oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

I do love our transfer rumours now they are alot more out the box and more well planned. I think we have moved to viewing player recuritment as an investment the cost isn't nattering as much. 

Edited by DurhamRed
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Yes, I know its only October!

But I found this:

https://www.torcedores.com/noticias/2021/10/lateral-do-internacional-entra-na-mira-de-clubes-da-inglaterra-e-italia

We are apparently monitoring Heitor, a 20 year old full back from Internatcional.

'The biggest enthusiast for the hiring is coach Neil Warnock who has been following the young man's career.'

*** off honestly 🤣

I think we are nailed on to buy a right back for 5 million Euros in January.  

• Haha 6
Just now, Changing Times said:

'The biggest enthusiast for the hiring is coach Neil Warnock who has been following the young man's career.'

*** off honestly 🤣

I think we are nailed on to buy a right back for 5 million Euros in January.  

I would have had the same outlook if someone had told us in May we'd be signing an Argentinean prospect for 6 mil. Stranger things have happened 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I would have had the same outlook if someone had told us in May we'd be signing an Argentinean prospect for 6 mil. Stranger things have happened 🤷‍♂️

And I'd point out that Warnock knew nowt at all about him before he was told about him, the same goes for this lad as well.

Hey, if we've got 5m to spend on another right back to go with all of the right backs we already have then great stuff.  Me, I'd use it on a midfielder probably, maybe even another left back but 20 year old right backs from Brazil do make a lot of sense for us right now 🤔

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

And I'd point out that Warnock knew nowt at all about him before he was told about him, the same goes for this lad as well.

Hey, if we've got 5m to spend on another right back to go with all of the right backs we already have then great stuff.  Me, I'd use it on a midfielder probably, maybe even another left back but 20 year old right backs from Brazil do make a lot of sense for us right now 🤔

Yeah fair, I'm sure it would be Scott going after this lad if this story is genuine. Can't imagine Warnock is an avid follower of Brazilian youth football. 🤣

Still, could be some truth to it even if they've added a load of *** about Warnock. If we sold Spence on in the summer this lad might be seen as an investment that we could turn into a profit in future. That would seem to be the model Scott would work towards anyway.

21 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Yeah fair, I'm sure it would be Scott going after this lad if this story is genuine. Can't imagine Warnock is an avid follower of Brazilian youth football. 🤣

Still, could be some truth to it even if they've added a load of *** about Warnock. If we sold Spence on in the summer this lad might be seen as an investment that we could turn into a profit in future. That would seem to be the model Scott would work towards anyway.

We'd need to sell Spence first though, and he's rubbish!!

• Haha 2

Is asking wtf is going on with Sammy Ameobi appropriate on this transfer thread given he still essentially a new signing?

The last update we had from NW about 6 weeks ago was along the lines of “nobody in the medical world can tell us what is wrong with him but its his knee but not the bad knee. Its the other knee”.

To quote @Changing Times “*** off”.

I refuse to believe that the club still does not know whats wrong with him 4 months on. There is something going on there which the club are just refusing to tell us about in my view.

• Like 1
Just now, TLF10 said:

Is asking wtf is going on with Sammy Ameobi appropriate on this transfer thread given he still essentially a new signing?

The last update we had from NW about 6 weeks ago was along the lines of “nobody in the medical world can tell us what is wrong with him but its his knee but not the bad knee. Its the other knee”.

I refuse to believe that the club still does not know whats wrong with him 4 months on. There is something going on there which the club are just refusing to tell us about in my view.

One of the world's great mysteries that one.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I don’t think there is anything in particular going on. My guess is that he is just completely crocked and will not play for us ever

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I don’t think there is anything in particular going on. My guess is that he is just completely crocked and will not play for us ever

He is being prepared as our new manager next season? 😄

Maybe what's happened is the Ameobi Experiment.  We signed him and then tried to make him invisible to opposition players.  Something went wrong with the experiment however, and whilst to anyone looking on we did indeed make him disappear, he is not actually invisible, but has in fact travelled through time to the year 1984.  Or, he has a dicky knee.  Could be either 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe what's happened is the Ameobi Experiment.  We signed him and then tried to make him invisible to opposition players.  Something went wrong with the experiment however, and whilst to anyone looking on we did indeed make him disappear, he is not actually invisible, but has in fact travelled through time to the year 1984.  Or, he has a dicky knee.  Could be either 🤷‍♂️

Or as someone who allegedly loved his particularly young fresh Oats so much he was actually named after them once said "I am just going outside and may be some time." 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic