oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

How many players are we allowed to loan? Surely we have reached our quota?

Not sure if there is a max amount of loan players you can have on the books but only 5 can be named in a matchday 18.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

How many players are we allowed to loan? Surely we have reached our quota?

As many as we want, I think, but only 5 can be in the matchday squad.

Sporar, Balogun and Connolly will surely be in every squad when fit.

Hernandez may be in some of the squads.

Siliki probably gets cut to make room.

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

As many as we want, I think, but only 5 can be in the matchday squad.

Sporar, Balogun and Connolly will surely be in every squad when fit.

Hernandez may be in some of the squads.

Siliki probably gets cut to make room.

does that include youth loans?

19 minutes ago, JTG said:

Does anybody else find it strange the number of centre backs we’re being linked with. I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s a priority position, much rather we looked at bringing in a solid gk. I guess it might be because we’re looking to move Hall on.

Just you 😂 no.. all seriousness we probably have Bamba and Peltier not here next year add to that probably Hall gone so we will need more.

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20220111-141708_Instagram.thumb.jpg.58f24b181a60cc3039e1ce7758baa5a2.jpg

There you go.

From my guy who knows about Chelsea

"He is a bit up and down in the French league but an England U21 CB. He was once considered among the best (maybe even the best) in his age group but the European adventure has been a rocky road"

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

Genuine chance of the play-offs at this stage of the season? I reckon 7 times in the last 10 years, including this season.

Edit.

8 times in the last 10 championship seasons.

You've completely misquoted me unless you actually think we had a genuine chance of winning the play offs 8 times out of 10 over the last 10 seasons? If you do, then i vehemently disagree.

1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

From my guy who knows about Chelsea

"He is a bit up and down in the French league but an England U21 CB. He was once considered among the best (maybe even the best) in his age group but the European adventure has been a rocky road"

My only concern is the French second division is worse than the English second division, so it doesn't bode well if he's struggling there.

The language barrier probably hasn't helped him though, even though he might have had a smattering of French with Ivorian parents.

45 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

Genuine chance of the play-offs at this stage of the season? I reckon 7 times in the last 10 years, including this season.

Edit.

8 times in the last 10 championship seasons.

I was going to say, it's quite a lot really when you think about it.

5 minutes ago, Humpty said:

You've completely misquoted me unless you actually think we had a genuine chance of winning the play offs 8 times out of 10 over the last 10 seasons? If you do, then i vehemently disagree.

I kind of see what your getting at, Humpty, but a genuine chance of getting in the play offs in effect gives you a genuine chance of winning them, given its only 2 games of football that are dependant on form and if you like playing at Wembley, please break the curse this year Boro.

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

My only concern is the French second division is worse than the English second division, so it doesn't bode well if he's struggling there.

The language barrier probably hasn't helped him though, even though he might have had a smattering of French with Ivorian parents.

He played 22 games last season when they were relegated. Looks like he got injured in the summer and was out with a knee injury until early november. After he came back he didn't feature in the league squad for the last 6 games but has played three full cup games. 

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah I agree on both points. 

I think he would be a fairly cheap option to get into the club with French football being in the state it is in. Potentially another low cost high ceiling signing, which i'm all in favour for. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic