oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

still has onel in that training vid. guess riley has been with us most of the week

Was just about to post this. Onel has trained with Brum (presumably today, could even have been yesterday). So I imagine McGree has has 2/3 days training with us.

20F2E0D2-F7EC-4D74-962A-B830BBF7836D.png

• Like 1

WTF is going on with us right now?? I don’t get it. Because, from what I can figure out from the transfer market so far, is that we seem organised, know who, or what type of player we want. Have figured out which players either don’t fit the system or simply aren’t good enough for what we want to achieve and we are in the process of getting rid. Even if they are ‘nice guys’ or ‘work hard’. We even seem to be attracting proper players, rather than the usual old journeymen or mercenaries. It’s like we’re a proper football club with a proper manager and a proper director of football. We even have players choosing to come to us over other clubs (without a ten mil signing on fee). Unheard of. This just isn’t Boro. Wilder seems to have not only come in and has us winning games, but also worked out who or what type of player he wants and who’s not gonna make the grade. No messing. After initially being wary, Im beginning to think we really might’ve stumbled across a decent manager here, not only that, but one who can really connect to the team, the fan base and the area over all and we could actually have a guy who could be with us for a good few years. He’s even bloody smiling these days. Yes, I’ve had a few, but I’m so impressed by how well things seem to be going right now, I just had to share. We do defo need a goalkeeper tho 😁

• Like 13
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't honestly know how you've come to that conclusion, to be honest. Looks like people are just revelling in some bitter Celtic fan comments.

Haven't seen much talk about the lad as a player yet, probably because a lot of fans won't really know much about him. I certainly don't beyond 3 minutes of footage, I don't remember him from the Brum game earlier this season either. Admittedly that must have been hard to stand out as an individual as the ball seemed to spend more time in the air in that game than any other game at the Riverside this season.

I’ve wanted us to sign mcgree for about 2 years tbf. He is literally the exact player boro fans love. 100% effort, direct, likes to push forward from midfield and isn’t afraid to shoot. I consider him to be an upgrade on tav.

i can entirely understand uk based fans not knowing much about him mind you! Australian league is starting to get scouted a lot by Scottish teams, so I think a few more will get picked up over the next few years. Nathaniel Atkinson has gone to hearts, who would’ve been a good signing as well. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Mind if I just tidy it up a little bit Grimsby?

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles
To play for Middlesbrough

Riley McGree! Riley McGree! Riley McGree! Riley McGree di di da di di dum di di dum dum dum da

Shouldn't it be "..HE would walk 500 miles......"?

Unless it is intended for McGree to sing it himself?

Pleased with the signings we've made so far, hopefully they can do the business on the pitch now.

Still think we are light/weak in a few areas notably in goal and I do think we could do with a left footed centre half. But as it stands I think we are in a real good spot to mount a proper promotion push.

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Pleased with the signings we've made so far, hopefully they can do the business on the pitch now.

Still think we are light/weak in a few areas notably in goal and I do think we could do with a left footed centre half. But as it stands I think we are in a real good spot to mount a proper promotion push.

There's still two weeks left in the window, so I'm hopeful of a surprise or two before it closes!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, AllBoro10 said:

Could mean absolutely nothing and after hearing Wilders comments on Payero today it probably does but Payero has just put see you soon amigo on his insta story presumably to a friend from back home. Just thought it was worth noting 

The guy in the photo is Carlos Mercado, who on his insta profile has him working for HB futbol elite, which is Payeros agent.  

So could just be saying see you later after a visit from him. Or there could be more to it. 

6 hours ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

Shouldn't it be "..HE would walk 500 miles......"?

Unless it is intended for McGree to sing it himself?

Good point, continual refinement, just like Boro!

But he would walk 500 miles
And he would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles
To play for Middlesbrough

Riley McGree! Riley McGree! Riley McGree! Riley McGree di di da di di dum di di dum dum dum da

• Like 2

I can see that would definitely wind up Celtic fans. 😂

But since they're not likely to see it unless someone posts it on Celtic's Twitter feed or something, I came up with an alternative:

Travelling in a fried out Kombi,

Up Dockside Road, full of zombies,

To meet a nice chairman, who made contact,

To offer me a nice new contract,

And he said...

Do you come from the land Down Under,

Where bush tucker makes you chunder,

Its Chris Wilder you'll be working under,

We've got Tav to provide cover,

If anyone can finish the song...have at it!

Oh and the jocks are definitely a bit salty about us beating them for his signature...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/celtic-taunted-over-riley-mcgree-25951834

• Like 2
10 hours ago, sanddancer said:

People would think we signed Salah. Far to much of a big up for my liking which is raising peoples expectations.  

Tends to happen with most signings, people get excited over a YouTube video and a few stats. I remember when we signed Morsey and people were saying he was a far better version of Clayton when he was in his prime. 

At our level, with the modest fees we are paying most signings are gambles and we're probably going to get as many bad signings as we are good. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't honestly know how you've come to that conclusion, to be honest. Looks like people are just revelling in some bitter Celtic fan comments.

Haven't seen much talk about the lad as a player yet, probably because a lot of fans won't really know much about him. I certainly don't beyond 3 minutes of footage, I don't remember him from the Brum game earlier this season either. Admittedly that must have been hard to stand out as an individual as the ball seemed to spend more time in the air in that game than any other game at the Riverside this season.

I admit to be caught up in the excitement so much so I am spending much more time then I should trawling information. It feels like I have been released from the cellar and entered utopia and struggling to take it all in. It’s woken the belief and given me hope. I feel a spring in my step, light at the end of the tunnel a hunger for the next game. I also know the reality it will take time and cautious of comments about Tav so feel we should allow the guy time and not burden him with the weight of expectations. 

I feel good! 

I Feel Good Reggaeton GIF by Pitbull

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Tends to happen with most signings, people get excited over a YouTube video and a few stats. I remember when we signed Morsey and people were saying he was a far better version of Clayton when he was in his prime. 

At our level, with the modest fees we are paying most signings are gambles and we're probably going to get as many bad signings as we are good. 

True and that’s the point I am making. The other I have plans to visit Glasgow 😂

9 hours ago, El1986 said:

WTF is going on with us right now?? I don’t get it. Because, from what I can figure out from the transfer market so far, is that we seem organised, know who, or what type of player we want. Have figured out which players either don’t fit the system or simply aren’t good enough for what we want to achieve and we are in the process of getting rid. Even if they are ‘nice guys’ or ‘work hard’. We even seem to be attracting proper players, rather than the usual old journeymen or mercenaries. It’s like we’re a proper football club with a proper manager and a proper director of football. We even have players choosing to come to us over other clubs (without a ten mil signing on fee). Unheard of. This just isn’t Boro. Wilder seems to have not only come in and has us winning games, but also worked out who or what type of player he wants and who’s not gonna make the grade. No messing. After initially being wary, Im beginning to think we really might’ve stumbled across a decent manager here, not only that, but one who can really connect to the team, the fan base and the area over all and we could actually have a guy who could be with us for a good few years. He’s even bloody smiling these days. Yes, I’ve had a few, but I’m so impressed by how well things seem to be going right now, I just had to share. We do defo need a goalkeeper tho 😁

We have entered UTOPIA 

Glow Sci Fi GIF by Yizr

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic