oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

How long is left on Tav’s contract as imo as a player a loan to another championship side would do him the world of good. There is a good player in their but something needs to change to bring it out.

managers have come and gone styles have changed and Tav has ridden them all, that’s the sign that within him people know it’s there, going to another team for a bit where the baggage on him isn’t so big I think will make him.

I think he a bit like Alan Kernaghan was years ago, valued and thought highly of but always moved around positions or as a super sub. The loan to Charlton was the making of him, the fact Charlton boss Lennie Lawrence swapped clubs was the only reason he didn’t go, but from then on he was a different player, eventually earning international caps and a move to Man City if I remember rightly.

• Wow 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Unfortunately, I think if this happened either Riley McGree or Payero would come in and impress..

That wouldn't be unfortunate, I'd be happy to be proven wrong and us find that one of our most talented and valuable players is replaceable from within our current squad. I guess it's just, as excited as I am about McGree and everything I've heard, I'm left wondering why he wasn't a consistent starter in a really poor Birmingham side? Why if he can replace Tav easily were the Prem teams interested in Tav not chasing him?

3 minutes ago, Naisby said:

How long is left on Tav’s contract as imo as a player a loan to another championship side would do him the world of good. There is a good player in their but something needs to change to bring it out.

OK now I've heard it all. Loaning out one of our most important players for him to improve. Why not improve here while at the same time being so important? 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

managers have come and gone styles have changed and Tav has ridden them all, that’s the sign that within him people know it’s there, going to another team for a bit where the baggage on him isn’t so big I think will make him.

I think he a bit like Alan Kernaghan was years ago, valued and thought highly of but always moved around positions or as a super sub. The loan to Charlton was the making of him, the fact Charlton boss Lennie Lawrence swapped clubs was the only reason he didn’t go, but from then on he was a different player, eventually earning international caps and a move to Man City if I remember rightly.

Why would we loan somebody tav? He’s in our first 11 and even if Mcgree was to get into the team ahead of him, Tav would probably be one of the first subs on. We’d also be strengthening a rival

2 minutes ago, Will said:

That wouldn't be unfortunate, I'd be happy to be proven wrong and us find that one of our most talented and valuable players is replaceable from within our current squad. I guess it's just, as excited as I am about McGree and everything I've heard, I'm left wondering why he wasn't a consistent starter in a really poor Birmingham side? Why if he can replace Tav easily were the Prem teams interested in Tav not chasing him?

To be fair friend said he was the best in training under Karanka so maybe he was just unlucky or maybe something behind the scenes

Just now, Borodane said:

OK now I've heard it all. Loaning out one of our most important players for him to improve. Why not improve here while at the same time being so important? 

I don’t rate him or what he brings to the team at the minute as highly as you, I don’t think he getting any better either. He an asset to the club but I think unless he improves he will soon be no more than an impact sub.

id like to see him make that step up, you see glimpses of it but it’s not consistent. 

43 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Why not? 

I do agree he has improved under Wilder though. Still needs to get more assists/goals though, which he did at the weekend so hopefully he can kick on from here. That’s literally the only thing missing from his game.

crooks is cool infront of goal. tav has always been wild. he panics and just smashes everything. he can score, he has a decent shot but he doesnt and likely never will have the composure to score many each season. he'll get a few assists but we shouldnt be expecting one every game off him. 

6 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I don't know anything about the Kernaghan situation but Tav is starting every game and playing the full 90 and the manager thinks he's a special player, going by his comments after the Reading game. I think there's only one place he's going to get better for our team too and that's by being here and continuing to work under this coaching staff. I know getting away for a bit isn't the worst thing in the world to do but I don't think it would be of much benefit to him right now.

Having said that, Wilder already said McGree would have been involved on Saturday, even if only on the bench, had his international clearance come through. I think Tav might start to see less game-time soon. I think that could well be something he needs, a bit of genuine competition in the team. As @Will says, if nothing else, we may all appreciate much more what we're missing when he's out of the team but I hope McGree comes in and takes the bull by the horns.

• Like 2

We have went from selling Tav to the premier league to loaning him out to a divisional even though he plays every game for us. Our fan base. Utterly mental. Leave the lad alone, he’s doing just fine and had his best game for a while on Saturday. The signing off McGree will hopefully ignite him.

• Like 10
3 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

We have went from selling Tav to the premier league to loaning him out to a divisional even though he plays every game for us. Our fan base. Utterly mental. Leave the lad alone, he’s doing just fine and had his best game for a while on Saturday. The signing off McGree will hopefully ignite him.

He started playing well after we went behind. He’s got so much potential, just hope he doesn’t let the stick he gets sometimes affect him too much 

4 hours ago, estonpidge said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19841170.boro-players-18-months-left-contracts/?ref=ebls 

Echo on the players with 18 months left of their contracts. If Tav and Dael won't sign a new deal then the club will be forced into selling sooner or later. The others can go now, or as soon as we have replacements in.

Interesting the Echo has Tav and Fry expiring June 2023, but yet the Gazette wrote in Nov that they expire June 2024. Which is it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-squad-contract-expiry-dates-22201169.amp

*further research suggests he's signed till summer 2023. Could he have a team option year?

I don’t think the stick bothers him that much, I think he needs something to bring out the confidence he has of himself maybe, it’s not lack of skill, dedication etc it’s that final act that he seems to almost debate with himself what to do, then if he messes up he starts to rush things.

Thats why I suggest a loan spell, not to get him out of the club or to sell for funds, but a spell where he can go and find himself. Once he does he will be some player, but he needs to find himself first and I think with the options we have that will take longer here with competition for places.

30 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I don’t think the stick bothers him that much, I think he needs something to bring out the confidence he has of himself maybe, it’s not lack of skill, dedication etc it’s that final act that he seems to almost debate with himself what to do, then if he messes up he starts to rush things.

Thats why I suggest a loan spell, not to get him out of the club or to sell for funds, but a spell where he can go and find himself. Once he does he will be some player, but he needs to find himself first and I think with the options we have that will take longer here with competition for places.

He’s already had to adapt from Warnock to Wilder - very different styles of play and expectations. Under Warnock, I think he was encouraged to take on players (even when it wasn’t really a good option) and take pot shots and that made him look poorer than he is. Under Wilder, we are seeing less shooting, more movement and now some good crosses. If he goes anywhere else, apart from the points made in previous posts, he would have to adapt again to another manager. Can’t see why that would help him when he came back to Wilders Boro again. Far better to continue under the current coaching staff to develop what we are now seeing. I fully expect him to continue to improve over the rest of the season.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic