oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

2 hours ago, Humpty said:

I don't agree. Gibson had a solid season no doubt but Chambers was the star of that defence.

As I said, Gibson was our best player by a distance, I think that was the common consensus throughout the season as well. That's why he had the interest in him, and also made it into the England squad.  I don't think Chambers managed that while he was here although I confess I can't quite remember.  Still, Boro wouldn't be Boro if we didn't rate other club's players ahead of our own.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

30-40k for someone that likely gets us the goals to get to promised land. I am in!!! 

Lets not forget all that money we saved with players out at end of last season and remember Warnock saying majority of players signed this season was combined less than Britt's salary. 

16 minutes ago, xathras said:

30-40k for someone that likely gets us the goals to get to promised land. I am in!!! 

Lets not forget all that money we saved with players out at end of last season and remember Warnock saying majority of players signed this season was combined less than Britt's salary. 

If what we are being told is anywhere near true all I can think is that as a club Boro are going to have a go at automatic promotion, otherwise it makes no sense especially as how the play off's are somewhat a lottery at times

1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

What makes you so confident? Genuine question as I know little about him except he's been scoring in the reserves. 

Those wages make me a bit nervous!

Seen him play loads in PL2 where he makes it look too easy, he'd be a regular starter for Arsenal if it wasn't for the form of Pepe last season. Martinelli is ahead of him this season, he needs to play at a higher level.

• Like 1

first of all i dont believe for a second we will be paying anywhere near 40k a week ,more a fool who would believe that!!!!!!,,some people seem to think its coming out of their personel money,he really is trying to give wilder as much chance as possible ,i for one are glad thats the case.onwards and upwards boro

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Whoppy said:

If we do sign Balogun, who would you expect to see as the most used starting two strikers over course of the season?

Sporar + ? 

Sporar and balogun. No way are we paying 40k a week for balogun if he isn’t starting. Obviously with how much wilder wants the strikers to press there will be a lot of rotation I presume particularly for balogun/ Connolly/ watmore role

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

If we do sign Balogun, who would you expect to see as the most used starting two strikers over course of the season?

Sporar + ? 

If balogun is getting paid what’s been mentioned then you’d think it would be him and Sporar. But don’t think Connally has came here to sit on the bench 

Our four striker options of Sporar, Watmore, Connolly and Balogun will give us some fantastic options for our system. It will allow Wilder to have two first choice strikers for 60 minutes and then the other two fresh off the bench for the final 30 minutes against a tired defence. I doubt any other Championship team will have that amount of quality and freshness in strike - especially with the packed fixture list due to Covid.

Once we get Balogun signed then we won't need Ikpeazu and Hernandez so I wouldn't be surprised to see both leave. Though, Hernandez is currently our RWB back up so we'll probably need to add some depth to RWB if he leaves. We need some more depth in CM and possibly CB so hopefully we can rejig the finances to add them signings also.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Seen him play loads in PL2 where he makes it look too easy, he'd be a regular starter for Arsenal if it wasn't for the form of Martinelli last season.

PL2 is easy though.  Burrell got about 14 in 33 for us at that level. Coburn has 5 in 7, Kavanagh has 3 in 6, even O'Neill got about 14 in 38.  Balogun has 34 in 56, it's a good record but it's not that much better than our own lads, he's just played a lot more games.  I don't know if translating PL2 form into Championship form will be all that easy but he's certainly earned himself a go at it in fairness.  If he was a Boro player I'd be eager to see him get a crack at the first team 👍

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Why do you think they say it? To lower the expectations..

I was getting that from the ITK people, not sure the club have come out and said it.  Well Warnock said something along those lines I suppose.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic