oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

I thought it very significant that Joe Gibson went with the first team on Saturday.

If,  as some seem to think,  Djed does not want to return then "bingo"  the competition for Isiah jones could be Joe Gibson.  He's been very highly thought of for a while now and if Forest have any money we get a financial gain too.  

J Gibson right wing back for the cup tie ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rishworthian said:

I thought it very significant that Joe Gibson went with the first team on Saturday.

If,  as some seem to think,  Djed does not want to return then "bingo"  the competition for Isiah jones could be Joe Gibson.  He's been very highly thought of for a while now and if Forest have any money we get a financial gain too.  

J Gibson right wing back for the cup tie ?

Is our chairman trying to get all his nephews to go through the Boro academy? 

• Confused 1

As far as I am aware he is not part of the "gibson" family.  

For as long as I can remember he has played on the right and started as an attack minder right back who has moved up and down the right side of the team.  Wing back is probably the best description of his talents being used to the best advantage.

He has recently captained the u 23s and there is a fantastic goal he scored in a recent match which might be worht having a look for

keep an eye on Joe and as I said he may be the ideal Djed replacement if Djed does not want to return and he's one of our own

• Thanks 1

I can’t blame Spence for wanting to stay at Forest. For whatever reasons, it wasn’t working at Boro under Warnock and he got a chance to get regular football at Forest. He has made the position his own there and is getting plenty of praise, so to swap that for coming back and having to fight for a place against Jones, under a manager he doesn’t know and he, for all he knows might no5 play him much doesn’t sound very appealing.

he has 18 months left on contract, so even if Forest aren’t willing to pay out for him, it isn’t the end of the world. A good second half of the season at Forest and his value will only increase. We can take a view whether to sell him in the summer, or whether he is worth more to us for a promotion push next year. 

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Strange how we haven't had any speculation regarding transfers. Usually a lot of that pops up when a new manager arrives at a club.

Especially one who said he will have new players signed by Mansfield 

The ideal situation for me would be a Prem club signs him in January and loans him back to us. 

Then we'd get decent money for him while his stock is high, we get cover for Jones at RWB, we weaken a play-off rival, and if Djed does start to sulk and cause problems then we can terminate his loan and he can go sit in the stands of his new club for a few months.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Hendrie_7 said:

The ideal situation for me would be a Prem club signs him in January and loans him back to us. 

Then we'd get decent money for him while his stock is high, we get cover for Jones at RWB, we weaken a play-off rival, and if Djed does start to sulk and cause problems then we can terminate his loan and he can go sit in the stands of his new club for a few months.

Lol what PL club in their right mind is going to sign Djed "*** about on a scooter" Spence

That website offers little to nothing. The pure definition of the saying "throw enough *** at the wall..". But for the sake of it I'm going to say Balogun as one of them and I have no idea who the other could be. Gayle will be an obvious target for a lot of Championship clubs but he doesn't strike me as Wilder kind of striker and would likely be very expensive unless Newcastle are willing to pay a lot of his wages. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic