oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

35 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Half the deadwood we are trying or have shifted look to be Scott’s signings (Onel and JLS) whilst Browne was here before Warnock. 

I wouldn't describe Onel as deadwood personally. The only reason he left is exactly because the manager and style of play changed. I also think there's a very good chance we would have got him with or without Scott as I believe he is widely believed to be the player Warnock said he'd "take in a heartbeat" when potential transfers were being discussed.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

So by your logic are you saying certain managers don't deserve credit for certain achievements because other managers of similar ilk could POSSIBLY do the same thing?

I get where you're coming from but it was hardly Roberto Di Matteo winning the Champions League though, was it?

You can respect the way he came in for sure but I think it's important to acknowledge the difficulty of the task that he had when he came in, it wasn't overwhelming and he had a good group of players to work with.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis Wing's loan at Sheff Wed was cancelled and he ended up at another club.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-player-moore-snub-22850581

"Wing is one of six loan players on the Owls' books. English Football League rules stipulate only five can be named in a matchday squad.

Although Moore has no qualms with carrying lots of loans, the likelihood is Wednesday will sign at least one more before the January deadline. Talks are ongoing with Arsenal over borrowing striker Tyreece John-Jules for the remainder of the campaign.

There are big question marks surrounding Wing and Lewis Gibson's futures. Neither Wing nor Gibson have fulfilled their potential for various reasons.

Three defeats from the last four matches has derailed the Owls' promotion push and Moore must quickly decide on the make-up of his loan contingent. Their season could hinge on the decision."

4 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis Wing's loan at Sheff Wed was cancelled and he ended up at another club.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-player-moore-snub-22850581

"Wing is one of six loan players on the Owls' books. English Football League rules stipulate only five can be named in a matchday squad.

Although Moore has no qualms with carrying lots of loans, the likelihood is Wednesday will sign at least one more before the January deadline. Talks are ongoing with Arsenal over borrowing striker Tyreece John-Jules for the remainder of the campaign.

There are big question marks surrounding Wing and Lewis Gibson's futures. Neither Wing nor Gibson have fulfilled their potential for various reasons.

Three defeats from the last four matches has derailed the Owls' promotion push and Moore must quickly decide on the make-up of his loan contingent. Their season could hinge on the decision."

let Wednesday and Wings agent do the legwork, no need for us to get overly involved.

rather we concentrated on players we need to move on, or bring in.

8 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

The amount we've fleeced Wednesday for Rhodes and Reach they deserve a freebee off of us. 🤠

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

The amount we've fleeced Wednesday for Rhodes and Reach they deserve a freebee off of us. 🤠

I'm not sure they'd thank you for Lewis Wing, even on a free.  No wonder they think Gibbo hates them.

• Haha 1

I thought Wing would be a standout player in League 1. The fact that he hasn't been suggests that there's no way back fort him here, with us looking up and with the likes of McGree and Payero already filling the spots on the bench.

He probably hasn't done enough for any club to part with money in order to sign him. I reckon we'll release him at the end of the season (assuming he did sign an extension, as reports were somewhat confusing IIRC)

It was a really bad decision of his not to stay at Rotherham, in hindsight.  I can't see them wanting him back now though, they don't need him, and their fans hate him after some comments he made when he signed for Sheff Wed.

I think he's shown here initially and in his loans at Yeovil and Rotherham that he can be a useful player, it's just finding the right fit and style of play for him.

• Like 1

Regardless of who signed Onel it was a good signing at the time due to the tactics we played. It just happened to change when the new manager came in, That happens, but I'm not blaming anyone for loaning him in the first place, Fwiw the responsible person should be commended for just loaning him and buying him.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic