oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Hall would be my guess.

I guess if there’s a bloodbath there is going to be another massive rebuild.

I can only see a few players leaving. A couple of goalkeepers, Uche perhaps, Lea Siliki. We need more in and don't have many to move on. 

17 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I can only see a few players leaving. A couple of goalkeepers, Uche perhaps, Lea Siliki. We need more in and don't have many to move on. 

probably try to swap Hall for Basham as a squad place, not club.

leaving Bamba and Fry competing for the central role

I can also see the young kid Toyosi Olusanya leaving the club. He seems to be doing ok for u23 so maybe a loan. Somewhere like Hartlepool for 6 months would bot be the worst move.

Albeit no disrespect to him but he never been someone I seen as part of first team squad despite making the bench a fair few times

• Like 2
7 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I can also see the young kid Toyosi Olusanya leaving the club. He seems to be doing ok for u23 so maybe a loan. Somewhere like Hartlepool for 6 months would bot be the worst move.

Albeit no disrespect to him but he never been someone I seen as part of first team squad despite making the bench a fair few times

Yeah, he seems like a very likely candidate to move on.

I think it's very telling that Warnock barely used him despite him being one of the signings Warnock had massive part in happening.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hicktonpen10 said:

Would be very surprised if Akpom featured this season.  Not nearly good enough.

You can’t totally rule a player out after a spell under 1 coach. I’ll remind you that Lucas Nmecha is now in the German national team.. he was worse than Akpom when he was here

If Chris is to build a sustainable team capable he has to get rid of players that are not seen as long term investments and or contributing. Stop gap players or relief workers need to be moved on in favour of building a culture. 
I’ll go along with what has been posted because I believe a long over due cull is about to happen. 

I suppose it depends on your definition of cull. Ikpeazu, Spence, Hall and possibly Olusanya out the door would be my guess. I’m not sure that’s wholesale changes, but more opening up space in the squad quota.

59 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

You can’t totally rule a player out after a spell under 1 coach. I’ll remind you that Lucas Nmecha is now in the German national team.. he was worse than Akpom when he was here

Akpom is 26 years old now and has never really done it anywhere. Whilst Nmecha was really bad for us, he was like 19 years old. 

I do get what you are saying as Pulis had Gnabry at WBA and look at what happened to him but I don't think Akpom is going to come back from Greek league and light it up under any manager in this league. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic