oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

Unless a major target becomes available or we get an unexpected bid, I think it will be a case of outgoings before incomings.

McGree I think will have pushed us as far as we can go atm, Onel going off the books will help significantly but it will take others big and small if we are going to get a significant target.

Expecting Browne & Ikpeazu to be gone by end of the week given what Wilder said about them.

I think Siliki's loan will be terminated after the AFCON finishes.

Then I guess it will depend on one leaving before one comes in.

Hall goes we bring in a left-footed defender.

If Daniels go we bring in another keeper.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Sad times, football is steadily losing its tradition

It is but times move on, it was certain posts on her earlier or yesterday that made me realise that I’ve been watching and supporting the Boro for over 40 years. 

Lots of posters on here won’t have been around at the days of Ayresome Park, or seeing the squad running past you on Eston Nab or on Redcar beach.

numbers 1-11 were sacred numbers back then now 43 is just as important as number 1 or 10

• Like 3
1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

Expecting Browne & Ikpeazu to be gone by end of the week given what Wilder said about them.

I think Siliki's loan will be terminated after the AFCON finishes.

Then I guess it will depend on one leaving before one comes in.

Hall goes we bring in a left-footed defender.

If Daniels go we bring in another keeper.

Siliki going to be a tough one to get out if all the contract obligation rumours are true.

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

More ridiculous whining from Celtic fans

https://celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/we-didnt-like-the-player-who-is-coming-stunning-comments-that-show-celtic-may-have-dodged-a-3m-bullet/

He missed the point that the "Sporting Director" of the Club that sold him made a £2.5M profit without McGree so much as kicking a ball for them. 

That Celtic fans would now rather forlornly cling to and desperately believe the judgement of a Sporting Director of a Club who have yet to play a game over the Celtic Manager who actually knows the lad is borderline comical. It obviously must still be hurting really bad up in the East End of Glasgow.

The headline only uses half of what he actually said which totally changes its meaning. Sneaky.

11 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Siliki going to be a tough one to get out if all the contract obligation rumours are true.

Presumably the Boro angle will be that we just won't play him to ensure the obligations aren't met and that depreciates the value of their player further.

They gain next to nothing beyond saved wages from him staying here if he's not playing and we're not buying.

It's a very strange situation with him.

I hope it's resolved amicably.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I think the fact he's still a Boro player right now tells you how difficult it is to get rid of him, doesn't it? No doubt how Wilder feels having said we want rid.

My guess would be it's a somewhat similar situation to Hernandez, in that he needs to find another club to go to before we can get shot and we may need to help him find that.

AFCON will be a problem in getting that move sorted too. I don't wish him ill in his country's tournament but it may well be the case that they need to get knocked out soon for us to sort something out in time!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Yeah also the rumours that the obligation is really easy to hit too.

With McGree in he is likely not even going to make the bench. “Easy” could well be 10-15 games which would be really easy if was as good as we had hoped. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic