oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

39 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Not saying there is no exception to the rule but given our past experiences I am not keen on signing Scottish players. 

You're right, Souness is a right tit. Crap pundit too...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think the delay has already happened to be honest.

I would imagine everything has been lined up and he probably would have come in for the Mansfield game had he not tested positive.

Hopefully he is clear to sign in time for the weekend.

Northern Echo think he's basically ruled out for the weekend already, if that counts for anything

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Northern Echo think he's basically ruled out for the weekend already, if that counts for anything

I don't think he'd have started anyway.

Sporar and Watmore both scored, you've got to start both if they're fit.

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking Celtic changed their chief executive or part of the board last year. I think there were big complaints about Celtic not reinvesting a lot of the money they were getting and in reality Rangers should not have closed the gap between the 2 so soon. It probably explains why they are willing to part with decent money again. 

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Must have been priced out late in the day because we were all set to get him. Good player but can't say im too gutted considering the options we have

I’m disappointed because I think it was close for us and I also think he will turn out to be a top player.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Am I right in thinking Celtic changed their chief executive or part of the board last year. I think there were big complaints about Celtic not reinvesting a lot of the money they were getting and in reality Rangers should not have closed the gap between the 2 so soon. It probably explains why they are willing to part with decent money again. 

Going through a rebuild. Ange has hit the ground running and they are trying to get players he knows and trusts. Lots of Japanese players no one will have hear of, but should smash that league. People seriously underestimate the Japanese league.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

It's quite something if they're not just offering more money than us but legitimately blowing us out of the water to sign him. Seems like going from one extreme to another. That is, assuming as above, that £3-5m deal is so far from what we were offering.

6 minutes ago, Hewie said:

Going through a rebuild. Ange has hit the ground running and they are trying to get players he knows and trusts. Lots of Japanese players no one will have hear of, but should smash that league. People seriously underestimate the Japanese league.

I was surprised to see Celtic appoint him considering some of the names being banded about. But I have seen them have gone into the Asian Market a fair bit. It will be interesting to compare him and Howe come the summer it seems they're probably getting decent value for their money by comparison. 

20 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Have Swansea got any money though?

Not sure about Swansea’s financial situation but they did have that strange fire sale on summer deadline day where they sold Connor Roberts and Jamal Lowe on the cheap so maybe there’s something going on there.

Not sure about what kind of fee you’d be looking at for O’Riley. Blackpool had an 11th hour 500k bid knocked back in the summer. Part of the problem seems to be nobody knows how long his contract is.

12 minutes ago, Payero said:

They are spending a whole lot of money to just finish 2nd again, Rangers are way ahead of them.

Rangers and Celtic historically tend to have a period of dominance (up to a decade) and then fall into decline due to mismanagement and complacency. Celtic are at the bottom of the latest downward curve and heading back up under Ange, but Rangers are a couple of seasons ahead of them and should walk the SPL this season.

Not sure if we still are battling for McGree or if this is just recycled news for them to fill a story....

Probably the latter!

If you look carefully you can see the message 'Please schedule for 12PM and add Graeme's byline', don't think that is supposed to be there.

• Haha 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic