oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

3 minutes ago, samboro said:

Wilder said we had a couple outgoings sorted already. Might the second be delayed if the player was one that got COVID. Would put it back 7-10 days for medical.

maybe same for incoming, maybe a couple of days if we closed hurwoth etc..

Or an outgoing delayed (Tav) until his replacement is confirmed?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I suppose if you are getting 8-10 million for Tavernier and replacing him with one of the above for 2-3 then that looks pretty shrewd business to me.

No chance in hell we are paying that kind of fee for those players. I would certainly be disappointed if we paid that kind of fee for those players although I’ll admit that my knowledge of them is purely on paper so I could be very wrong but their careers don’t really warrant a significant fee. 

Just now, Changing Times said:

In fact, if his fee was tiered in terms of how many goals he's scored, then why would they sell him to us now rather than at the end of the season when he's scored more goals?

And if we aren't likely to buy him if we get promoted, which goes against the terms of the deal that were leaked, why would we buy him halfway through a season, when we might not want him at the end of the season?

If we sell a player now it's because we want to sell that player, for footballing or financial reasons.  I doubt it's to pay for a player we already have playing for us.

If Leeds and Newcastle are trying to improve their squad in an effort to remain up or longer term to ensure that they have a competitive squad if they come down and have identified Tav as ideal then I would guess that Boro will look at it purely on a Commercial basis.

If the money offered is acceptable Boro will sell but I doubt we have a need to sell and certainly not as you say to pay for someone else that doesn't need paying for as yet. If the offer is too good to refuse, very likely with Newcastle's clout (and helped if Leeds are also bidding) then I reckon he will be sold and the links with the St. Mirren and MK Dons lad would make perfect sense. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Or an outgoing delayed (Tav) until his replacement is confirmed?

We’ve got 13 days until the next league game and already have Payero to fill in so if we have received an acceptable bid I think it’ll just get done. 

14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We’ve got 13 days until the next league game and already have Payero to fill in so if we have received an acceptable bid I think it’ll just get done. 

I don’t. We probably don’t need to sell and we don’t owe anyone any favours, so why not wait until we have an acceptable replacement lined up? Also if both Newcastle and Leeds are interested in Tav then a bidding war is very much in our interests. I think it would probably make more sense to sell at the end of the window to be honest.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

I don’t. We probably don’t need to sell and we don’t owe anyone any favours, so why not wait until we have an acceptable replacement lined up? Also if both Newcastle and Leeds are interested in Tav then a bidding war is very much in our interests. I think it would probably make more sense to sell at the end of the window to be honest.

Hit the nail on the head watched an interview with andy scott the new recruitment bloke we are getting said Brentford’s success was down buying early in the window to replace what they would sell late in the window at a higher price 

• Like 2

What if Newcastle have bid a lot more than we want ie 15 million but they want their players in early due to their predicament so have set a deadline for Tuesday. We might not be able to ‘afford’ saying no. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

What if Newcastle have bid a lot more than we want ie 15 million but they want their players in early due to their predicament so have set a deadline for Tuesday. We might not be able to ‘afford’ saying no. 

Must be a silly offer for us to consider selling now (if we are). No point otherwise.

On another note Aaron Connolly must have the smarmiest/most dislikeable face going. 

3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Must be a silly offer for us to consider selling now (if we are). No point otherwise.

On another note Aaron Connolly must have the smarmiest/most dislikeable face going. 

Don’t worry you will grow to love his smarmy face when he starts banging the goals in 😜

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Prob sell for anything around 8-10mill.

That would be too cheap for me. Minimum should be 12m or we should keep him

• Like 2
Just now, Blanco said:

Don’t worry you will grow to love his smarmy face when he starts banging the goals in 😜

He comes from Galway, they all look like that, and are basically mad 😂 

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic