oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Just now, CanadianBoro said:

I find it hard to believe that article about Spence is accurate. Yesterday Spence was worth 10m and we were trying to figure out where that number came from. Now we're asking for 15m!!!. Who in the organization did this reporter talk too? Haha. 

Here's a hint: They didn't talk to anyone and they made it up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Blanco said:

That will be too late. The window will have closed before that game

My bad, maybe he can open talks for a move in the summer then 😆

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The most likely outcome, but it's less fun that way.

This was from 2020, as far as I know there was absolutely no concrete interest in the summer.

Tottenham boss Mourinho keen on Middlesbrough's Djed Spence, Championship side Middlesbrough are increasingly resigned to losing Djed Spence this summer

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

if man utd were linked it would be 30million. because its spurs they just say 15mill. the rich clubs onlypay top dollar.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

£18m will more than do me lol

(Just so we're clear, there's absolutely no way Spence is worth even half of that.)

Well thats a bit more than the Mars bar and packet of Quavers were were originally hoping for. 😉

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Well thats a bit more than the Mars bar and packet of Quavers were were originally hoping for. 😉

A pear drop and a taxi to anywhere was the last offer I heard.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The most likely outcome, but it's less fun that way.

This was from 2020, as far as I know there was absolutely no concrete interest in the summer.

Tottenham boss Mourinho keen on Middlesbrough's Djed Spence, Championship side Middlesbrough are increasingly resigned to losing Djed Spence this summer

You'd think if there were any genuine interest someone would have put a bid in by now. Or possibly it was just a failed attempt by Warnock to offload him?

Just now, AnglianRed said:

You'd think if there were any genuine interest someone would have put a bid in by now. Or possibly it was just an attempt by Warnock to offload him?

I don't think Warnock had any issues with him at the point in time.

Mourinho said he liked Spence after we played them in the cup, I expect journalists just took that and span a yarn about Spurs wanting to sign him in the summer.

I actually expect that's the same reason Roma are being linked with him now.

I'd be happy if the rumours are true this time, but we see time and time again that journalists often have very little genuine insight in to club transfers and piece together what they can from scraps.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Will said:

Could equally go in the match day thread, but given the chat about Tav in here yesterday I thought I'd pop it in here. I think the thing the surprises/impresses me most in these highlights is the huge variety of positions Tav shows for and gets the ball in. 

100% agree. He is playing a different role from the attacking one he played earlier. He is more of a deep lying playmaker now whose job it is to get players involved and switch the point of attack. Wilder clearly rates him and that's the proof in the pudding. I also love seeing his passionate reactions when we score late goals. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Naisby said:

Imagine the quality of Keepers we could get for that. A good solid dependable keeper is what we have lacked since Schwarzer left, other keepers like that have come and gone and shown us what a keeper brings. Sadly it’s too long since we have had a keeper like that let alone two who can compete.

You forgot Darren Randolph and his Weekly Worldies!

10 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Interesting article about the whole Derby carry on. Wonder if we banking on them getting taken over soon and us getting some kind of settlement

Sounds like the other way around, there will need to be a settlement before any takeover of Derby. 

1 minute ago, CanadianBoro said:

Sounds like the other way around, there will need to be a settlement before any takeover of Derby. 

i'd take 5-10m from them and 15m for Spence. 

removes any need for us to sell key players over the next 18 months for FFP

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic