oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

5 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

He actually unbelievably said he is a distant relative of his - again could have been saying that to have got the job! 

Give him the job immediately 💪

• Haha 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Payero said:

Boro have received an 8 figure bid for one of their players, rumours circulating on Teesside believe that the bid has come from none other than Manchester City with star striker Uche Ikpeazu thought to be up for grabs. 

After city's win at Swindon pep guardiola spoke to BBC sport and when asked about Ikpeazu the city boss kept his cards close to his chest. 

"We like the player but he belongs to the boro, he's big, strong and a battering ram, he's better playing off the shoulder and finishes like Ageuro on roids." 

Interesting article.

I’m not, nor ever claimed to be in the know, but… I heard it was a 7 figure fee!

35 minutes ago, Payero said:

Boro have received an 8 figure bid for one of their players, rumours circulating on Teesside believe that the bid has come from none other than Manchester City with star striker Uche Ikpeazu thought to be up for grabs. 

After city's win at Swindon pep guardiola spoke to BBC sport and when asked about Ikpeazu the city boss kept his cards close to his chest. 

"We like the player but he belongs to the boro, he's big, strong and a battering ram, he's better playing off the shoulder and finishes like Ageuro on roids." 

Interesting article.

Pep was not at the swindon game and took no media duties before or after the game. He was isolating having tested positive for covid beforehand.

Note that the joke has not gone over my head. Just wanted to point out some factual errors in the comedy itself.

Edited by TLF10
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Payero said:

That's the latest from our Twitter Sports Correspondent, Payero.

Now over to Batman with the Weather.

good day batman GIF by 1331Creative

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

It is promising though that we are buying players to suit a formation and a style of play rather than whoever we can get our hands on, think that was part of the issue at the start of the season under Neil, we had his Championship stalwarts come in alongside Scotts boys so it all looked very disjointed, not to mention the constant change of formation and tactics.

With Chris he knows how he wants to play week in & week out, and he has a set formation. There might be great players available but if we can't fit them into these positions then it's pointless having them, so I am glad the new regime is sticking to this.

It's why City & Liverpool are so far ahead of Spurs and Utd, they have their way of playing and they demand commitment of the players to press high. Utd especially go for the big name scattergun approach, which is why they can't even find a formation and style that suits Ronaldo, Bruno, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood etc.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, boksicdink said:

He actually unbelievably said he is a distant relative of his - again could have been saying that to have got the job! 

Give him the job for his brass balls alone

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Payero said:

Leeds ready to officially bid for Tav, £8.5m is the fee they are going to offer. Got this from a Leeds mate who knows his stuff.

If that's their opening offer then we are going to get over 10 million. They want him, we don't need to sell, they have Prem money and he is English. I'd hold them to ransom and demand 15 straight up. Might settle for 13. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Payero said:

Leeds ready to officially bid for Tav, £8.5m is the fee they are going to offer. Got this from a Leeds mate who knows his stuff.

When they gunna bid? In the morning?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

This isn’t about Tav being a marmite figure, but if our new model is buy young and sell for a big profit (a la Brentford etc)then u fortunately this will happen. We will sell players that fans think shouldn’t be sold and replace them with lesser known in the hope of restarting the cycle. I guess what I’m saying is IF Tav has to be sold to fund all these signings we’re planning then I’m happy with it as long as we are strengthening the team in the process

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic