oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

It can't just be me that has rarely watched McGree or not noticed him when I did watch

Is he worth the reported fee? Surely spells the end for Tav spending that much

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, LBP said:

It can't just be me that has rarely watched McGree or not noticed him when I did watch

Is he worth the reported fee? Surely spells the end for Tav spending that much

Very possible. But as all Boro fans know Gibbo goes all in when he feels there’s a real opportunity for promotion, he must be feeling that under Wilder right now like we all are 

• Like 1

Can see where the tav comparisons have come from. Left footed, good engine, drives forward from midfield and gets you up the pitch. Hoping this doesn’t spell the end for Tav though.

12 minutes ago, sambaDTR said:

Looking at McGree on youtube he looks like he could easily take Tav’s place… if Tav goes.

His corners are better for starters.

(Thanks to the Celtic fan who put it on)!

Albeit only highlights but Tav is the clear better footballer for me

If Wilder's pushing for him though I trust him

2 hours ago, LBP said:

Albeit only highlights but Tav is the clear better footballer for me

If Wilder's pushing for him though I trust him

Looks a snarly Terrier like grafter. I gave up watching the video after 4 minutes, he appears to show a lot of passion and determination but Tav is more composed on the ball. Maybe he is more of a new Grant Leadbitter (happy with that) after watching those clips rather than another Tav?

His corners do look far better than Tavs and if he chips in with a few goals then overall on paper it is probably a tick in the plus column. 

6 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Our Midfield is now pretty stacked. 

Howson/Boyd-Munce

Crooks/Payero 

Tav/McGree

- Payero

Potentially may be going out on loan (no option to buy) if we get 2 players in and our T&C's regarding his full wages are covered. His preference is to back to Argentina but clubs can't afford his full wages but interest also coming from German and Italian clubs who can cover his 18k wages.

Deal is to get him 1st team football and come back for the summer.

Deal makes sense especially if we don't renew Howson contract although talks have begun on that front but it will be even further reduced terms.

Not sure if people are aware but Howson's last contract extension under Warnock, he waved goodbye to 10k a week so the club could afford to sign Duncan Watmore. True reflection on what a top guy Howson is.

• Like 16
8 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Oneboro everywhere. We're massive.

We are oneBoro how many more times!

BTW just had a couple of new forum members from Glasgow join up I wonder why?😉

I think there will be some banter aimed at DZ if I am honest! which is why I have approved them😁

This feels very similar when plenty of new faces arrived under Karanka and when we thought all was done suddenly more arrived.

Not getting too excited as there will be twists and turns but Lundstrum could be the icing on the cake

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Would others agree that we are not going to see JLS in a Boro shirt again?

Would be sad to see him go but Hernandez looks a casualty in all of this.

Writing on the wall for Tav now seems very possible.

Payero what an inigma since he has been here but again another casualty alongside Hennandez.

Hall most likely going I would suspect, when will the cull begin, sooner rather than later?

7 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Boro Fans:   All we do is sign centre midfielders can’t our scouts sign anyone else

Also Boro Fans: Yey!!!! Three New centre midfielders

In fairness we've spent the last 6 years playing as if we didn't have a central midfield, so it was a valid criticism.

Now our style of play relies totally on having 3 high quality CMs, and we look like we might soon have 4-5.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic