oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

19 hours ago, TLF10 said:

NW confirmed in Jan he wants a big physical striker alongside Uche and Sporar.

I can confirm that I couldn't give a toss what he wants right now. Our problem on Saturday certainly wasn't the lack of a big physical striker up front. And if it was, we had Coburn on the bench and to be honest, I thought when I saw him live against Peterborough that he looked exactly like what Warnock would want. He looks physically more ready for the first-team than he did last year.

Still, I think he should focus on getting us within touching distance of promotion before making demands for what he needs to take us through to the end. Those 3 wins earned him some good will back, clearly. But we're still not comfortably in the picture or standing out. There's 6 points between 5th and 19th as things stand at 15 games and we're bang in the middle of that.

There's another 10 games between now and January where the point at which getting a single result is going to make less of a difference and it's all about putting a run together for the teams lower down. Quite like our recent run has shown us, we will be much better off with this manager being in the more positive position batting off opposition than we will be chasing it. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

He shouldn't be allowed any where near the recruitment in January with him going at the end of this season. Let the club bring in who they want and if you don't like it *** off infact go now please 

Yeah don't believe everything he says. One of the compromises i heard was that the January recruitment was going to be lead and signed off by Scott and not Warnock, if there actually is any incoming/outgoings that is.

Similar happened in the summer with certain signings even though scott didn't "officially" start until September

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 7
31 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah dont believe everything he says. One of the compromises i heard was that the January recruitment was going to be lead and signed off by Scott and not Warnock, if there actually is any incoming/outgoings that is.

Similair happened in the summer with certain singings even though scott didnt "officially" start until September

That’s very good to hear 

4 hours ago, Humpty said:

Kieron Scott and Warnock both advocates of only making judgements on players when they’ve watched them live. That’s not going to go down well with certain elements of OneBoro…👀

Pfff, fancypants. I can spot any decent wonderkid on Football Manager and I don't even have to see footage.

1 hour ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

NW should not be allowed to have the majority say so in ANY transfers going forward.  

In around 6-7 months he is gone!  Please do not let him leave us with a total s**t show

Indeed we want more JLS’ and less Crooks

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Do we?

Crooks has been really good for us, Lea Siliki has done very little and apparently still isn't up to speed.

The Crooks comment in particular makes me think maybe it was a joke. Crooks has been pretty good and Lea-Siliki once again didn't look like he knew how to kick a ball on Saturday when he came on. It was an odd substitution in how it changed our shape and who we took off to do it.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, DevKWat said:

“And I don’t just want foreign targets, I want English targets as well, or Great British.”

Warnock in the latest Gazette article. Absolutely unbelievable.

This is the second time he’s mentioned “foreigners”. It makes me so angry and I really think it reflects poorly on the club. Payero looks a good signing, Sporar has started every match since he came. JLS needs a chance but highly rated. What’s not to like? Would any other manager make comments like this? 
His other comments were also a bit passive aggressive - 3 FT members of the recruitment team plus Scott. I thought he was supposed to have agreed compromises to stay? I’d have thought one of those would be to stop criticising the future plans. 

15 hours ago, Changing Times said:

To be fair, Warnock spoke highly of JLS when we were trying to get the deal done.  Said he'd spoken to his contacts in France and they'd said a lot of good things about him 🤷‍♂️

All we have to do is for Warnock to run out of excuses so he can throw JLS under the bus in public. #neverwarnocksfault

To be honest, I don't think he is much different from most other managers in that respect. I rarely see interviews where somebody stands of front of a camera and says "We got beat by a better team" or "We were never in it". Certain red-nosed types regularly blamed referees, pitches and poor conditions for defeats, despite it being obvious that in many cases, that other teams had just tried harder. He doesn't throw people under the bus as quickly as we seem to, even when they are pretty obviously not cutting it. Apart from Chuba, can't think of anyone who got it constantly, and even then it took quite a while. Personally I am not bothered if our manager is 35 or 75 as long as we are competitive. Bielsa is only a few years younger and whilst his teams are great to watch on good days, they are going to get hammered regularly on other occasions because he doesn't have a Plan B, but nobody calls him a dinosaur because of that. I really understand that Warnock is not everybody's cup of tea and I am probably at the time of life where I am more sensitive to it, but the casual ageism that has crept into posts is really no different from racism or sexism but seemingly more acceptable as a stereotype. Might be just the way people are now that some people need to fix a label on things, but still think we could do better. The worrying thing for me about the team at the moment is that they seem to just accept things too easily and simply don't look bothered when they are up against it. I am used to shouters and finger-pointers and there seems to be more just shrugging their shoulders. Probably too long a post, but I needed to bore somebody and you lot will do. 🙂    

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

To be honest, I don't think he is much different from most other managers in that respect. I rarely see interviews where somebody stands of front of a camera and says "We got beat by a better team" or "We were never in it". Certain red-nosed types regularly blamed referees, pitches and poor conditions for defeats, despite it being obvious that in many cases, that other teams had just tried harder. He doesn't throw people under the bus as quickly as we seem to, even when they are pretty obviously not cutting it. Apart from Chuba, can't think of anyone who got it constantly, and even then it took quite a while. Personally I am not bothered if our manager is 35 or 75 as long as we are competitive. Bielsa is only a few years younger and whilst his teams are great to watch on good days, they are going to get hammered regularly on other occasions because he doesn't have a Plan B, but nobody calls him a dinosaur because of that. I really understand that Warnock is not everybody's cup of tea and I am probably at the time of life where I am more sensitive to it, but the casual ageism that has crept into posts is really no different from racism or sexism but seemingly more acceptable as a stereotype. Might be just the way people are now that some people need to fix a label on things, but still think we could do better. The worrying thing for me about the team at the moment is that they seem to just accept things too easily and simply don't look bothered when they are up against it. I am used to shouters and finger-pointers and there seems to be more just shrugging their shoulders. Probably too long a post, but I needed to bore somebody and you lot will do. 🙂   

People don't call Warnock a dinosaur because of his age, they call him it because his preferred tactics have been around for YEARS and are largely ineffective in the modern era.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

People don't call Warnock a dinosaur because of his age, they call him it because his preferred tactics have been around for YEARS and are largely ineffective in the modern era.

I agree on the latter point..  but maybe some could be clearer in the way they express it. Either way, I have had my whinge and hopefully there will be some Corgi races on during the international break 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic