oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

The amount of coverage Boro get on the sky EFL podcast is laughable. They just brush over us so quickly while waxing lyrical about Blackburns form. Mind I’d rather us sneak under the radar. 

thats because they ae pushing the auto spots now. in 10 games time when we are they will be creaming over us.

7 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

The amount of coverage Boro get on the sky EFL podcast is laughable. They just brush over us so quickly while waxing lyrical about Blackburns form. Mind I’d rather us sneak under the radar. 

We get that treatment from a lot of podcasts, I like the Totally Football League pod but they barely mentioned us this week, always obsessing over Forest (mainly because the presenter is a huge Forest fan) but it's becoming every week now so it's getting a bit tedious, Cooper has done a very good job but to spend so much time talking about a 1-0 win when Millwall were arguably the better team is a bit tedious, they love to talk about Spence every week. Then when it came to discussing Derby he agreed with Wycombes claims but not ours...

If you want something a bit less biased then the Not The Top 20 podcast are very good, I find they are quite fair to all teams, and have given us plenty of talking time, they recently did their mid season predictions for the top 6 and relegation places and we featured heavily in that so I would give that a listen.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

We always sit in this netherworld of attention. Not big enough to be one of the big fellas, but too big to be called plucky.

To be brutally honest... I take little interest in the rest of the Championship outside of Boro so have never tried any lower league pods. They're all rivals and I only want them to do poorly in relation to us - cba to sit hear about great any of them supposedly are! The only Championship pod I listen to is 'Boro Breakdown.'

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

To be brutally honest... I take little interest in the rest of the Championship outside of Boro so have never tried any lower league pods. They're all rivals and I only want them to do poorly in relation to us - cba to sit hear about great any of them supposedly are! The only Championship pod I listen to is 'Boro Breakdown.'

Boro Breakdown is by far the best boro podcast. 

Just now, Naisby said:

oh For a new Transfer rumour, I don’t know about ewe but I’m fed up with the only links to Boro being those connected to the plight of the Rams.

This is the issue with being efficient and doing your business early... At least under Pulis Warnock etc we'd have something to complain about and we'd be looking at our 6th and 7th string targets. Competency is boring 😞 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Naisby said:

oh For a new Transfer rumour, I don’t know about ewe but I’m fed up with the only links to Boro being those connected to the plight of the Rams.

Yes we need a new one, can't see much happening though till a few leave.  Personally would love to see a gk, lcb, and a dcm cone in have a right go second half of the season and in the worst case we don't go up, they are all settled for next season.  Just pie in the sky probably though....... utfb

• Like 1

I'm pretty confident a Championship club will panic-buy Uche on deadline day. Browne is a shrewd loan for someone, that'll happen. JLS needs to go for the sake of his career as he'll probably never play for us now... but guess it depends when he returns from AFCON. Hall and Daniels are tough sells.

If a few of those happen I reckon we get another defender of two in on deadline day.

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic