oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

21 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Warnock signed off the Hall deal even if the ground work had been done before. If Warnock had said no I dont want him he would not be here. He is a Warnock signing.

Credit to Warnock for Crooks and Watmore as they been excellent. And for turning Paddy in to a CB. Fisher at 300k I take no issue with as he will be a able deputy next season. Bamba and Peltier also been good signings.

The big mistake for Warnock for me are. 1. Never addressing the GK situation properly despite having several attempts. And 2. The signing of Chuba and then disregarding him.

but all in all. Warnock deserves a lot of credit. He did well for us even if towards the end he began to become very annoying.

Agree signings besides Crooks and Watmore have not really come to much. What I would give credit to Warnock though is for restoring Bola's and Dijksteel's confidence and giving Jones' his opportunity. Whilst his tenure has hardly been a success, he laid good foundations for Wilder to build on.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, ph. said:

Agree signings besides Crooks and Watmore have not really come to much. What I would give credit to Warnock though is for restoring Bola's and Dijksteel's confidence and giving Jones' his opportunity. Whilst his tenure has hardly been a success, he laid good foundations for Wilder to build on.

I'm not sure he deserves that much credit for this, I'm sure he said in an interview that if Ameobi hadn't been crocked when we signed him that Jones was due to go out on loan to Queen of the South again.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, notjade said:

One out of left field, Karius? He's been told he can leave this window and is free in summer. His confidence is shot but maybe a champ move could work well for him

Karius would be insane, quality keeper just bad luck the champions league final

1 minute ago, Will said:

I'm not sure he deserves that much credit for this, I'm sure he said in an interview that if Ameobi hadn't been crocked when we signed him that Jones was due to go out on loan to Queen of the South again.

Can we give Ameobi and Warnock credit then 🤣

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Will said:

I still think there is a certain amount of credit to give Warnock as plenty of other managers would have still shipped him out and played a senior pro (probably out of position).

credit to Jones though as he has made a spot in the first team his own.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Will said:

Most young players get there chance because of injuries

7 minutes ago, ABH said:

Most young players get there chance because of injuries

Warnock signed a player to play ahead of him and was going to send him out on loan. Jones got a chance because of a freak set of circumstances, not because of anything Warnock did.

6 minutes ago, Will said:

Warnock signed a player to play ahead of him and was going to send him out on loan. Jones got a chance because of a freak set of circumstances, not because of anything Warnock did.

Ok

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic