oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

23 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Why move Crooks when him and Jones are the only good thing in attack?

If he's such an integral part of it then maybe he can get Taylor going down the left hand side instead.  Give us more attacking options.  If he's that important to it of course...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If he's such an integral part of it then maybe he can get Taylor going down the left hand side instead.  Give us more attacking options.  If he's that important to it of course...

Exactly, it's nothing to do who you pair with who. Yes crooks does play some good balls for jones but I'd say that is trained into them. Taylor seems unwilling/unable to run at his man and almost always when he receives the ball stops and looks for the sideways or backwards pass. Tav could also do with coming closer to Taylor like how crooks does with Jones though. 

28 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Can’t work out if 

200.gif

Or just a

troll dancing GIF

1 hour ago, SmogInSheff said:

Hope he still has a future here, I think last night he just wanted strikers on rather than midfielders

This was a strange one for me, we ended up with 5 strikers on the pitch at the end but I think replacing Howson with Payero could have given us more creativity and quality in the build up rather than replacing Howson with a striker. Or maybe 4 strikers just isn't quite enough to score? 🤠

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Can’t work out if 

200.gif

Or just a

troll dancing GIF

To me, it's quite simple.  If he's an important part of it then he can do the same thing on the other side of the field.  If it's actually all about Jones then he won't be able to, in which case he isn't an absolute must to start, is he?  Jones would be the absolute must to start, everyone in our squad should be able to play 5/10 yard passes for him to run onto.  So in theory, you could have Payero there, who I'd say is probably technically better than Crooks anyway, and have Crooks on the other side of the field so you don't lose his goal threat.  For that matter you could have Tavernier and Crooks switch places.  That's if you wanted to do something like that.  If the midfield isn't playing well, why would you just continue doing the same thing?  If it was Warnock, Woodgate or Pulis he'd be getting pelters for being inflexible.  I don't believe our current midfield is good enough to gain promotion, I might be in a minority on that one, so one way or another we're gonna be changing things in my opinion.  And I'll take it a bit further, I thought last night was a lousy coaching job by Wilder.  If all we have is plan A and then throw as many strikers on as possible in desperation, I'm not seeing a coaching genius at work 🤷‍♂️

We've had a good run of results, better than I'd expected in all honesty.  I'm not sure the performances have all been great mind, I think we've been pretty lucky in a couple of games.  I don't see a team of undroppable players, put it that way, but again I might be in a minority on this.

• Like 2

I know it’s a bit of an overreaction after one game but I hope it’s not similar to last January where we bought ‘improvements’ but the wheels came off a bit. Seen nothing from Connolly to suggest he’s any better or different to Watmore yet. Hendricks link is a strange one. Maybe Payero to be loaned out and Hendricks warns our bench rather then have our asset sat not playing 🤷‍♂️ 

24 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

I know it’s a bit of an overreaction after one game but I hope it’s not similar to last January where we bought ‘improvements’ but the wheels came off a bit. Seen nothing from Connolly to suggest he’s any better or different to Watmore yet. Hendricks link is a strange one. Maybe Payero to be loaned out and Hendricks warns our bench rather then have our asset sat not playing 🤷‍♂️ 

I would have thought that Hendricks would be seen as a replacement for Howson.

Wilder got fired because of his poor recruitment at Sheff U, he also overspent on some.

My concern is what is he up to now , the dressing room was tight, now ?, Is Connolly better than Whatmore ? We need a Howson replacement , and midfield strengthening , we should have beaten Blackburn, but Crooks showed his flaws again  , Sporer at times should be subbed or benched, why sell Uche , he's an option ,

I see lots of prem games and we are miles away from that level , yesterday we went back to normal , we played like a Gary Monk team, gaps all over, players lost, I sound negative but high  standards must be the priority

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, kentucky said:

Wilder got fired because of his poor recruitment at Sheff U, he also overspent on some.

My concern is what is he up to now , the dressing room was tight, now ?, Is Connolly better than Whatmore ? We need a Howson replacement , and midfield strengthening , we should have beaten Blackburn, but Crooks showed his flaws again  , Sporer at times should be subbed or benched, why sell Uche , he's an option ,

I see lots of prem games and we are miles away from that level , yesterday we went back to normal , we played like a Gary Monk team, gaps all over, players lost, I sound negative but high  standards must be the priority

Seems to be going for the McClaren ‘let’s just throw all our forwards on’ tactic. Doesn’t always work. We seemed to be going direct at points and expecting the two forwards to do what Uche would have done perfectly well.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I would love this guy at Boro. He really is a top quality goalkeeper 

Seems to be getting good reviews at Portsmouth, though I do wonder whether there's any actual truth in the link.

I just you tubed him. He has some incredible reflexes. Get him in. 6 months and then have him on loan for another year if he performs well. He has most clean sheets in league 1 i think and is currently Ireland no.1. 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic