oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

You reckon it will go ahead?

Yeah. It will help them financially. Wilder will use it for fitness and to assess some of the U23’s and any incomings.

Hard to say who will play though cause of COVID.

7 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Hes currently playing for Kingstonian, who are currently ground-sharing with Tooting & Mitcham FC, the club we signed Izzy Jones from!

Small world 

We seem to be all over the non league scene in that part of the country.

47 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Il get some more info on him, will share in a minute when I get a response. 

So got told he is a LWB who is extremely fast, Reece James Dad (Nigel) has an academy in London which got Bilongo noticed and has now been scouted by most of the PL and Championship teams, Chelsea got cold feet on him and messed the lad about a bit, apparently he was devastated. 

From what's been described has a lot of similar raw attributes as Jones and will need heavy coaching but "should be taken seriously" as a player and thinks we are paying the same as Chelsea were to get him (i.e. 50k).

Nigel James has said Boro want to replicate what weve done with Isaiah Jones and that we've treated him much better than Chelsea did during the process (direct quote) 

Edited by boksicdink
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

We certainly seem good at getting these lads in. It definitely boosts the overall strength of the u23 squad and gives us more options. Fingers crossed we see him in a year or so in the first team.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, CambridgeBoro said:

The classic link of league 1's top goal scorer to teams in the Championship, happens every window without fail.

So he'll be off to Wrexham then?

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, AllBoro10 said:

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to Newcastles interest. For me he is someone who clearly has a good attitude and tries his best each game and his work ethic is incredible, we all know his general play and shooting can be worked on and he definetly has the talent to find more consistency in that regard but I’m sure it will come. I just don’t  understand comments saying get rid as if he is some kind of mercenary when he isn’t , looks like he loves it here to me. He probably see’s all this stuff and will be upset about it. Also it won’t be helping his confidence we need to get behind him to help find his best form. Thankfully Wilder knows what he brings and he’s been an ever present, I hope he is here at the end of this window.

The slagging of Tav does **** me off but to be fair I have posted some negative comments as well, not that makes Tav and a bad player and it’s about where he needs to improve. I think the reason Tav gets criticism is because fans see he can be a better player and I believe he will get better under Chris. 
I would like to see Tav stay and reviewed at the season end. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

The slagging of Tav does **** me off but to be fair I have posted some negative comments as well, not that makes Tav and a bad player and it’s about where he needs to improve. I think the reason Tav gets criticism is because fans see he can be a better player and I believe he will get better under Chris. 
I would like to see Tav stay and reviewed at the season end. 

The main critique he gets is down to his goals and assist contribution. One goal and one assist in 23 games isn't good however you try and portray it. He get's into plenty of good positions around the box but the final ball or shot is just too often not good enough. He's also been on set pieces and the less said about that the better. He is undoubtedly a very talented footballer and easily good enough for any team in the championship, but he plays in a position where he needs to contribute more in terms of actual goal/assist output. Do I think we can get more out of him? Definately. Do I want to sell him? No. But can he be replaced? Definately.

• Like 7
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic