oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

5 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but James Olley at ESPN reckons we're quoting clubs £15 million for Spence and there's interest from the Prem and abroad.

''Tottenham and Arsenal are among several clubs interested in signing Middlesbrough right-back Djed Spence, sources have told ESPN's James Olley.

Spence, 21, is currently on loan at Nottingham Forest and any deal would have to include a loan back option given FA rules prevent a player from representing three different clubs in one season.

Spence is valued at around £15m by Middlesbrough and, although no formal offers have been made as of Wednesday afternoon, Spurs have been tracking the defender for some time.

Arsenal are looking to refresh their options at right-back. Takehiro Tomiyasu is currently first-choice but the Gunners are believed to be willing to listen to offers for understudies Cedric Soares and Calum Chambers.

Sources have told ESPN that Southampton have registered an interest in Spence as a possible replacement for Tino Livramento, who has been linked with a move away from the club this month. Similarly, Brighton are also tracking Spence in case they lose Tariq Lamptey.

Leeds are not currently in the race, as had been reported elsewhere, but sources added there are multiple clubs from outside England monitoring the situation''

Watched Tomiyasu tonight against Liverpool and he was terrible. No wonder they are looking at somebody like Spence.  If Tomiyasu cost £15M, Spence must be worth £25M!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

I think if we got a solid no debate keeper in this window then I do think that the club we have been for the last decade was over and a new club was emerging.

im old enough to have felt and seen these periods happen to Boro before, the first was the run up to liquidation and reemergence, the second was going to the Riverside and taking part in the new way football was going, the last one was when Steve McLaren left and we started to loose our way and drift.

Im not greedy though and if a keeper doesn’t come till summer then that’s the way it is, I just feel that something has fundamentally changed in the club and for that I am glad.

• Like 1

Either that is a very poor imitation of a child writing a letter or 13 year olds in Derby have the skills of six year olds in the rest of the country. It might be genuine, but does that look like a teenagers handwriting. Maybe I am being old fashioned but I have seem more legit £3 notes ..  there will be a photo of someone begging in the street next with a sign saying "Steve Gibson did this to me" ( and my butler, my maid, the cook, the chauffeur and all the gardeners). ..  end of rant     

see post in other thread...  it is a special needs school...  should have checked first...  sorry George 

Edited by Old Codger
idiocy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, sambaDTR said:

Watched Tomiyasu tonight against Liverpool and he was terrible. No wonder they are looking at somebody like Spence.  If Tomiyasu cost £15M, Spence must be worth £25M!

Everyone has a bad game now and again, but Tomiyasu is a fantastic player.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sambaDTR said:

I can only imagine you not watched Tomiyasu much this season. Probably been one of the signings of this summer. He is twice the RB Spence will ever be imo

Arteta confirmed tonights game was his first for weeks and without any training but they were desperate as had no RBs 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but James Olley at ESPN reckons we're quoting clubs £15 million for Spence and there's interest from the Prem and abroad.

''Tottenham and Arsenal are among several clubs interested in signing Middlesbrough right-back Djed Spence, sources have told ESPN's James Olley.

Spence, 21, is currently on loan at Nottingham Forest and any deal would have to include a loan back option given FA rules prevent a player from representing three different clubs in one season.

Spence is valued at around £15m by Middlesbrough and, although no formal offers have been made as of Wednesday afternoon, Spurs have been tracking the defender for some time.

Arsenal are looking to refresh their options at right-back. Takehiro Tomiyasu is currently first-choice but the Gunners are believed to be willing to listen to offers for understudies Cedric Soares and Calum Chambers.

Sources have told ESPN that Southampton have registered an interest in Spence as a possible replacement for Tino Livramento, who has been linked with a move away from the club this month. Similarly, Brighton are also tracking Spence in case they lose Tariq Lamptey.

Leeds are not currently in the race, as had been reported elsewhere, but sources added there are multiple clubs from outside England monitoring the situation''

I wouldn't pay much attention to the values quoted. It's gone up from 10 mil to 15 mil within a week. What will help us though, is that Forest sold Matty Cash at around Spences age for about 12-13 million pounds. That's a deal we should use as a yardstick when prem teams enquire. If only Spence could add another goal or two and few assists.

14 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

How comes we never signed the one good player to come out of Ituano?

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/middlesbrough-transfer-rumours-arsenal-set-seal-deal-boro-leeds-and-manchester-united-target-78688

We were in for him but never had a chance. His talent was far too obvious and the big clubs were aware.

• Like 1
On 1/19/2022 at 12:47 PM, CambridgeBoro said:

We get that treatment from a lot of podcasts, I like the Totally Football League pod but they barely mentioned us this week, always obsessing over Forest (mainly because the presenter is a huge Forest fan) but it's becoming every week now so it's getting a bit tedious, Cooper has done a very good job but to spend so much time talking about a 1-0 win when Millwall were arguably the better team is a bit tedious, they love to talk about Spence every week. Then when it came to discussing Derby he agreed with Wycombes claims but not ours...

If you want something a bit less biased then the Not The Top 20 podcast are very good, I find they are quite fair to all teams, and have given us plenty of talking time, they recently did their mid season predictions for the top 6 and relegation places and we featured heavily in that so I would give that a listen.

It’s not a podcast as such but I’ve just watched a fantastic video on us by James Alcott on the League of 72 YouTube channel. He takes an in depth look at our tactics since Chris Wilder took over.

Thought it was worth the watch. 👍 

https://youtu.be/zTc_GyGYP2Q

• Like 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic