oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but my local club has just signed Vagner Love, if you remember him ... He is a bit old .. but I hope he brings goals 

He was great on the X Factor @SmogDane Your lot have signed a good one mate 💪

image.thumb.jpeg.52f997fa76db989a85f78472ee6f6dce.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I wonder if Wolves will go in for Spence if it goes through.

If they're only getting £20m for Adama, they can't afford Spence 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, notjade said:

Anyone take Jed Steer on loan? Villa have said they might let a keeper out on loan

Can I be the first to use the phrase "bum steer"...  just have to think of a gag that fits..

to be honest, not seen much of him, but to me GK not priority at moment. Need a LCB and a LWB first to take some of load off Jones...  maybe in the summer 

10 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Can I be the first to use the phrase "bum steer"...  just have to think of a gag that fits..

to be honest, not seen much of him, but to me GK not priority at moment. Need a LCB and a LWB first to take some of load off Jones...  maybe in the summer 

You believe in building from the back and strengthening the defence, but all that’s undone if your keeper isn’t up to snuff.

truth is all of those positions need strengthening and it’s about prioritising needs. I think we need a great keeper more than 1-2 left sided players at the moment. But with FFP scrutiny bound to be following every penny we spend, it’s what we can afford and I think a great keeper is out of our price range at this window, and left sided players available atm are not much better than we have at the price we can pay.

i don’t know our finances, but sales are needed imo and until then unless we get really lucky in a target or unlucky forces our hand. This is our squad.

• Like 1

I doubt we'd get much of a fee for Browne if we sold him now, whereas if he has a good 6 months out on loan at Charlton then his value will increase at the end of the season; Similar to how Spence's market value has been significantly boosted by impressing at Nottingham Forest in a style that suits him. Historically we've been terrible at selling players at the right time for maximum fees, so hopefully we can see Browne impress before selling him in the summer. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Naisby said:

i don’t know our finances, but sales are needed imo and until then unless we get really lucky in a target or unlucky forces our hand. This is our squad.

Wilder is still saying he wants more, though. He admits he needs to balance books but still seems hopeful of getting other players in, in a couple of positions, according to Northern Echo interview. If we can’t get rid of Uche and JLS, then maybe we might still get a good prospect on loan to challenge at LCH or LWB. Premier sides might be more willing to consider loans at end of month if Covid issues abate a bit.

15 minutes ago, Juninho10 said:

Id let browne go permanently, he needs to play somewhere and isn't good enough for the championship at the moment.

A nice sell on fee and 1st option to buy, that way we hedge our bets

6 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but my local club has just signed Vagner Love, if you remember him ... He is a bit old .. but I hope he brings goals 

We were very very close to signing him, I was gutted. Songs would’ve been endless

• Wow 1
17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

We were very very close to signing him, I was gutted. Songs would’ve been endless

Keith Lamb named dropped him in an interview about signings saying it was work permit that prevented it. 

Love Love Will tear you apart again

• Wow 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic