oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Thing is someone who normally isn’t in the know may hear a rumour once and never again. Just because they may post something and not normally be ‘ITK’ shouldn’t mean the rumour is dismissed or criticised. After all this is a page for rumours not news?

• Like 4
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Thing is someone who normally isn’t in the know may hear a rumour once and never again. Just because they may post something and not normally be ‘ITK’ shouldn’t mean the rumour is dismissed or criticised. After all this is a page for rumours not news?

I couldn’t agree more. People don’t have to post info and other people are entitled to believe / not believe when they do. It’s a message board and this is a transfer rumours thread (the clue is in the word rumours). Personally I think certain people are proved correct way too often for it to be pure guesswork, and I also accept that things don’t come off more often than they do.

4 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I couldn’t agree more. People don’t have to post info and other people are entitled to believe / not believe when they do. It’s a message board and this is a transfer rumours thread (the clue is in the word rumours). Personally I think certain people are proved correct way too often for it to be pure guesswork, and I also accept that things don’t come off more often than they do.

I guess what I really mean is that its fine when it comes to those that are telling the truth, regardless of if a deal comes off, but not for those that tell porkies. Ultimately if you’re ITK then great, appreciate the info and that you can be wrong at times but for those that arent ITK and pretend they know what’s happening for whatever reason they get from it then that’s just sad. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

That's sort of my point, he's a regular up there despite not being very good.  That's who Souttar is up against week in, week out 🤷‍♂️

I get your point and there's certainly some truth to it. It's quite a different league to be honest, but there's plenty of examples of footballers who couldn't cut it in Scotland who have thrived in England. I do think the championship has more quality overall (and money) but I also think people underrate Scottish football quite a bit.

Funnily enough one of my best mates is an Aberdeen fan and he describes Curtis Main as one of the worst footballers he's seen in an Aberdeen shirt.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

A rumours page yes, people share links from all over, that’s great. But that doesn’t mean that those that pretend to be ITK should do so. The ones that are actually ITK that is not an attack on you, it’s a dig at anyone that pretends to be

2 hours ago, Humpty said:

I'll refrain from using evidence to back up my opinion in the future just for you @sackrobson2 Michael Buble Love GIF by bubly

There remains no actual evidence in that post regarding Chambers Vs Gibson. It's really not winning any arguments.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

I guess what I really mean is that its fine when it comes to those that are telling the truth, regardless of if a deal comes off, but not for those that tell porkies. Ultimately if you’re ITK then great, appreciate the info and that you can be wrong at times but for those that arent ITK and pretend they know what’s happening for whatever reason they get from it then that’s just sad. 

How does the person know if it’s a porkie If they have heard something though is what I’m getting at. It doesn’t mean they purposely come in here and lie (though I know some people will) 

2 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

How does the person know if it’s a porkie If they have heard something though is what I’m getting at. It doesn’t mean they purposely come in here and lie (though I know some people will) 

I was saying the same thing to Barack Obama just the other day when he was telling me that Boro were nailed on to sign Riley McGree.  Barack has some connection to the USA apparently, which is how he heard about it 🤷‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

I think you’re confused, I’m not digging out anyone that actually hears something, that’s what this place is for. It’s those that make things up to put in here are the ones that I’m saying are sad. Surely people know if they have heard something as opposed to make it up on the spot

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

So some make *** up so that they can feel what it’s like to be a God if just for a moment?

I think you might be overstating it a bit. It’s kind of the way with the social media so take it for what it is and do add a pinch of salt. Even though I get a bit of info here and there I don’t believe anything 100% until the club makes the announcement. I also know that you attract a lot more criticism for getting stuff wrong than you get kudos for nailing something.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic