oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

10 minutes ago, Payero said:

Leeds ready to officially bid for Tav, £8.5m is the fee they are going to offer. Got this from a Leeds mate who knows his stuff.

If this is true it’s great business, money coming In to get McGree and a good keeper. Would happily take that much

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Payero said:

I reckon the club will settle at 10 

Honestly you are ridiculous, the other day you were adamant we’d take about 6/7 for him. Please stop acting like you have any sort of inside information

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Is there anymore updates on McGree today, anything on his medical or terms have been agreed? 

No updates, but Balogun had his medical yesterday and was announced today.

If McGree is actually having one, it could be similar.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

No updates, but Balogun had his medical yesterday and was announced today.

If McGree is actually having one, it could be similar.

stop stealing my words and posting them before me!

• Haha 2

Now that Balogun has signed I'm expecting to see some of our strikers leave. Ikpeazu has no future here so hopefully we get a satisfactory offer as soon as possible. Hernandez is only needed as back up cover for RWB but I think he'll find a move elsewhere soon as he doesn't fit into Wilder's formation. If he does leave then we're going to sort out some RWB cover, just incase Jones gets injured. Whether that's another RWB or a CB - such as Panzo to play at LCB - so that we can push Dijksteel to RWB, it remains to be seen. We'll probably need a CB regardless if we find someone to take Grant Hall tbh. Coburn will really benefit from a loan in League One or Two so it would be promising to see him leave also.

Selling Tavernier for £8.5m and replacing him with McGree for a lower fee would make a lot of sense.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

This isn’t about Tav being a marmite figure, but if our new model is buy young and sell for a big profit (a la Brentford etc)then u fortunately this will happen. We will sell players that fans think shouldn’t be sold and replace them with lesser known in the hope of restarting the cycle. I guess what I’m saying is IF Tav has to be sold to fund all these signings we’re planning then I’m happy with it as long as we are strengthening the team in the process

You're right, mate. I don't mind as long as we sell for an adequate sum and purchase as good (or potential we can develop in good time) for less. If we think we can get two good players for every one we sell one then the model will work itself out eventually, for sure.

The problem I have personally is with some people's idea Tav could or should be sold for £5m when apparently we're open to buying a replacement for a similar amount. These are Prem clubs looking at Tav and we're looking to buy from the MLS. We'd be better off keeping Tav and not getting involved if the two fees were so similar. Player sales have to be made worth our while.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You're right, mate. I don't mind as long as we sell for an adequate sum and purchase as good (or potential we can develop in good time) for less. If we think we can get two good players for every one we sell one then the model will work itself out eventually, for sure.

The problem I have personally is with some people's idea Tav could or should be sold for £5m when apparently we're open to buying a replacement for a similar amount. These are Prem clubs looking at Tav and we're looking to buy from the MLS. We'd be better off keeping Tav and not getting involved if the two fees were so similar. Player sales have to be made worth our while.

Yea agree.

2 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Long as we don’t pay 7 million for another Saville or whatever it was

did't we try to buy someone alongside Saville, a double deal that hit the wall?

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic