oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I wouldn’t move Crooks. He links up with Jones and is helping his overall game.

Agreed. The best partnership in the team is between Crooks and Jones on the right. Maybe in the future Crooks might be better in the middle but I get the impression that his partnership with Jones is also improving Crooks as a player. Trying to shoehorn Payero into the team because he cost money and is from Argentina would be a mistake. Our problems are down the left side and our non-scoring strikers. Defensively we're pretty good across the pitch though we miss Watmore's pressing from the front when he's not playing. 

Taylor is a perfectly fine but limited defensive left-back who can play give and goes, McNair is playing on his wrong foot and Tav just doesn't link up well with our current forwards. I do wonder if it is time to give Tav a go at left wing back; he doesn't have the same pace as Jones but he does have a great work rate and engine. 

Ironically, though I think a left-footed centre back is really important, it would mean moving McNair to the right. He would be better than Dijksteel there but it would be harsh on Dijksteel. But with 6 senior centre backs already plus Wood and no sign of interest in Hall, I doubt we can afford one.

Must admit that it is hard to see us bringing anyone else in until we have some more outgoings and, even then, it might be more likely to be a LCB as back-up to McNair. 

13 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Crooks has been one of the players of the season, is a huge part of Jones success, and is a goal threat.

why wouldn’t he start the next game?

He'll start every game he's available.

But he's only 2 cards away from a 2 match suspension.

If we get another incredibly card happy referee like we did last night, that suspension is coming soon.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I think if i could choose one position to strengthen before next Monday then it would be left footed centre half. The fluency down that side is slowed down as Paddy needs to cut on to his right foot. We were linked with several left footers over the summer and notably most have since moved bar Ciaron Brown.

Can anyone think of any other left footed centre halfs we could realistically target either on loan from PL or permanant within the football league? (Apart from Gorgeous George obv).

Kristian Pedersen bcfc, KortneyHause avfc,Jarrod Branthwaite efc, Terence Kongolo FFC, Daniel Gretarsson Bfc 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, uncle_rico said:

Morning all. Looks like we are after Jeff Hendrick from the Geordies. Looks like a loan for the rest of the season.

Why would we be after another CM when we won't even sub one on even if the 3 on the pitch are playing ***?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, notjade said:

Why would we be after another CM when we won't even sub one on even if the 3 on the pitch are playing ***?

I suppose he might just really not rate Payero and is looking for other options.

Would explain the extreme reluctance to change.

I don't think he's brought in McGree not to play him.

If we bring another midfielder in it will be the end of Payero and a real indication that Wilder doesn't fancy him and isn't going to give him a chance. Might aswell just offload him then.

8 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Morning all. Looks like we are after Jeff Hendrick from the Geordies. Looks like a loan for the rest of the season.

That's me cleaning up the Kenco from the keyboard after reading that!  

He is to midfield what Richard Keogh is to defending. Another one who isn't an upgrade on what we have.

29 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Agreed. The best partnership in the team is between Crooks and Jones on the right. Maybe in the future Crooks might be better in the middle but I get the impression that his partnership with Jones is also improving Crooks as a player. Trying to shoehorn Payero into the team because he cost money and is from Argentina would be a mistake. Our problems are down the left side and our non-scoring strikers. Defensively we're pretty good across the pitch though we miss Watmore's pressing from the front when he's not playing. 

Taylor is a perfectly fine but limited defensive left-back who can play give and goes, McNair is playing on his wrong foot and Tav just doesn't link up well with our current forwards. I do wonder if it is time to give Tav a go at left wing back; he doesn't have the same pace as Jones but he does have a great work rate and engine. 

Ironically, though I think a left-footed centre back is really important, it would mean moving McNair to the right. He would be better than Dijksteel there but it would be harsh on Dijksteel. But with 6 senior centre backs already plus Wood and no sign of interest in Hall, I doubt we can afford one.

Must admit that it is hard to see us bringing anyone else in until we have some more outgoings and, even then, it might be more likely to be a LCB as back-up to McNair. 

I floated the idea of Tav at LWB last night. Came to the conclusion that we’d lose too much from the middle of the park if we did. McGree is key here. If he’s up to scratch, he could prove to be a good option at LWB.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

I imagine he’ll to be brought in as competition for Howson. If it’s a cheap deal, I don’t see the issue. That would be two players for each midfield spot 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

I floated the idea of Tav at LWB last night. Came to the conclusion that we’d lose too much from the middle of the park if we did. McGree is key here. If he’s up to scratch, he could prove to be a good option at LWB.

The two of them could switch roles freely throughout the game too which could cause confusion amongst opposition defences. We need to do something about that left side anyway, Taylor offers nothing going forward, Tav works hard but is lacking a bit of quality in the final 3rd atm, even McNairs distribution has dropped in the last few games and though he gets forwards like wilder wants, he seems to get a nosebleed and his passing deserts him in the final third. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The two of them could switch roles freely throughout the game too which could cause confusion amongst opposition defences. We need to do something about that left side anyway, Taylor offers nothing going forward, Tav works hard but is lacking a bit of quality in the final 3rd atm, even McNairs distribution has dropped in the last few games and though he gets forwards like wilder wants, he seems to get a nosebleed and his passing deserts him in the final third. 

Balogun looks like a left winger with pace to me , play him there, with Tav - McGree inside .

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We've lost Tav's threat in the attacking third because he's not coming in off the right onto his left foot anymore. I think it's that simple.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic