oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Naisby said:

From the scraps I’ve seen on the net, here and on the mentioned Celtic board it seems like Boro were about 1/2-1/4 £m off Charlottes valuation but we were getting close, Celtic came in and doubled our initial bid and offered good personal terms, as such both Charlotte and his agent pushed the Celtic deal. It seems though that the player likes the Celtic setup but really wants to stay in England.

If that’s true it shows the dangers of haggling too much when you are close. I suppose Celtic could have still come in whilst we were waiting for medical etc. but it does sound as though the small price valuation difference could have cost us either the signing, or a lot more money. There’s a fine balance between not getting rolled over and trying to extract the last £ from negotiating.

It's funny how our supporters see fans of other teams as 'deluded' for making the exact same claims that I'm pretty sure many of us would make about our own team.

• Like 2

Would be a bit gutted if Tav goes but would be for the best if we can get a decent fee with only a year on his contract after this season. This McGree looks like he's in a similar mould: technically good, hard worker off the ball, left footed and Championship experience. If we can essentially use Tav's sale to buy two players that slot right in then it softens the blow.

Also feel like us adding to the wage bill with the prem loans means that Hernandez will be on his way out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tom said:

It's funny how our supporters see fans of other teams as 'deluded' for making the exact same claims that I'm pretty sure many of us would make about our own team.

There’ll be no more of that now Tom. We are the best….. and that’s it ….. no delusions here 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Tom said:

What are you talking about 'deluded'... we're just two seasons away from another Europa League final! 🤠

• Haha 4
8 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

I do feel like the Tav deal will go all the way till deadline day 

As it should. We are in no way needing to sell Tav. Hold out for an outstanding deal or keep him fo the rest of the season push. 

What is Celtic’s financial situation like? Seen a few off their board saying it’s not the first time they’ve been edged out on wages by a championship club. I’d have thought they’d have more financial clout than us but maybe not.

Or perhaps they just don’t think he’s worth what we’re offering him and have thought better of it?

I can't imagine much stranger divisions to play in when it comes to success. It's insane to look back through history and see the last team other than the two Glasgow teams to win a title was in the 80s. The 80s were a challenging time for them but even when they struggled, the Glasgow teams have won the title at least 60% of the time in every decade of Scottish League history going all the way back to the beginning in 1890-91.

But then when it comes to Europe, they seem to year on year have less and less chance of getting anywhere. This ability to be the best at beating relative fodder does very little for them.

I would like to see how they'd do after 10-20 years if they got put in at Championship level in our own league system. No doubt that they'd make it in the Prem but with that backing, would they go on to challenge the teams at the top of our own league system? I reckon they could. Everything else about those clubs is kind of there to do just that. But no top players these days are going to want to play in the SPL.

1 minute ago, JTG said:

What is Celtic’s financial situation like? Seen a few off their board saying it’s not the first time they’ve been edged out on wages by a championship club. I’d have thought they’d have more financial clout than us but maybe not.

Or perhaps they just don’t think he’s worth what we’re offering him and have thought better of it?

They lost McGinn to Villa if I remember correctly. They're a historic club with small finances trapped in a league that's become increasingly irrelevant. Although I have been paying attention to the SPL more now that it's a two team league maybe it will have a renaissance in the future...

How do people think Boro will line up with the addition of the new lads? I can see Balogun starting with Sporar up front most games and McGee replacing Tav in midfield. Munce an option from the bench along with Connelly. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic