oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

4 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

It’s funny how much their fans are changing their minds on him as more comes out one moment is screw him we only want players that will die for the badge and next minute it’s he’s the hero for choosing them

Like every player Boro wanted to sign who decided to go elsewhere - Bolasie for example when we wanted him under Pulis.  Joe Bryan when he scarpered.  Loads of players who are great signings until they might be going somewhere else and then they become rubbish, only to become good again if they end up here.

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

It’s funny how much their fans are changing their minds on him as more comes out one moment is screw him we only want players that will die for the badge and next minute it’s he’s the hero for choosing them

Our fans do the exact same thing to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well we signed Derek Whyte and Chris Morris from them.  Payton and Mowbray went the other direction.  We were supposed to be getting John Collins from them after we were promoted under Robson while he was their best player essentially.  I think he went to Monaco in the end though, and we signed different players like Barmby, Juninho, etc.

Celtic's revenue is about three times ours, even now.  They are clearly hamstrung by the league they play in but still dwarf us despite this.

my mate in the army laughed about us signed them. he said their defense was nicknamed the civ when they were playing for them. lol. but yes we agree celtic are still currently much lager club financially. might not stay that way for 20 years though. sad if they do fall even further 

its worrying well ran clubs trying to keep the figures right, lke norwich brentford burnley are heading south more often. if you spend to much fulham, palace, watford. your going to be in a bad way if you dount bounce back. i think burnely norwich and watford will go down. will they bounce back?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Our fans do the exact same thing to be fair.

It's the transfer window on social media. If it's not radically changing your mind about a player every 5 minutes as they flit from potentially going to one club or the other, it's lists of the biggest clubs in a given area of the country not including literally the biggest club in that area or just chanting 'sign some *** players' at your club's admin.

I feel sorry for the match-fixers who don't just have their usual hidden tweets to deal with but now they're being pushed right to the bottom of all this crap as well for this month.

7 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

its worrying well ran clubs trying to keep the figures right, lke norwich brentford burnley are heading south more often. if you spend to much fulham, palace, watford. your going to be in a bad way if you dount bounce back. i think burnely norwich and watford will go down. will they bounce back?

Death, taxes and Norwich City bouncing back to the prem on the 1st attempt are the only givens in life, except Shay of course.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

my mate in the army laughed about us signed them. he said their defense was nicknamed the civ when they were playing for them. lol. but yes we agree celtic are still currently much lager club financially. might not stay that way for 20 years though. sad if they do fall even further 

I think they will because the a lot of the support is more than about football.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well we signed Derek Whyte and Chris Morris from them.  Payton and Mowbray went the other direction.  We were supposed to be getting John Collins from them after we were promoted under Robson while he was their best player essentially.  I think he went to Monaco in the end though, and we signed different players like Barmby, Juninho, etc.

Celtic's revenue is about three times ours, even now.  They are clearly hamstrung by the league they play in but still dwarf us despite this.

When we didn't buy Collins we were in premier league with new stadium and probably the most attractive we have ever been. 

Whyte and Morris were on their way out of Celtic at Celtic's own choice, if it wasn't us it was going to be someone else.

They are hamstrung by their league and that's why players choose to go to a different league, in particular England. That will only get worse. 

Celtic will never get the quality of Larsson etc again.

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

So where has Gibson found all this money?

we've been cutting the wage bill down for an age about time we went for it again. this time we'll have to cut our cloth if its not looking like promotion next season. same as previously. 

57 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why would he get more game time in Germany or Italy than he is getting here?  Maybe there are second tier sides over there willing to pick up all of his wages but it seems quite a lot to me?  If he ends up going to a first tier side and playing then how exactly isn't he getting into our team?  Strange one.

I was think that if a team wants him on loan and pay 18k a week (which will only be top tier clubs) it’s because they actually want to play him. I’m also counting on boro to check if the team wants him as backup or starter. 

Just now, TheHolgate said:

When we didn't buy Collins we were in premier league with new stadium and probably the most attractive we have ever been. 

Whyte and Morris were on their way out of Celtic at Celtic's own choice, if it wasn't us it was going to be someone else.

They are hamstrung by their league and that's why players choose to go to a different league, in particular England. That will only get worse. 

Celtic will never get the quality of Larsson etc again.

We didn't buy Collins because we bought other players, like Barmby, Juninho, Emerson, and he went to Monaco instead.  Fair enough I would say on both our part and his?

Celtic might never get the quality of Larsson, that doesn't mean that players will be turning them down for League One though.  Larsson was a pretty good player, not sure we've had that many here as good as him over the years.  Celtic will always be a big club because the reasons for their support are not based on football.  To put it into some context, we do about £1.5m in merchandising business.  Celtic do about £20m.  We're not in the same galaxy as them in regards to support etc.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

So where has Gibson found all this money?

One of the truly remarkable things about the club at present is the clever tactics on show. Negotiate hard instead of being bent over and lubed up, bring in loan deals with options to buy if the player lives up to expectations, cultivate existing contacts at other clubs, get business done early to avoid overpaying at the 11th hour, fit players into a defined squad structure rather than signing players who don't fit and won't get a chance (Roberts, van la Parra, etc).

Of course it helps that we finally have a manager with a good reputation in the game, for the first time in aeons.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic