oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Cant really see any point in January signings unless we get horrific injuries or sack Warnock between now and then. We aren't going up or down, just wasting a season with Warnock. The squad is actually pretty strong in just about all areas especially given Howson and Peltier have shown they can "do a job" for this season.

Keep the money (if there is any) until the summer. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Jeez, we already have a young promising right back. Unless of course Scott has deemed him not good enough. I think I’d rather spend that kind of money on a central defender to play alongside Fry. Hall isnt good enough, Bamba will be gone come the summer and McNair isn’t really a defender. Get a promising defender in and have him blend in over the second part of the season. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Jeez, we already have a young promising right back. Unless of course Scott has deemed him not good enough. I think I’d rather spend that kind of money on a central defender to play alongside Fry. Hall isnt good enough, Bamba will be gone come the summer and McNair isn’t really a defender. Get a promising defender in and have him blend in over the second part of the season. 

Says who?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Maybe the plan is to try and play Dijksteel at CB. Strong, quick and good on the ball. I don’t recall seeing him at CB in a back 4 before but we all know how capable he is in a 3. 

• Like 1

Ameobi was abducted by short sighted aliens who saw a sign for Billingham Bottoms and jumped to the wrong conclusion. Didn't respond to probing questions and misunderstanding resulted. Although I can't be certain of it, I have been told by a couple of "people that know people" that he is worried it could be something that finishes his career, I have also been told that "more to it than people know", which could mean anything. For his own sake, I hope it is something that can be sorted as on his day, he can be very, very good, but sounds like it won't be soon. If we are going to follow the sign cheap and sell on route, then positions don't come into it and only the profit matters and NW won't worry about nationalities, he knows a lot of agents and I am sure that would be how he came across Sala. Sure that we will get a few surprises, but if some of them turn out OK, that will do me, main thing is doing very thorough medicals instead of "turn your head and cough" 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Says who?

Me. Maybe he will be around the club but he’ll be 37 so won’t regarded as a first team starter. I appreciate he is in fine form at the moment but that doesn’t change my opinion that we could do with a younger and better starter alongside Fry. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

What! that time already? Talk about wishing your life away!🤪

Shamefully early I know but it felt dirty putting a January rumour in the summer thread!

My priority in January would be to get an upgrade striker partner for Sporar on loan. Someone like a Dwight Gayle who won’t play for a Prem team but is too good for the Championship

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Cant really see any point in January signings unless we get horrific injuries or sack Warnock between now and then. We aren't going up or down, just wasting a season with Warnock. The squad is actually pretty strong in just about all areas especially given Howson and Peltier have shown they can "do a job" for this season.

I fully agree stay with what we have. There is no point bring players in and trying to settle before the season ends and NW should be gone before the start of the next. The team is. now showing some sign of gelling so give it sometime. The only thing for me is Bamba at 37 years old, tremendous contributions but there were clear signs of fatigue and we need back up. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we're still there in January, but we're currently in 6th, I wouldn't blame the club whatsoever for giving it a go if we're still there when the transfer window opens.

If there's a half decent left back available, we should be bringing them in whatever our league position.

• Like 1

I’m going to trust our new recruitment department. They’ve done pretty well this summer, hopefully JLS will get a chance to show what he can do as well. If they’ve identified a good RB, they must think we need one. I love Djiksteel but he’s injured a lot, we need strength in depth. I’m sure a CB is also on the shopping list. Exciting times! 

Surprised people saying we don't need any reinforcements in Jan / prioritising the attack positions. For me the absolute priority is a new left back as competition/cover for Bola who cant shake off his injury and is regularly missing games this season / playing through the pain barrier.

If we're going down the young South American route as the long-term plan, then surely the best time to get them in is January. 

As long as they're not seen as immediate first teamers, then it gives them time to acclimatise to a new country and adapt to a new style of football by bringing them on slowly, then they'll be up and running next season and there won't be a palaver like the start of this season with points dropped that really shouldn't have been.

Not that I think we'd be paying 10m euros for him like.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic