oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

34 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I think we sell Tav for 5 million plus a few add ons.  Said it all along.  Just my feeling though.

Objectively..... What is Tavs worth compared to other comparables out there?

Arguably his pedagree, reputation, and age (potential) is where his value comes from. However it is his finishing that will hinder his fee from being top market. 

You can argue right now based off other transfers he's a 4-5m player. Of course people would love to sell for 10-12 but those players put up goals consistently and Tav just doesn't do that. 

If we as fans look objectively from the other teams point of view, Tav probably isnt viewed as a top market player right now. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, CanadianBoro said:

Objectively..... What is Tavs worth compared to other comparables out there?

Arguably his pedagree, reputation, and age (potential) is where his value comes from. However it is his finishing that will hinder his fee from being top market. 

You can argue right now based off other transfers he's a 4-5m player. Of course people would love to sell for 10-12 but those players put up goals consistently and Tav just doesn't do that. 

If we as fans look objectively from the other teams point of view, Tav probably isnt viewed as a top market player right now. 

I would argue his contract length is the biggest issue in securing a high fee.  I don't think we can replace for 5 million but I also don't think the club will risk his value dropping as his contract runs down.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He’s on over £100k a week. It’s never happening.

Don't think United would expect too many teams to pay it all though.

There aren't too many PL teams that don't have very solid established keepers 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I would argue his contract length is the biggest issue in securing a high fee.  I don't think we can replace for 5 million but I also don't think the club will risk his value dropping as his contract runs down.

Thats one thing i dont really get trying to understand transfers. When these high profile players transfer they usually end up with new deals anyway. So Tav has 2.5 years left, if he goes to the Premier League he'd get a new contract anyway. So why is his value less? Surely youd to the transfer with the knowledge of the player wanting to sign

3 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I'd genuinely rather take the chance on us being promoted and being able to renew him in the Prem than accept £5m this window. If we don't he can go for free. That fee is absolutely tiny for a Premier League team and some of our fans seem to be desperate to almost give him away.

Leeds paid £30m for Dan James this summer. Thirty million pounds. And we'd take £5m for Tav?!

• Like 9

On Tav if we want to sell we have two windows where we will still get a good fee for him.

It’s only really this time next year the contract will greatly depreciate his value but there’s plenty of time to sort out a new one.

I’m not in a hurry for Tav to leave so think he does a good job for us. Give him a year or two in a settled position, team and system and I think he will develop into the player we want him to be. 

• Like 1

Leeds paid us £4.5M for Forshaw a few years back. Is Tav better than Forshaw? Does Tav have more potential than Forshaw did at the time? Have fees increased or decreased over the last few years? 

I don't think Tav is worth £15M but I don't think Boro would accept £5M either. I imagine his value would be nearer £8 to £10M. Maybe accept a lower figure initially but with serious add ons if Boro genuinely believe that he will improve. Alternatively get as much as you can now and take the money and run.

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Leeds paid us £4.5M for Forshaw a few years back. Is Tav better than Forshaw? Does Tav have more potential than Forshaw did at the time? Have fees increased or decreased over the last few years? 

I don't think Tav is worth £15M but I don't think Boro would accept £5M either. I imagine his value would be nearer £8 to £10M. Maybe accept a lower figure initially but with serious add ons if Boro genuinely believe that he will improve. Alternatively get as much as you can now and take the money and run.

yes we had their pants down for that. bang average champo midfielder lol. reach to 4.5mil we robbed wednesday. both teams massivly overpaid for them both if tav went for 5mil it would be a bargain for the team getting him.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I have that as Yes, Yes and massively. Also Forshaw was a sale to a Championship team.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Thats one thing i dont really get trying to understand transfers. When these high profile players transfer they usually end up with new deals anyway. So Tav has 2.5 years left, if he goes to the Premier League he'd get a new contract anyway. So why is his value less? Surely youd to the transfer with the knowledge of the player wanting to sign

There's a fantastic book called Deal Done which is all about transfers written by an agent.  Sadly contract length and value remaining does come into play big time (albeit with a lot of other factors - desirability being a major one.)

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He’s on over £100k a week. It’s never happening.

They are paying Dean Henderson over £100k a week? Really? 

He ain't coming here but I find that hard to believe. Even they aren't that daft are they. 

Funny isn't it how I was told about Balogun back in October and also have been saying Tav has already talked to Leeds for weeks now, and now it's been reported people can't stop discussing it...

Btw no way do we get anywhere near 10m for Tav OR Spence

3 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Because the longer there is left on a players contract the more sway the club has on that players future. Anything more than 3 years probably doesn’t affect the players value that much but as they approach the last 2 years the selling club has only limited windows to cash in or lose for nothing. Because of that pressure to sell they then take less than they would have the previous year.

Also I think Tav only has 18 months on his contract to run.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic