oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I like the idea that we have three senior goalkeepers, another few younger prospects, and we need to bring a new goalkeeper in on loan 🙂

Honestly it's got its logic I suppose. Brynn, James or Hemming could be our GK of the future, but Brynn & Hemming are both doing really well on loan, so it's probably worth letting them continue their good form for the rest of the year up in Scotland. As for Brad James, is he even back from his elbow problem yet? Haven't actually heard anything about him all season.

If Wilder doesn't like any of the 3 senior GKs we have, getting in a young loan GK till the summer when he can properly assess our three youngsters isn't the worst thing in the world. 

Personally believe Sol Brynn will be our number one next year, just something about him I really like.

44 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Based on what?

I cant write him off because ive not seen enough of him, I dont even know if he is actually a footballer or not!

Based on his history playing in the top tier of France, rather than his disjointed first half a season with us. Whether it's adapting to the new league, the being away all the time due to internationals, home sickness or simply couldn't do what NW wanted, it's difficult to say, but his history playing for Rennes suggests he can succeed in this league.

16 minutes ago, Hicktonpen10 said:

Agreed.  He has shown nothing so far to base any opinion on.

you're allowed to base an expectation on his history, so my expectation is he will be better than he's shown so far based on his history in France.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

you're allowed to base an expectation on his history, so my expectation is he will be better than he's shown so far based on his history in France.

Ive tried telling the Mrs the same thing and she strongly disagrees.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I wasn't being critical of him I was just stating a fact that he hasn't featured yet but your right his history is a relevant consideration

At some point I'd like to see a manager come in and improve the players he's got, I'd like to see some signs that he can develop a style of play without needing to sign 15 players. 

Karanka did it and when he showed that he was able to mould a team with a good shape and pattern of play THEN he was backed in the transfer market.

I don't like this idea that a new manager comes in and immediately has to rebuild, the general consensus on here was that this squad was capable of playing more attractive football and it was underachieving. Now it needs massively changing? 

Its the same with every appointment revolution rather than evolution and that's what everyone has been complaining about. Let's see if Wilder can find a way to get the best out of players like Tav, Watmore, Hernandez and Sporar there's a bit of flair there.

Alright add a couple of players to it fair enough but I don't see the sense of ripping everything up. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Duvel said:

At some point I'd like to see a manager come in and improve the players he's got, I'd like to see some signs that he can develop a style of play without needing to sign 15 players. 

Karanka did it and when he showed that he was able to mould a team with a good shape and pattern of play THEN he was backed in the transfer market.

I don't like this idea that a new manager comes in and immediately has to rebuild, the general consensus on here was that this squad was capable of playing more attractive football and it was underachieving. Now it needs massively changing? 

Its the same with every appointment revolution rather than evolution and that's what everyone has been complaining about. Let's see if Wilder can find a way to get the best out of players like Tav, Watmore, Hernandez and Sporar there's a bit of flair there.

Alright add a couple of players to it fair enough but I don't see the sense of ripping everything up. 

Karanka signed 9 players in the winter of the season he took over from Mowbray.

Edited by TeaCider24
22 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Karanka signed 9 players in the winter of the season he took over from Mowbray.

Is that right? I remember him getting a few players on loan but don't remember a load of changes. 

13 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Is that right? I remember him getting a few players on loan but don't remember a load of changes. 

Woops, 7 actually, I counted loans to permanents twice by mistake.

Ayala (technically Karanka but that's more on Mowbray), Tomlin, Chalobah, Omeruo, Graham, Meijas, Given.

But the point stands.

Edited by TeaCider24
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Woops, 7 actually, I counted loans to permanents twice by mistake.

Ayala (technically Karanka) but that's more on Mowbray), Tomlin, Chalobah, Omeruo, Graham, Meijas, Given.

But the point stands.

6 then and 5 of them were on loan! Ayala was definitely signed by Mowbray. More than I thought actually, do you know how many players left the club during that spell? 

17 minutes ago, Duvel said:

6 then and 5 of them were on loan! Ayala was definitely signed by Mowbray. More than I thought actually, do you know how many players left the club during that spell? 

13, I think, but I'm counting at the match, though some were youth and goalkeepers. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Middlesbrough_F.C._season

It has all the transfers and dates in this article.

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Agree with this 100%

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic