oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

McNair won't leave. He loves it here. Players will be more inclined to stay because of Wilder who is a real coup from us.

If you're a young player who wouldn't want to come and play for Wilder.

I'm hoping we can get Balogun and McGree sorted this week and then let a few go on permanents, loans etc.

Coburn, Ikpeazu and Hernandez I reckon will go once Balogun has come in.

My point on McNair was really about the fact he is one of our big players and it was suggested earlier in the thread that one of our big players would leave and it wouldn’t be Fry.

46 minutes ago,  Payero said: 

One of our big players is leaving this month, I don't think it will be fry personally. 

Apart from Fry and Tav who are both young and in demand but we are in no need to sell either the next big player I thought of was McNair. If it’s not any of these 3 who is the next big player who could leave?

52 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If anyone leaves this month it'll be Tav.

Why would we wipe our hands of Payero when he's going to cost us £6m and he's clearly one for the future? I'm not happy about it but this season is obviously to help him get used to English football.

It seems silly they would make that investment only to get rid of the guy after one season without giving him a go or out on loan at least. 

• Like 1
Just now, DurhamRed said:

He littely is a professional bench warmer 

I hope we let him go back early, a player happy to fly out to a pointless tournament (and yes, at this moment in time it IS a pointless tournament) and sit on the bench is not one we need here.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I hope we let him go back early, a player happy to fly out to a pointless tournament (and yes, at this moment in time it IS a pointless tournament) and sit on the bench is not one we need here.

It's not a pointless tournament though. 

Its the Afcon Cup, their version of the Euros, and its in his home country. 

• Like 15
7 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

It's not a pointless tournament though. 

Its the Afcon Cup, their version of the Euros, and its in his home country. 

Sorry, but any international tournament that takes place during the middle of a football season in which most of its participants play is to me a pointless tournament.

Boro have lost many players over the years to the AFCON and not only do they usually not cover themselves in glory, their effectiveness for us when they return is often diminished.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sorry, but any international tournament that takes place during the middle of a football season in which most of its participants play is to me a pointless tournament.

Boro have lost many players over the years to the AFCON and not only do they usually not cover themselves in glory, their effectiveness for us when they return is often diminished.

So you mean it's pointless to you. 

It's their cup, they hold it when it best suits their audience and climate. 

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's been moved from it's relatively new summer date because those would have clashed with a genuine Cameroonian rain season. It's not pointless because of that.

International football isn't the be all and end all for me personally but it is the height of heights to be reached for many players. So yeah, can't say I agree that the tournament becomes pointless based on the time of the year it takes place.

• Like 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic