oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

no way in hell GIF

1. They're both close to retirement

2. Would want way too much money

3. Wouldn't enjoy the wonders of Teesside life

4. Wouldn't enjoy warming the bench behind Tav, Crooks and Payero

🤪

f017cbaa5bcf8c2b12a683a90d4e9f8c.png

tumblr_0914535117c17311d98750525e2ef770_8b881a69_1280.jpg

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Huh?

Oh...you mean Paddy! He plays for that lot north of the border though, doesn't he? Not Blanco's beloved green shirts.

If memory serves the Republic are going through a pretty bad patch lately, aren't they? Being a ROI international isn't exactly a hallmark of quality these days. Not like the heady times when they could call on the likes of Ray Houghton and Andy Townsend. 😉

I wouldnt go down that road considering Grealish & Declan Rice are both Irish!  Needless to say,im not at all bitter about them jumping ship!!

I dont care about who Connolly is spending his time with.I just dont think he will score the goals we need.Hope im wrong though.

• Like 2

Connolly is going to be a bit of a project, but perhaps just needs a change of scenery and the right manager. Wilder is not afraid to try and tame players who have a bit of arrogance or attitude about them (McBurnie).

If Connolly didn’t have these issues then we wouldn’t be in a position to sign him. Loan with an option suits all parties in my opinion. 

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Leesider said:

I wouldnt go down that road considering Grealish & Declan Rice are both Irish!  Needless to say,im not at all bitter about them jumping ship!!

I dont care about who Connolly is spending his time with.I just dont think he will score the goals we need.Hope im wrong though.

I always think its sad when really good players would rather become eligible to play for countries other than their home one. You're welcome to take Grealish back but can we keep Rice please? 😉

My worries about Connolly are his potential to be a Covid spreader and continuing to be a trouble maker. That said, I very much doubt Wilder would tolerate that sort of behaviour, so him and Scott must see some potential for redemption. 🤷‍♂️

In any case its only a loan deal, so if it doesn't work out we can ship him back with a minimum of fuss.

15 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Transfer thread gone off the rails before the windows even open. That must be a new record 🤣

Think its just the usual mid-Christmas lull where nothing much is happening and anticipation is building for when January hits. Boredom + fertile imaginations = feverish speculation! 😉

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Connolly could be our Djed Spence... 

Or even our Gaston Ramirez but the worry is that he will more than likely be another Ravel Morrison or Marlon King whose off field issues impacted on their talent.

At such a young age it is very likely his last chance in the game wherever he ends up. If he grasps it then he could have a great future but if he continues as he has then we all know how that ends up. In balance he isn't a character I would want to bring into our squad. I'd rather stick with Coburn and Ikpeazu, neither of whom are costing a fortune. Throw in that he will probably be the highest earner in the dressing room and to me that just feeds his demons and will rub others up the wrong way before a ball is kicked.

Last time we signed an Ireland international I remember having the argument about how good he was over and over on here, people were disappointed we'd spent what we had on him believe it or not. Randolph didn't turn out too bad did he?

Connolly is more than good enough for this league and will be a massive upgrade on watmore. Delighted with this one. 

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Doubt either would consider themselves Irish?  Rice and Grealish were both born in England, lived their whole lives in England, and only ever played for English clubs.

They were only going to use Irish grandparents to get an international career with Ireland if the England call up looked unlikely. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Not at all. I’m just saying why I think people believe that sort of thing. But by your logic we would have a team of Jehovah's Witnesses playing week in week out. People make mistakes all the time. Not just players. I just like to give people a chance before judge them. I’ve met many people who I have thought are *** or heard rumours about and they turn out to be nice lads. 

Would never happen Jehovah Witnesses do not play team sports and frown upon it, they would want all the players ringing your door bell trying to fob you off with a copy of Awake and Watch Tower🙂

• Haha 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic