oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

15 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

In fairness we've spent the last 6 years playing as if we didn't have a central midfield, so it was a valid criticism.

Now our style of play relies totally on having 3 high quality CMs, and we look like we might soon have 4-5.

Could still do with a howson upgrade in my humble opinion

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

- Payero

Potentially may be going out on loan (no option to buy) if we get 2 players in and our T&C's regarding his full wages are covered. His preference is to back to Argentina but clubs can't afford his full wages but interest also coming from German and Italian clubs who can cover his 18k wages.

Deal is to get him 1st team football and come back for the summer.

Deal makes sense especially if we don't renew Howson contract although talks have begun on that front but it will be even further reduced terms.

Not sure if people are aware but Howson's last contract extension under Warnock, he waved goodbye to 10k a week so the club could afford to sign Duncan Watmore. True reflection on what a top guy Howson is.

Personally really disappointed if this is the case, any idea why we want to loan him in terms of does the manager not like/trust him or is it solely we’d prefer him to be starting regularly? Thanks for the info Digger 

• Like 3

If that's true I actually think it's quite concerning.

He just hasn't settled in England at all and keeps returning to Argentina.

I get it will be frustrating with injuries and not being picked, but I don't think he'll settle any better after 6 months back at home before his return.

5 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Personally really disappointed if this is the case, any idea why we want to loan him in terms of does the manager not like/trust him or is it solely we’d prefer him to be starting regularly? Thanks for the info Digger 

Wilders impressed with his attitude and technical ability but wants to get him 1st team football consistently and push on for next season.

Looking at it from a fans point of view it's disapointing if it comes to fruition as we all have high hopes for him but makes complete sense as I can't see currently how he can drop any of the midfield 3 which just pushes back Player's progression even further.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Could be the player himself has asked for more game time and simply can not be accommodated at this time

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

If that's true I actually think it's quite concerning.

He just hasn't settled in England at all and keeps returning to Argentina.

I get it will be frustrating with injuries and not being picked, but I don't think he'll settle any better after 6 months back at home before his return.

I think that's why the club are exploring other countries. It's players reference to go back home but financially it won't happen atm

Morning all !

Just a quick one! What a time to be a Boro fan with all of these signings/potential signings. It has certainly rekindled some of my interest and I’m really looking forward to the second half of the season. Last time I felt this optimistic was under AK when I was quite obsessed with all things Boro and when I didn’t have a life. 😂

Would be sad to see either of Payero/Tav leave though! 

• Like 1

Payero has just been a bit unlucky tbh. He took a while to settle and (although it feels like ages ago now) he was actually playing really well when he broke into the team. He'd started getting assists and scored, even when we were crap under Warnock.

He got injured right when Wilder came in and Crooks has made himself practically undroppable in the right centre mid slot. Then the one game Payero was nailed on to play in the FA Cup and he gets bloody covid! 

He's our player for the long term - so the question is will he develop better starting every week in Europe, or sitting on our bench? If the player and Wilder think its the former then so be it - I'm confident his time in a Boro shirt will come. 

Edited by SouthernSmoggie
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Wilders impressed with his attitude and technical ability but wants to get him 1st team football consistently and push on for next season.

Looking at it from a fans point of view it's disapointing if it comes to fruition as we all have high hopes for him but makes complete sense as I can't see currently how he can drop any of the midfield 3 which just pushes back Player's progression even further.

If Wilder is impressed by him and he has the right attitude then this makes perfect sense. If he can go to Germany or Italy and become a first team fixture he could be like a new player for next season. As long as his attitude is still right then I'm pleased for him to go on loan and get gametime. Come back in the summer and kick on with a full pre season that's not going to be interupted by a protracted move and the Olympics.

Well this one would be bloody exciting! For those of you who know I’ve become a bit of an FPL addict and Lundstram made himself somewhat of an FPL legend a couple of season ago. Besides that I thought he was a really good player whenever I watched Sheffield United play and was surprised he didn’t stay in the Prem. Does anyone know whether there’s any chance of this happening ?

• Like 1

A young 23 who gives his heart and soul to the club and I feel it sad so many supporters have written Tav off. I may have been critical of his goal tally and final decisions but I still saw a player in development worth investing. I don’t support those that have turned against him. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

A young 23 who gives his heart and soul to the club and I feel it sad so many supporters have written Tav off. I may have been critical of his goal tally and final decisions but I still saw a player in development with investing. I don’t support those that have turned against him. 

In all fairness, I think we have given him enough time to develop.  He made hi debut 5 years ago and I dont think he has developed at the rate we would have liked him to.  At some point i think you have to to cut your losses and say enough is enough.

5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

A young 23 who gives his heart and soul to the club and I feel it sad so many supporters have written Tav off. I may have been critical of his goal tally and final decisions but I still saw a player in development with investing. I don’t support those that have turned against him. 

If Payero is going out on loan with his wages covered, Tav may well be staying. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic