oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

2 hours ago, Smoggy-in-VA said:

I keep logging in to check on the transfer thread...but then I remember that we have shopped early. I love competence...but it's so less exciting.

“The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - Any other business?”

“The January Transfer Window thread any other year - Any  business at all?”  Hey - it’s not 31st January 8.00pm yet - just wait and see. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

7 hours ago, boksicdink said:

I used to love Quickly Kevin but as soon as it got a Patreon it just seemed to disappear up it’s own **** a bit. I really struggle with the forced Scull laugh.

best football podcasts

Boro Breakdown - best Boro specific pod. 

Golazzo - has the Channel 4 music and James Richardson, amazing for anyone who likes Italian football - episodes have run dry.

Second Tier Pod - championship specific pod, usually very good and everyone gets some coverage, although the Derby bias is starting to slip out a bit

Ignore my Second Tier Pod recommendation  - theyve just gone in two footed on Gibson calling him "pathetic", "petty" and a "bully". so that's the end of that"

2 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

@ScarBoro i do like an optimist 

The business already done has made me pretty optimistic. I wouldn’t be surprised though if there is still  last day activity. Sometimes clubs insist on getting their other deals done before selling/buying your player or the one you want.    Think Siliki could be a last minute deal by someone for example, trying to get him on the cheap and us wanting to get at least part of his wages off the books.. 
With what we have already  done we can afford to be relaxed about it. Difference this year is that any more deals will be the icing on the cake, not a stale mouldy old cake itself.

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20220120-151321_Instagram.thumb.jpg.1255ea8babe96485064eb2ef56116c2f.jpg

That's massive news, changes things fundamentally for a lot of top clubs.

Read earlier it's specifically for players over 21, so clubs can still loan out all their 300 18 year olds every year, they'll just have to sell them earlier in their career!

6 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Chelsea screwed

Not really. They'll just sell 30 fringe players to lower league clubs in the next couple of windows, and carry on bidding stupid fees for senior squad players thanks to their dodgy-AF oligarch owner.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Read earlier it's specifically for players over 21, so clubs can still loan out all their 300 18 year olds every year, they'll just have to sell them earlier in their career!

And that is the correct way to do it, it lets youth teams get players much needed experience. But will get rid of hoarding players! 👌

32 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

@boksicdink do these people not know we Teessiders can carry a grudge to the grave, just look at Clough/Taylor

Oh yeah i've unsubscribed now, i'm done with them. 

Hope the Boro Breakdown Podcasters (if they are reading) end their association with them too

30 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Not really. They'll just sell 30 fringe players to lower league clubs in the next couple of windows, and carry on bidding stupid fees for senior squad players thanks to their dodgy-AF oligarch owner.

few buy-back clauses and they will almost carry on as they are now

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic