back room team just to change them again in the summer

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kentucky said:

Tavernier a greedy for himself player or just plain thick, a 50% with the ball some really bad decisions at times, I'd sell him .

All he is missing is experience, just look at the performances of the Premiership players of a similar age this weekend , some had good weekends and they were well regarded, even Rashford and Greenwood were taken off at Old Trafford and nobody is comparing Tavernier’s ability to Rashford’s (as far as I am aware)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HorsehaySmoggie said:

All he is missing is experience, just look at the performances of the Premiership players of a similar age this weekend , some had good weekends and they were well regarded, even Rashford and Greenwood were taken off at Old Trafford and nobody is comparing Tavernier’s ability to Rashford’s (as far as I am aware)

Good to see you posting...................at last!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kentucky said:

Tavernier a greedy for himself player or just plain thick, a 50% with the ball some really bad decisions at times, I'd sell him .

Tav does seen to be the fav bad boy at the moment but that’s possibly because the team has been much more lively  then past game. Tav is a young left winger who contributes a great deal all over the pitch but stands out more for his final decision making. It could be argued being a winger he is programmed to take players on and therefore naturally greedy. Tav being a winger and not a striker  is not expected to score a hat full of goals a season. His distribution and decision making is vital but impeded if there is no outlet for him to do so. That is down to NW tactics.

I have been one of his biggest critics of late but to sell Tav would be a mistake in my eyes. Tav is young and talented and with the right coach will greatly improve, but so would others. I believe coaching at Middlesbrough is not a strong point but I put that down to the manager. If the manger doesn’t convey his style and formation to coach’s what are they coaching.


Then there is the norming and preforming stage when players learn more about each other the longer they play. Where will he be, move to, does he want it at his feet, run on to etc. I mentioned this in early posts as a positive because for the first time in a long time there was evidence of players bellowing at each other when a move went wrong. 

Tav is young he is just starting to ply his trade and get more games under his belt. By memory that would be two seasons? 
I dont believe Tav should be sold but I do think he needs coaching and given assurances, as do others.  

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tav has the skills and speed to be a great footballer, he needs to be coached to the next level. The next level in is in his head and all about making the correct decisions. Those skills are more difficult to achieve than the physicals skills 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Tav just needs a goal or a decent assist and it'll start to click for him. He's a few good decisions away from racking up assists... Probably overthinking these situations instead of playing naturally. Sometimes you just need one to fall your way and then you can do no wrong.

Look what that assist the other game did for Payero's confidence. No way he's taking a touch in the box and burying that bottom corner even 2 weeks ago. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Tav does seen to be the fav bad boy at the moment but that’s possibly because the team has been much more lively  then past game. Tav is a young left winger who contributes a great deal all over the pitch but stands out more for his final decision making. It could be argued being a winger he is programmed to take players on and therefore naturally greedy. Tav being a winger and not a striker  is not expected to score a hat full of goals a season. His distribution and decision making is vital but impeded if there is no outlet for him to do so. That is down to NW tactics.

I have been one of his biggest critics of late but to sell Tav would be a mistake in my eyes. Tav is young and talented and with the right coach will greatly improve, but so would others. I believe coaching at Middlesbrough is not a strong point but I put that down to the manager. If the manger doesn’t convey his style and formation to coach’s what are they coaching.


Then there is the norming and preforming stage when players learn more about each other the longer they play. Where will he be, move to, does he want it at his feet, run on to etc. I mentioned this in early posts as a positive because for the first time in a long time there was evidence of players bellowing at each other when a move went wrong. 

Tav is young he is just starting to ply his trade and get more games under his belt. By memory that would be two seasons? 
I dont believe Tav should be sold but I do think he needs coaching and given assurances, as do others.  

Agreed.

It should be noted that very few of our players have seemed to improve under our last several managers.

Hopefully with a new manager and competent coaching set-up, Tav (and the rest of the squad) will develop both the technical and mental side of their game.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

over the last few seasons Tav has stood out as our most influential player and argueably our prize asset, albeit in a very poor set of alternative choices. i think the difference this season is that hes taken it upon himself to attempt maybe some things that he shouldnt have and they havent come off. selling him would be a serious error imo because deep down hes still the same player just that he needs to be more patient with himself and let his talents develop and stop forcing himself into the playmaker role and letting it pan out more naturally , 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We definately need to keep Tav unless a ridiculous offer comes in from a desperate Prem team. He's young, english, on a long contract and has the right attributes of a good attacking player. I would really like to see him under a manager who employs a more "keep the ball on the ground" philosophy. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Borodane said:

We definately need to keep Tav unless a ridiculous offer comes in from a desperate Prem team. He's young, english, on a long contract and has the right attributes of a good attacking player. I would really like to see him under a manager who employs a more "keep the ball on the ground" philosophy. 

I don't think anyone wants rid of Tav, quite the opposite. The fans are just frustrated because we all know he's capable of better.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Humpty said:

I don't think anyone wants rid of Tav, quite the opposite. The fans are just frustrated because we all know he's capable of better.

Totally agree, just want the lad to explore his options a bit more and to a degree Ikpeazu needs to do the same as he could have had further assists Saturday

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • Yeah I didn't think Gary went after Boro at all. Deluded sheep botherers heard one soundbite in isolation and decided that he did for some reason.  He was more asking how as a football community have we got into this situation... How has someone like Morris been allowed to do this. And how can we stop it happening again? 
    • I’m surprised that they still allowed tickets to be sold without announcing some form of checks for this match. It’s not like it wasn’t going to be popular....
    • I think Gary Neville's statement was really good. I thought he spoke with balance and ultimately aimed the questions at the right people, really. It's the view of football in this country and how we manage that situation. He said clubs should be like listed buildings and in one respect I agree as the culture and history of football is huge in this country. But also, you can't afford the government to look out for them when they're also ran by massive risk-taking owners. Which is why we have a Fit & Proper test and FFP and all those things, to try and protect the clubs from the people who run them. But whilst those things only provide an obstacle that these bell ends can overcome, you aren't really protecting anything. And whilst football clubs are like other businesses, that legitimises our claim because Derby have been run like a regular business, not like a club that cares about staying alive. And when the crap hits the fan, they want all the protection in the world, they want MPs to stand up for them, they want local media to challenge us because we're being ***, they only want to pay 25% of their deferred bloody tax. Whilst that's the situation, we should treat them like a regular business. If they want to be treat as part of the football family, they should have acted like a part of it to begin with.
    • So by your logic are you saying certain managers don't deserve credit for certain achievements because other managers of similar ilk could POSSIBLY do the same thing?
    • tbf Gary didn't belittle the claim, he said if football is a family then the clubs would drop it, even if the claims are legitamite. He also then pointed the finger back at Mel and the administrators. It was clear he was generalising and didn't have the full facts, but he was basing his responce on what happened to Bury. However, that was a much milder screw up than Derby, so not a like for like comparison

×
×
  • Create New...