oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

But what also won't help is he joined a side that apparently was well short on fitness and conditioning under Warnock, whilst already being very unfit himself.

Then jetting off with Cameroon every three weeks and missing training here.

He was bound to get less of a look in here with that.

Yea just one of those that hasn’t worked out. Still he could go on and play a vital part at end of the season, stranger things have happened. It’s a funny one loaning a player that will go missing for the Afcon though

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Connolly is a replacement for hernandez or back up for sporar. 

I doubt he's going to be backup for Sporar, I see Wilder playing him alongside him. Doubt he'd be coming here to be a backup striker

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I doubt he's going to be backup for Sporar, I see Wilder playing him alongside him. Doubt he'd be coming here to be a backup striker

really? you think a kid with a few games at first team level who isnt rated at all by his own fans walks into our team? i dont see it like that. he'll be a replacement for uche or hernandez. clearly one of them is leaving. 

• Smogzilla changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 -A-a-ron! Where are you!?
40 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I assume we need uche to go before we get balogun as we reached registration max 

No - we reduced from 24 to 23 when Stoj left. Brynn doesn’t count as under 21 at start of season. In any case if we sign anyone else we can immediately take an existing player out of squad list. So, likely  Ameobi or Osanayna or maybe Browne (if he is likely to go on loan) or Hall if he isn’t in Wilders plans.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Connolly is a replacement for hernandez or back up for sporar. 

I think he a like for like competition / back up for Watmore from what I seen of him

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Can’t see balogun coming here tbh. Arsenal probably want him starting every game. Definitely won’t get that here with sporar, Connolly and watmore

The only one who can claim to probably be better as an out and out striker than Balogun imo is Sporar. If Balogun comes I would be confident he would start.

His potential was so that Brentford bid £7m for him 2 seasons ago and he had about 10 clubs in Europe chasing him in the summer due to being a free.

3 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I do wonder if we realise we have signed a donkey and are making sure we don’t come close to meeting obligations.

It’s bizarre especially as when he has played he hasn’t looked like a footballer. His touch and decision making even on simple passes has been awful. 

Whether that’s fitness related, motivation or just ability I don’t know. If it’s fitness you would hope he would be doing all he can to get up to speed.

I thought he had a decent game at Forest away. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic