oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Shame on Pulis then but it doesn't surprise me, he's the sort of bloke that would still have the players eating steak before a game. 

I just thought labelling the department as primary school level was a bit harsh unless someone knew something that I don't. 

ray parlour was on talk sport other week. he mentioned at arsenal on game day the club provided their meals etc. they just had to turn up and get sorted. but at boro they had to sort their own dinner etc. arsenal far more professionally ran than us back then. but currently you hear warnock talking about lads not eating right and staying up late blah blah. makes us sound very armature, its embarrassing. in this day and age we just leave players look after themselves. i mean ffs they are our assets we should be setting rules and monitoring sleep and nutrition through apps etc. they are professional athletes these days. they need loads of support looking after their bodies by professionally trained nutritionists and sports scientists the works. if we are not doing that then people should be sacked. if i won the euro's and bought the club (lolz) and found our how *** we were i'd have a clear out behind the scenes like.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Makes sense in as much as it would take him a while to get up to speed after such a long injury, but I'll be disappointed for him if he nevers features for us this season after all that rehab.

Same. I suspect he'll want to go out and play but I'd prefer us to keep him here and try to reintroduce him on our terms, rather than trust another club to manage it. Think Wilder could get something out of him, either in one of the two more advanced midfield roles or as a forward.

28 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

if i won the euro's and bought the club (lolz) and found our how *** we were i'd have a clear out behind the scenes like.

It's not just us, though. When I watch Sunderland Til I Die, I'm astonished at the lack of joined-up thinking in terms of transfers, player wellbeing and even infrastructure investment. It's as if one hand doesn't know what the other hand's doing.

You're right that MFC should be far more professional, but we're not alone in being amateurish in many aspects, and I'm not sure Wilder has been trusted with the remit to improve diet/sleep monitoring/provision of smart wearables, etc.

4 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

It's not just us, though. When I watch Sunderland Til I Die, I'm astonished at the lack of joined-up thinking in terms of transfers, player wellbeing and even infrastructure investment. It's as if one hand doesn't know what the other hand's doing.

You're right that MFC should be far more professional, but we're not alone in being amateurish in many aspects, and I'm not sure Wilder has been trusted with the remit to improve diet/sleep monitoring/provision of smart wearables, etc.

That should be Scotts job, really, as head of football.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

you hear warnock talking about lads not eating right and staying up late blah blah. makes us sound very armature, its embarrassing. in this day and age we just leave players look after themselves. i mean ffs they are our assets we should be setting rules and monitoring sleep and nutrition through apps etc. they are professional athletes these days. they need loads of support looking after their bodies by professionally trained nutritionists and sports scientists the works.

I don't take much notice of what Warnock says to be honest, he'll say anything to crucify people if it makes himself look better. 

At our level I'd be absolutely amazed if we don't have top level sports scientists, nutritionists, psychologists etc. 

And as a club I think there's only so much you can do, once the players are at home you can't make them eat pasta and go to bed at 9pm. Obviously it should be managed but if its not then I'd be very surprised.  

6 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I still remember that bloody cryo-chamber that Sunderland had, that nobody but the chief exec ever used, absolutely mad. It's amazing how blind-sighted a business can become when they've got more money than sense.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I still remember that bloody cryo-chamber that Sunderland had, that nobody but the chief exec ever used, absolutely mad. It's amazing how blind-sighted a business can become when they've got more money than sense.

That was epic. His back was hurting though. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Duvel said:

I didn't know that, so its more an area that is understaffed then rather than incompetent? 

Possibly unfair of me, I was meaning that they weren't at the level you would expect of a professional sports team in the year 2021. We have just been seeming a bit amateurish in that department for years, but yes understaffed and under-utilised is probably fairer. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

We have just been seeming a bit amateurish in that department for years,

Honestly I might be totally naive but I've never heard of this until today, has it been reported in the press, or is it something you need to be ITK to be be aware of?  

We've all criticised the club for recruitment as it has looked poor from the outside looking in but I wasn't aware of an amateurish sports science department.

I'm not trying to have an argument I've just never heard this before. 

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I thought we won some kind of award a few years ago?  Might have been medical rather than sports science, mind.

I think we won a medical award of some description during Karankas time, that does ring a bell

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic