oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

Just now, Leesider said:

Any update on Bola ? He adds massively to the team imo, Taylor was really only brought in as a squad player.

He has done OK but Bola would be a huge improvement.

Think he was meant to be out a couple months, not sure we'll see him till March at the earliest.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The next line up will show what he thinks of Payero IMO because none of the CM covered themselves in glory and if there was ever a time for change to try something new, it's now.

This is what me and son were saying last night. All bar the defenders could be replaced on Saturday. I exclude defenders as we don't have like for like.

If based on form I would go 

Balogon for Sporar 

Watmore for Connolly 

Payero for Howson, Crooks to CDM 

Boyd-Munce for Tav 

I only expect perhaps the first 2. And I agree it seems Wilder really won't give Payero any sort of chance. Shame as I think he was starting to show what he can do.

He doesn't help himself as his warming up is so lazy.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, edinboro said:

This is what me and son were saying last night. All bar the defenders could be replaced on Saturday. I exclude defenders as we don't have like for like.

Balogon for Sporar 

Watmore for Connolly 

Boyd-Munce for Tav 

I only expect perhaps the first 2. And I agree it seems Wilder really won't give Payero any sort of chance. Shame as I think he was starting to show what he can do.

Cannot see any justification for so many changes.  

• Like 2

Mogga did a job on us last night, he moved his midfield up to man mark our three and set his two forwards to harry and get in the face of our back three so we had no time on the ball and no one to pass to. It worked a treat and we had no answer to it so expect every team now to do the same. We need midfielders who can find space, turn and bring in other players and let’s be honest we don’t have them, so it’s an interesting coaching challenge for Wilder. Having said all of that, we should have had a penalty, Crooks should have scored with at least one of those headers and Connolly and Jones should have hit the target. There you are on another day we could have won 5 - 0, let’s move on to the next game

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

not great last night and 3 or 4 had poor games which led to that. We could do with adding anothe centre back to the squad becaus Dijksteel is prone to bad games and injury, Howson and Tav arent shoe-ins in CM , We definately need a solid GK  and smother lb/lwb option.   No=one comes out of las nights game with anymore than a 5/10 , and id have to be pushed really hard to select our top performer as there was no stand out but id have to say Sporar  albeit his best work was his closing down and workrate We now have a bigger choice of striking options and they all got on the field last night but there was no service whatsoever from a structured build up in open play. Conolly was the worst of our poor performers and im more convinced in my own feelings about his abilities after that showing. if we persist on 2 strikers ,for me its 2 from Watmore.Sporar and Balagun. Were crying out for a crative midfielder and have Payero and McGree still to be given an opportunity . Tav  no longer merits being in front of thost two for a starting place  even though im a firm believer in his abilities. Paddy has looked better in defence than midfield but still has moments of  not sorting his feet out like last nights goal showed, Fry is still raw and can be bullied at times a d Dijksteel has the odd rickett in him so we need a no nonsense CB  to complment the central defence. i honestly didnt mean for this post to be dom and gloom....more constructive critisism and im beginning to worry its leaning the former way so ill finish off with my opinion that with minor tweeks weshould be confident of finishing in the top 8. who knows-maybe a little more.

24 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Linked with Jeff Hendricks from Newcastle on talksport 

How he's been in the Premier League for so long is beyond me, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole especially if he's on big wages.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Balogon for Sporar 

Watmore for Connolly 

Boyd-Munce for Tav 

I think a shake-up would also be good to reinforce the fact that no-one is (or should be) guaranteed to start. Just to stop any complacency from settling in.

Even before last night, performances in the last few games were starting to drop off IMO. I genuinely think a few changes wouldn't be a bad idea.

Although like you said, Wilder doesn't seem one to make drastic changes, so we'll be lucky to see a couple.

• Like 1

More likely that he will give the same 11 an opportunity to redeem themselves on Saturday given that our recent form before last night has been excellent. However if the first half against Cov is poor again then I would expect him to make changes both in midfield and up front much earlier than he has done so far.

Feel sorry for Payero because he really doesn’t seem to have been given a chance, but neither of our last two managers have rated him so maybe they’re right?? 

Looks like the Head of Recruitment we had over summer (Payero, JLS and Sporar) maybe hasn’t uncovered the gems we were hoping for. Is this why he’s already been replaced with that guy from Swansea (was it?) 

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic