oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Can only think they don't want him cup tied if they are in any way forced to bring him back due to a COVID outbreak or something.

OR they hoped we'd be weaker without him, allowing Mansfield to potentially knock us out as they see us as a danger. 🤪

They just don’t want him getting a winners medal 🏅 because none of their other players will get anything 😃

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I guess. You'd think we wouldn't allow a recall clause on a 5 month contract mind, especially if we're paying all of his wages (are we paying all of his wages?)

I don't think the recall clause is being considered by the EFL/Premier League.  I think if it means you keep a fixture on you can recall regardless of clauses.

3 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I don't think the recall clause is being considered by the EFL/Premier League.  I think if it means you keep a fixture on you can recall regardless of clauses.

That's just a guess mind.  Liverpool are recalling someone and when you look at who they have out on loan I'm not convinced they'd have recall clauses for them as none are close to first team. 

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I guess. You'd think we wouldn't allow a recall clause on a 5 month contract mind, especially if we're paying all of his wages (are we paying all of his wages?)

Emergency recalls might still be capable without recall clauses. I'm honestly not sure.

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Emergency recalls might still be capable without recall clauses. I'm honestly not sure.

Im not sure either but this is what I think is the case.  

Totally don't agree with it at all though.  How is it fair on the team that have brought someone in to improve their squad, likely paid a fee and are covering wages to then be short for the last part of the season when the likelihood is the returning player may play a couple of games

16 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

There has to be a 3rd choice Prem GK we can bring in on loan, Lumley's had half a season to prove himself and he's been awful.

Don’t get your hopes up!
If he was going to look for a new keeper, then he wouldn’t have recalled Brynn. He would have kept Stoj until he got the keeper he wanted and then let Stoj go. The only possible reasons for bringing Brynn back were to challenge for number 1 spot or to save money by getting rid of Stoj wages. As he didn’t play Brynn today, which was surely an ideal opportunity to test him, it looks like it was money saving.

I guess it’s theoretically possible he could get a new keeper and let Brynn go back out on loan, as he hasn’t played for us this season, but why pull him back from QOS to do that?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Don’t get your hopes up!
If he was going to look for a new keeper, then he wouldn’t have recalled Brynn. He would have kept Stoj until he got the keeper he wanted and then let Stoj go. The only possible reasons for bringing Brynn back were to challenge for number 1 spot or to save money by getting rid of Stoj wages. As he didn’t play Brynn today, which was surely an ideal opportunity to test him, it looks like it was money saving.

I guess it’s theoretically possible he could get a new keeper and let Brynn go back out on loan, as he hasn’t played for us this season, but why pull him back from QOS to do that?

I think more likely would be bring someone in and let Daniels go out.

15 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I think more likely would be bring someone in and let Daniels go out.

Why not both? Neither are anywhere near good enough imo. Rather have Brynn number 2

• Like 1

I wonder if there is a place in the squad for Uche. Doubtful it seems but i would be gutted to see him leave. If Salah scored that goal today,Sky would be showing it for weeks.Brilliant from the big man. He will be a great signing for somebody but i cant see him getting many minutes for us ahead of Sporar,Balagun,Connolly or Watmore

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Leesider said:

I wonder if there is a place in the squad for Uche. Doubtful it seems but i would be gutted to see him leave. If Salah scored that goal today,Sky would be showing it for weeks.Brilliant from the big man. He will be a great signing for somebody but i cant see him getting many minutes for us ahead of Sporar,Balagun,Connolly or Watmore

Scored similar in his first game pre-season. Had high hopes for him under Warnock 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Leesider said:

I’d like to see him stay, he causes problems for defenders every time he plays. His situation is similar to Traores in that he has fantastic physical attributes but could improve his awareness and decision making. For me he deserves to be playing somewhere. 
If it’s not going to be here I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Don’t get your hopes up!

Because Stoj counts as a squad member and Sol doesn’t.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Leesider said:

The issue is he might not get minutes but for me he's a different option to put on.  Offers someone to bully defenders.

• Like 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic