oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Playing three at the back do we need an out and out DM? Or is that necessary for Wilders overlapping centre backs; the DM drops into defense? I can't seem to remember how it looked like on the video of the tactics. You definately need legs, power and workrate from your midfield three with at least one of them being creative going forward.

Looking at Heatmaps it doesn't suggest that Howson plays much deeper to be fair, but his touches are definitely concentrated to the centre of the pitch and remain pretty static. Whereas the other two midfielders have a greater spattering around the pitch suggesting they have a bit more freedom. You'd be locking up the potential of midfielders like Mcgree and Payero if you stuck them in a similar disciplined role in my opinion.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

The way WIlder straight batted the "what other positions are you looking at" screams GK to me

I know the Boro Breakdown Podcasters (great pod btw) read OneBoro and they recently mentioned Nathan Baxter and I think is 100% the type of GK we should probably look for in the summer

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, WirelessBoro said:

I’d echo the need for a mobile, left footed LCB. It’d allow Dijksteel to cover at RWB and McNair to go RCB if Jones missed a game.  

I'd rather just try and give Wood another chance if Dijksteel has to move out to cover for Jones. I appreciate he didn't have the best of games against Mansfield, but he hasn't played much this season, and he is our own talented player. Give him some gametime instead of Peltier and Bamba. He could well be our next Fry/Gibson.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
16 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I'd rather just try and give Wood another chance if Dijksteel has to move out to cover for Jones. I appreciate he didn't have the best of games against Mansfield, but he hasn't played much this season, and he is our own talented player. Give him some gametime instead of Peltier and Bamba. He could well be our next Fry/Gibson.

I’d actually forgotten about Wood! I agree. I was really disappointed by some of the comments after the Mansfield game. He has all the physical attributes of a top quality, modern centre back. 

Edit: Perhaps this is Wilder’s thinking, essentially ruling out another loan move by playing him against Mansfield.

5 minutes ago, WirelessBoro said:

I’d actually forgotten about Wood! I agree. I was really disappointed by some of the comments after the Mansfield game. He has all the physical attributes of a top quality, modern centre back. 

Edit: Perhaps this is Wilder’s thinking, essentially ruling out another loan move by playing him against Mansfield.

He couldn't be loaned out again anyway, he played in our cup defeat to Blackpool.

I think we'll see a handful of appearances from Wood as the season progresses.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Payero said:

Boro have to Leeds to **** off in regards to tav, they have moved on and are looking at Buckley from Blackburn 

You are something else 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was nice to read Wilders comments regarding the recent articles about Boro overspending and potential FFP rule violations being false. Stopp it in the tracks.

It good to hear we haven't needed to offer outlandish fees or wages for players over other clubs, or that we are spending beyond the books for FFP considering Gibson and his strict views on it. Really shows how attractive the club is to play at, and how little research or effort is put into journalism these days to pass something off as a story.

• Like 1
Just now, DevKWat said:

I just hope nobody actually believes a word he says 

Well, I know I don't make very many posts, and there's a reason for that.  I'm here to learn.  And, honestly, it doesn't take too long to figure out which of you contributors are worth taking at face value, and which can be safely ignored... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic