oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

We probably don't need that much in January if injured players come back.

Another striker and no.10 would be ideal.

A full back would be nice but not essential if Bola and Djiksteel come back.

Depending on how Lea Siliki does would depend on whether we need another CM. I think Lea Siliki will come good, personally.

• Like 1

I’m surprised we’re dipping into the RB market with Dijksteele, Howson, Spence AND Fisher all being able to play there. 

Id say Forest are ready to buy Spence for at least a couple of mil which will then fund our pursuit of a better RB? 

• Like 1

Unless we can make some very savvy under-the-radar moves, I'm not sure what we can really get in January without overspending. 

If we can get our squad fit I don't think we're crying out for much in the window. We've just got an entire (and pretty good) defence back out on the grass: Dijk-Fry-Hall-Bola

Browne is back soon too. He's only 23 and will hopefully bounce back well from his injury - if he can then he'll be a great addition to our squad. If JLS sorts himself out too then we're actually pretty well stocked in every position. 

• Like 1

Personally I would be looking to sign Liam Gordon from Bolton as cover for Bola in left back. He's got some pace and quite a big lad for a full back. He's looked comfortable and assured on the ball and has looked decent going forward and defending from the few times I've seen him this season. Doubt he would cost much.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:28 PM, Smogzilla said:

Yes, I know its only October!

But I found this:

https://www.torcedores.com/noticias/2021/10/lateral-do-internacional-entra-na-mira-de-clubes-da-inglaterra-e-italia

We are apparently monitoring Heitor, a 20 year old full back from Internatcional.

Surname isn't Karanka by any chance? 😁

On 10/25/2021 at 10:51 PM, Changing Times said:

Maybe what's happened is the Ameobi Experiment.  We signed him and then tried to make him invisible to opposition players.  Something went wrong with the experiment however, and whilst to anyone looking on we did indeed make him disappear, he is not actually invisible, but has in fact travelled through time to the year 1984.  Or, he has a dicky knee.  Could be either 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like Warnock is gonna have to get the team bus fitted with a flux capacitor and go...

CrockFuture.PNG.973c15901ea06943c70e49ac9fcee73e.PNG

On 10/26/2021 at 8:00 AM, Dan1234 said:

Cant really see any point in January signings unless we get horrific injuries or sack Warnock between now and then. We aren't going up or down, just wasting a season with Warnock. The squad is actually pretty strong in just about all areas especially given Howson and Peltier have shown they can "do a job" for this season.

Keep the money (if there is any) until the summer. 

Well if the Tweet Brunners posted has any truth to it and we already have Warnock's replacement lined up (or even signed) it may be feasible to bring a few new faces in, if they fit the "Masterplan".

Warnock (probably) won't be sacked unless we get dragged into a relegation battle, so it would just be a continuation of bringing in players with an eye on next season.

I'm just hoping we get some cover for Bola so that we can play with 4 at the back if the manager fancies it. 3 at the back won't always be the best option.

On the whole though I'd agree. Besides the left-back position, we don't have any glaring deficiencies and I can't see any real need to make new signings, unless they are in the Payero / Lea Siliki / Sporar category (i.e. for the new regime).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TheJew said:

We probably don't need that much in January if injured players come back.

Another striker and no.10 would be ideal.

A full back would be nice but not essential if Bola and Djiksteel come back.

Depending on how Lea Siliki does would depend on whether we need another CM. I think Lea Siliki will come good, personally.

yes he looks a good player, but it was so obvious that he was forced to rush in his play compared to what he was used to. causing him to give the ball away stupidly. zero time to adjust. needed a bit of time off the bench etc until he gets used to the intensity in training and then real games. payero was the same. but we got fed up of him not getting more minutes. because we were playing *** lol

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic