oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Mark Warburton said that Hall had turned down £12,500 per week at QPR, with the implication being that he'd gotten more somewhere else, which was here of course.

Jesus Christ

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Could well be.. but doesn’t mean that’s the case. He may not have wanted to stay there for example. Or may have preferred to come here then to sign a new contract. Whatever he is on though I think we should move him on. And another free signing so would be a nice profit whatever he goes for 

Certainly, and it might not even be correct as I can't remember where I read it now.  I remember looking at the time and definitely the specific amount I mentioned, as it surprised me that we'd be topping that here, albeit it was a free transfer.  If it's true that we're paying £18k per week for Payero then it's not outlandish to think that an experienced Championship defender signed on a free would be on more than £12,500 I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Juninho10 said:

Payero needs more games, he was doing very well when he was playing.

Maybe.  He's certainly got some talent, and you'd think he'd likely get some game time between now and the end of the season.  I'm not so sure his long term future is here though.

Just now, Juninho10 said:

I think he has a big future in the game, he's just unlucky our midfield has played out of its skin

If he was as good as the hype then he'd be in the team regardless.  If it's true that we are open to loaning him out then I think that is quite telling.  I just have a feeling he won't be at Boro for long maybe.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If he was as good as the hype then he'd be in the team regardless.  If it's true that we are open to loaning him out then I think that is quite telling.  I just have a feeling he won't be at Boro for long maybe.

I know it’s all about levels but it’s unusual for a lad of his age to move from Argentina to Europe.

The Spanish and Italian leagues heavily scout over so most talented young lads are snapped up on their late teens.

But if nothing else it was a nice present for Warnock and he did have a good 10 minutes in one game.

2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

We had the 5th highest wage bill in the league when Warnock left. Since then we have added 5 players. 

there can be no wiggle room left we must be close to the wage bill we had when Britt was here.

We definitely don't/didn't have the 5th highest wage bill. 

Not many high earners in our squad now at all. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Naisby said:

The club is actively shopping Uche about, Wilder publicly said he was available, Unless I’m wrong it’s just us on here that are actively trying to sell Hall.

Hall was one of the first players told by Wilder to find a new club.

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

We definitely don't/didn't have the 5th highest wage bill. 

Not many high earners in our squad now at all. 

Yeah that sounded wrong to me too. I’d guess Fulham, wba, Bournemouth, Sheffield, Stoke, Forest are above us and then you have teams like Reading and Swansea who could also well be above us this season. 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic