oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I dont think that will stop him leaving if an acceptable bid does come in. Pretty sure he can afford 2 houses, especially if he ends up joining a PL club on PL wages.

I just have a feeling that he’s a proper home lad.. I think if he had his own way he’s stay here for rest of his career. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I dont think that will stop him leaving if an acceptable bid does come in. Pretty sure he can afford 2 houses, especially if he ends up joining a PL club on PL wages.

I would be very surprised. Fry is notorious for wanting to stay and has already turned down moves to the PL (albeit it was Burnley IIRC...)

36 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

We’ve made the decision that Djed stays out there until the end of the season. Financially, we had the ability to improve the contract financially that benefited us, that allows us to maybe invest elsewhere and give us that opportunity to improve the standard of player we’re trying to get in to this football club by allowing Djed to go out.

“I think the biggest thing is the young man that’s playing in that position at the moment (Jones). I don’t want to stunt his progression because he’s been outstanding. Bringing a player back who has played football and wants to play first-team football, I’ve got to weigh up a lot of things.

I know it’s early days, but I’d like to think the supporters of Middlesbrough will trust in the decisions we make for the benefit of the football club – short, medium and long term. It was a difficult one, but we’ve made the decision to leave Djed out. We feel that was the right decision on quite a lot of fronts.”

Some good little bits in this. 

If you're alluding to the "trouble maker" rumours that we've heard I don't see anything in Wilders quote to suggest that he would be a bad influence. I think you left out the most important quote "I think we all understand that he might not be a player I would have allowed to go out. I think that’s understandable in terms of how we play and what his attributes are." So if it was up to Wilder he never would have gone out, but now we have Jones and both want to play, so it's only fair to let Djed keep on playing. There really isn't much in that article, unless you want to read between the lines and see what you want to see.

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If you're alluding to the "trouble maker" rumours that we've heard I don't see anything in Wilders quote to suggest that he would be a bad influence. I think you left out the most important quote "I think we all understand that he might not be a player I would have allowed to go out. I think that’s understandable in terms of how we play and what his attributes are." So if it was up to Wilder he never would have gone out, but now we have Jones and both want to play, so it's only fair to let Djed keep on playing. There really isn't much in that article, unless you want to read between the lines and see what you want to see.

If you listen to the whole interview he does say about attitude and not wanting to upset our changing room etc..  It'll be out soon on the website 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, macapes said:

Don't think a Champo CB is the answer to their problems.

Given they've just signed Trippier from Atletico (£12m), I think Boro are probably below their radar now.

9 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

If you listen to the whole interview he does say about attitude and not wanting to upset our changing room etc..  It'll be out soon on the website 

Here's a bit more on that in the Gazette where he pretty much explicitly says it

He continued: “Djed wanted to stay at Nottingham Forest so I’ve got to think about the chemistry and the harmony of the changing room as well. Do I want an unhappy player here?

“And he would be. He’s made that perfectly clear to me that he wants to stay there. I hope I’m not chucking him under the bus. I understand his position. It’s going well for him and he wants to continue that.

“The spirit of the group is important to me and I don’t want players who don’t want to be here and would rather be somewhere else.

“I’d like to think the fans will trust me and the decisions I make for the football club.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I see Souttar as depending on Fry leaving for big money. Sell Fry for £12 million and sign Souttar for £1 million in January and use the remaining money on other positions in need for improvement like LCB, LWB, DM & CM. That sort of money is a substantial war chest in the Championship if spent wisely. 

Ameobi out for the rest of the season again apparently according to wilder. Fisher as well. I think that’s what he meant anyway. Bola back in March

Edited by BoroJake
2 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I see Souttar as depending on Fry leaving for big money. Sell Fry for £12 million and sign Souttar for £1 million in January and use the remaining money on other positions in need for improvement like LCB, LWB, DM & CM. That sort of money is a substantial war chest in the Championship if spent wisely. 

With Souttar's injury record I would rather we relied on Bamba. I don't get all the clamour for an unproven Scottish Player with dodgy ankles. I would think there are better out there in League One or Two who are less of a risk. Without the injuries Souttar is a gamble but with his history I would pass on him because the likelihood is he is only a few months at best from another lay off. Injuries like he has had rarely improve and I suspect mentally will affect his game and challenges he makes (or doesn't).

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Ameobi out for the rest of the season again apparently according to wilder. Fisher as well. I think that’s what he meant anyway. Bola back in March

I totally forgot about Fisher, I had to google him. Can we take squad numbers away from the long term absentees to free up space for others?

LWB a priority for me then with Boles out that long

52 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The part in bold is the important context in that quote. I'm not really fussed anyway, i know where my info has come from.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic