oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Sounds like we're going to wipe our hands of Payero 

i wouldn't say that yet.

he could have been one of the lads with Covid last week.

it's probably Howson's last season, and Tav will be sold if we don't get promoted. So bring in 2 midfielders makes sense.

also Payero is probably competing with Crooks (from a positional sense)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I really hope we don't waste Payero. He's had a tough start to his career with us but there's a really good player in there.

Not sure we have seen enough of him to decide either way.

We’ve had loads of lads come through and look good for a few games but never press on. 

You’d think if it’s true about McGree to Celtic and there manager knows him personally that he would of been in touch with the player to ask if he’s interested before putting a bid in 

2 minutes ago, Payero said:

One of our big players is leaving this month, I don't think it will be fry personally. 

Personally I think that if we do land McGree then we will cash in on Tavernier. This is just an opinion by the way - I haven’t heard owt.

2 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Personally I think that if we do land McGree then we will cash in on Tavernier. This is just an opinion by the way - I haven’t heard owt.

I think you may be right, for me he is not going to reach his potential, he is still making the same mistakes that he was 3-4 seasons ago, i wouldnt say that he has made dramatic improvements over that time and his stock now is about as high as it is going to get.

If anyone leaves this month it'll be Tav.

Why would we wipe our hands of Payero when he's going to cost us £6m and he's clearly one for the future? I'm not happy about it but this season is obviously to help him get used to English football.

2 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

With us bringing in 2 left footed midfielders that would make sense unless Boyd-munce is one for the future. If reports are true about him falling out with bowyer for not getting more chances in the 1st team then why would he be so excited to come here to do the same 

So 2 newspapers say 2 different teams are "close" to the same player, hours apart 😂. Transfer rumors are something else compared to sports out here. 

In the one article it says he'd like to play in England doesn't it? And it seems as though we have the funds to pull it off while Celtic haven't made an actual bid yet? Hope we can bring it across the line. 

Edited by CanadianBoro
21 minutes ago, Payero said:

One of our big players is leaving this month, I don't think it will be fry personally. 

Well the team wants the 20 million fee for him right? I think Warnock and Wilder both said it would take quite the bid and no plans to move him. 

I hope he stays. I was going to buy a Fry jersey yet. Haha. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic